What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

StCapps

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:08 pm

C-Mag wrote:Seriously, all you guys got and you've decided to be Wharf Cops ? Not too heroic, pretty lame really.
We were just happening by and saw some suspicious activity and decided to take a look. Capturing the likes of you could result in quite the favor from the Crown being granted, unlike you, we seek to keep the royalty happy because we aren't short sighted motherfuckers. I enjoy the Crown owing me favors, they go a lot farther than mere letters, protip.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Sounds like obstruction of HM's Customs and excise to me. Either pay up the duty on that rum in your hold or tip your cargo into the harbour and lets get this revolution started...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Sounds like obstruction of HM's Customs and excise to me. Either pay up the duty on that rum in your hold or tip your cargo into the harbour and lets get this revolution started...
Basically, they sure seem like amateurs who were granted no special privileges from HM, but are trying to front like are, and doing a really terrible job of it. Obvious ruse is obvious.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:12 pm

OK, now I understand

......... and I tremble in fear.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:16 pm

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Sounds like obstruction of HM's Customs and excise to me. Either pay up the duty on that rum in your hold or tip your cargo into the harbour and lets get this revolution started...
Basically, they sure seem like amateurs who were granted no special privileges from HM, but are trying to front like are, and doing a really terrible job of it. Obvious ruse is obvious.

Like I said, while you were buying flashy clothes and armor, I was buying a Letter of Marque and Reprisal.

Do you think Sir Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh were listening to some lowly Wharf Constables.

PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:18 pm

C-Mag wrote:......... and I tremble in fear.
You should, we have the head of kingdoms owing us favors, you are trying to avoid giving the crown it's cut and pissing them off. Our friends are more powerful than your friends, and have access to more than just one piddling weapons stash, and have access to more and better booze too. You're just a bunch of small time amateur adventurers, we're the real deal professionals, who know who to play the game on a much higher level, because we know how to work important NPCs for big favors, and you don't.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:20 pm

StCapps wrote:
You should, we have the head of kingdoms owing us favors, you are trying to avoid giving the crown it's cut and pissing them off. Our friends are more powerful than your friends, and have access to more than just one piddling weapons stash, and have access to better booze too, you're a bunch of small time amateur adventurers, we're the real deal professionals who know who to play the game on a much higher level.

189 dimensional D+D.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
You should, we have the head of kingdoms owing us favors, you are trying to avoid giving the crown it's cut and pissing them off. Our friends are more powerful than your friends, and have access to more than just one piddling weapons stash, and have access to better booze too, you're a bunch of small time amateur adventurers, we're the real deal professionals who know who to play the game on a much higher level.

189 dimensional D+D.
Exactly. They are playing in 2D, blinded by combat mechanics and building quirky characters, not seeing anything close to what is actually the bigger picture, wasting their time partying and rebelling against authorities that could do them big favors. Short-sighted amateurs who need to be schooled in how to actually play the game, hell I'm not even that great at D&D, and even I know this shit, these guys are huge chumps that can't even live up to that standard.

Pirate Party Boat = Noob Shit
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
You should, we have the head of kingdoms owing us favors
So, you're crooked Wharf Cops................... I should of known. No way you guys are Lawful. Your breaking your alignment again. You already lost a magic stick for breaking your alignment.

PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:27 pm

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:
You should, we have the head of kingdoms owing us favors
So, you're crooked Wharf Cops................... I should of known. No way you guys are Lawful. Your breaking your alignment again. You already lost a magic stick for breaking your alignment.

If the Crown says it's lawful, it's lawful. We got the special privileges, because we aren't a bunch of Chaotic fags who live only in the now and want to wave their dicks at the Crown, and instead we cultivated favors among important NPCs.
/shrugs

Who told you that pissing off important potential allies for no good reason was the way to play D&D? Diplomacy is an important aspect of the game that y'all have seriously neglected. If you want bigger loot hauls, then it's important to grease the wheels of NPCs who can point you in the direction of the biggest hauls due to their connections and access to important information, protip.
*yip*