Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 am

Well it's a big world with room enough for all types. Of course, in the future there will not be enough land to produce enough meat to keep up with the consumption rates found in the West today and price will dictate that most people will eat less meat. For now live and let live should work both ways.
Ask me why I don't eat dead animals and I will try to explain my reasons but I will not try to impose my moral values on you. I'm not a priest after all....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:11 am

Tolerance of the sort where one side remains quiet while the other side slaughters millions of innocents is not any tolerance I would subscribe to. To tolerate is to consent, yet the animals are given no choice, the people demanding tolerance take it from them, the very thing they so greedily ask for.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:13 am

Hastur wrote:Yea. And some people still think genocide is a valid solution to stop suffering.
Genocide? You mean not breeding animals? Those are two different concepts, sorry mate, I know english is tough.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:21 am

Montegriffo wrote:Well it's a big world with room enough for all types. Of course, in the future there will not be enough land to produce enough meat to keep up with the consumption rates found in the West today and price will dictate that most people will eat less meat. For now live and let live should work both ways.
Ask me why I don't eat dead animals and I will try to explain my reasons but I will not try to impose my moral values on you. I'm not a priest after all....
Less meat is in the future, for sure.

I have cut down on meat over the recent years. Now I almost only eat locally produced, mostly ecologically produced meat. Hard to do when you eat out as much as I do though. I prefer to eat good meat more seldom than a lot of the cheap stuff.

I try to eat game meat as often as I can afford. Reindeer as well.

Fish is a problem. It's healthy food but I have concerns about farming, overfishing, sustainability, and pollution in the local stock so it's hard to handle.

I only eat eggs from free range chicken.

I love Shellfish. I eat it as often as I can.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 am

JohnDonne wrote:Tolerance of the sort where one side remains quiet while the other side slaughters millions of innocents is not any tolerance I would subscribe to. To tolerate is to consent, yet the animals are given no choice, the people demanding tolerance take it from them, the very thing they so greedily ask for.
Tolerance does not include death threats to chilren just because their parents produce award winning cheese. I've never bought Fen farm products before but I'm going to now as a gesture of solidarity. If there's any left of course, this hateful militant vegan campaign has been the best thing that could ever happen to their business, they are going to have to increase production to keep up with demand now :clap:
Talk about counter productive :oops:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 am

Hastur wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Well it's a big world with room enough for all types. Of course, in the future there will not be enough land to produce enough meat to keep up with the consumption rates found in the West today and price will dictate that most people will eat less meat. For now live and let live should work both ways.
Less meat is in the future, for sure.

I have cut down on meat over the recent years. Now I almost only eat locally produced, mostly ecologically produced meat. Hard to do when you eat out as much as I do though. I prefer to eat good meat more seldom than a lot of the cheap stuff.

I try to eat game meat as often as I can afford. Reindeer as well.

Fish is a problem. It's healthy food but I have concerns about farming, overfishing, sustainability, and pollution in the local stock so it's hard to handle.

I only eat eggs from free range chicken.

I love Shellfish. I eat it as often as I can.
All good choices, many game species here are non indigenous pests. I actively support eating more rabbits, muntjak and Chinese water deer. As far as I'm concerned it's the only justification for owning a rifle in the UK.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:The thing is the intolerance goes both ways.
Today while waiting around for everyone to arrive for the threshing I brought up the subject of Fen farm. Upon hearing that I was a vegetarian one of the guys came and stood right in my face and angrily told me that I should eat meat. I pointed out that at no point had I told him that he should stop eating meat and it was none of his business what I chose to do. I took a step back as he really was getting in my face and he took a step forward and continued to tell me I was wrong. I had to walk away in the end because I was feeling myself get angry.
I have my reasons for choosing not to eat animals which include health, animal welfare and environmental factors but I don't insist that others join my crusade. I am a chef and I cook meat for others because their karma is not my concern.
Oh well arseholes gotta arsehole I suppose.
I'm a predator and omnivore. I love meat, it's probably my first selection.................. but really fresh greens or fruit is always hard to pass up. Frankly I think people that don't eat meat are a little weird, but all people are a little weird in one way or another. I just as soon fewer people eat meat, leaves more for me and keeps the price down. It's like the game farm hunting that is a controversy in areas with game farm hunting. I say, Great you go slaughter a penned up deer, elk or exotic animal............... get's wealthy idiots out of the woods and leaves more out there for me.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:41 am

Since we almost hunted the wolfs to extinction we have a lot of moose and roe deer. The wild boar is getting out of control as of late. They cause a lot of damage to farm crops so we need to control them. Problem is you aren't allowed to butcher them yourself after shooting them because they have to be sampled for tracking certain diseases like Trichinella. You have to take the body to a butchery.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Hastur wrote:Yea. And some people still think genocide is a valid solution to stop suffering.
Genocide? You mean not breeding animals? Those are two different concepts, sorry mate, I know english is tough.
So the Nazis should just have prevented the jews from breeding until they were extinct and it would have been totally acceptable. Got it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 am

Hastur wrote:Since we almost hunted the wolfs to extinction we have a lot of moose and roe deer. The wild boar is getting out of control as of late. They cause a lot of damage to farm crops so we need to control them. Problem is you aren't allowed to butcher them yourself after shooting them because they have to be sampled for tracking certain diseases like Trichinella. You have to take the body to a butchery.
We went backwards. Had all the wolves exterminated, game was plentiful and it was AWESOME. Then we brought them back. Wolves are efficient killers and breed like crazy. Now I need to compete with those bastards. :lol:

That's too bad about the butchering. If memory serves it's pretty easy to spot Trichinella in meat. Should just be able to get the carcass inspecting one would think.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience