What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

C-Mag

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:33 pm

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote: You should, we have the head of kingdoms owing us favors
So, you're crooked Wharf Cops................... I should of known. No way you guys are Lawful. Your breaking your alignment again. You already lost a magic stick for breaking your alignment.
If the Crown says it's lawful, it's lawful. We got the special privileges, because we aren't a bunch of Chaotic fags who live only in the now and want to wave their dicks at the Crown, and instead we cultivated favors among important NPCs.
/shrugs
Now, I don't know this game. But I would think a Lawful person would show there credentials from the Crown before attacking. ESPECIALLY, when presented with a Letter of Marque from the Crown.

I'm not sure Lawful people would divert from their appointed duties just because they think they see somethings over there.

I'm quite sure Lawful people wouldn't just decide what the law is on the spot.

You guys are definitely acting Chaotic. Maybe you are just Chaotic Evil and activing Lawful. This thing has been running for 24 hrs and we already have 2 unprovoked attacks. I'm sure the Crown would not approve of that. Would the Crown even claim you after the first unprovoked attack ?

You guys act like ISIS inspired street knife attackers.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:37 pm

C-Mag wrote:But I would think a Lawful person would show there credentials from the Crown before attacking. ESPECIALLY, when presented with a Letter of Marque from the Crown.
We did and you decided not to show yours, hence the attack. If you wanted to avoid the attack, y'all should have had DBTrek not lip off and act like an enemy of the Crown when you had a letter of marque on board the whole time. That's on y'all, poor choice of leadership, time for a mutiny, replace him with someone who won't needlessly piss off the Crown, and put you into conflict with important agents acting for her benefit, for no good reason other than being a shithead who hates on authority.

If I were y'all, I'd pick someone who isn't so opposed to working with powerful NPCs who can do your band of adventurers major solids, instead of someone with no diplomatic skills whatsoever, who will burn important bridges on a mere whim, without consulting the crew. Just a suggestion.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:46 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Makes sense for pirates to try to bluff their way past, but Carlus overplays the hand with "we're superduper agents, nobody can stop us, we are above the law, and anybody who gets in our way is dead meat". That's not bluffing, that's just calling it in on your pos.

Basically pulling the Sovereign Citizen stunt on the Highway Patrol; that never works.
If they were superduper agents, they would just flash their badges and pass through quickly. Saying that they are superduper agents isn't unrealistic, if they are actually good at D&D then it's totally possible to achieve such an arrangement after some maneuvering, but not presenting their credentials when they claim to have them, that's what makes the whole thing stink.
The credentials they presented was a letter of marque, but that doesn't make them superduperagents, and once they claim the goods on board are subject to a letter of marque, then they wouldn't be refusing to have them inspected, a letter of marque doesn't make a privateer above the law, quite the opposite, it conscripts him into the fleet.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The credentials they presented was a letter of marque, but that doesn't make them superduperagents, and once they claim the goods on board are subject to a letter of marque, then they wouldn't be refusing to have them inspected, a letter of marque doesn't make a privateer above the law, quite the opposite, it conscripts him into the fleet.
Well they should get better credentials then, that just goes to show they are amateurs. Not only do they not show their credentials until after they flex on us, but their credentials aren't even adequate, bunch of noobs. It's like they are intentionally committing suicide so they can roll with another character.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:But I would think a Lawful person would show there credentials from the Crown before attacking. ESPECIALLY, when presented with a Letter of Marque from the Crown.
We did and you decided not to show yours, hence the attack. If you wanted to avoid the attack, y'all should have had DBTrek not lip off and act like an enemy of the Crown when you had a letter of marque on board the whole time. That's on y'all, poor choice of leadership, time for a mutiny, replace him with someone who won't needlessly piss off the Crown, and put you into conflict with important agents acting for her benefit, for no good reason other than being a shithead who hates on authority. I'd pick someone who isn't so opposed to working with powerful NPCs who can do your band of adventurers major solids, instead of someone with no diplomatic skills whatsoever.

I didn't lip off, I just read the Letter of Marque. You didn't like it and accused me of lipping off. Your Wharf constables, and crooked ones at that.

Lawful characters would stick to your appointed rounds, you wouldn't run off and just stark shaking down a ship for no reason. But that's what you did. There's still no crime here, which makes you bad cops on top of it. Definitely no Lawful.

Oh, and I'm not the leader of the ship. I just jumped on it. I was told Kath is the leader of the ship, and DBtrek is 1st mate I guess. Penner Master at Arms. I'm just a guy on a ship with a Letter of Marque and Reprisal, and your hassling me. Lawful characters would speak to the Captain of this ship, follow chain of command and all that.

The deeper I get into this I realize how chaotic and unlawful you guys are. You are the kind of cops just out to crack skulls; dissatisfied with your lot in life as Wharf Constables, thinking your are greater than you are, tied up with graft and corruption with agents of the crown, you even said so.

Sad, very sad.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:52 pm

DBTrek lipped off before any credentials were presented by the crew, y'all shouldn't have put him in charge, now you're paying for it. Don't blame us, blame your shitty leader, it's mutiny time, he couldn't even handle a simple attempted inspection by important characters who the Crown happens to owe favors to. Throw that chump under the bus already, why don't you take charge C-Mag, you're at least smarter than DBTrek when it comes to playing the game.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The credentials they presented was a letter of marque, but that doesn't make them superduperagents, and once they claim the goods on board are subject to a letter of marque, then they wouldn't be refusing to have them inspected, a letter of marque doesn't make a privateer above the law, quite the opposite, it conscripts him into the fleet.
Well they should get better credentials then, that just goes to show they are amateurs. Not only do they not show their credentials until after they flex on us, but their credentials aren't even adequate, bunch of noobs. It's like they are intentionally committing suicide so they can roll with another character.
Obvious pirates is obvious, upon encountering a Lawful Good Knight, the first one threatens to feed him to the sharks, the second claims to wield the absolute power of a monarch, with a battle axe; that's go time, alignment and divinity demands, none shall pass.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Obvious pirates is obvious, upon encountering a Lawful Good Knight, the first one threatens to feed him to the sharks, the second claims to wield the absolute power of a monarch, with a battle axe; that's go time, alignment and divinity demands, none shall pass.
Their inability to know they shouldn't cross that line when dealing with you, that just proves they don't know what they are doing, chalk it up to incompetent leadership. They should be trying to make the Crown happy, not piss them off needlessly.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just waiting for you to start breaking tail lights
Ya know boy,
We gots Laws down hare 'bout drivin wit' broken lights

'fraid I'm gonna halfto run ya in son.

PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Don't mess with people who have powerful friends, when you're just a bunch of hermit pirates.
*yip*