Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Fife

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:59 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fife wrote:Anyone you aggress against to "meet your needs" has the right to drop your ass in the street.

Articulate your "right" to take what you feel like you need from another man without his consent. What is that "right," and where does it come from?
It comes from testosterone.

You do not understand because you support the aristocracy, the hording of liberty by a tiny fraction of people who, like royalty, pass their hoard onto their heirs. You think your family is special, probably from a magical source or you were just born more worthy, and that magical force will maintain your hoarded opportunity, but it won't. You will eventually realize that while you were hoarding liberty, the other men were dreaming of the day they would regain their natural Right of Violence...
:lol:

OK, pull that shit in Benton County and get your honky ass ventilated in a NY minute.

See how it works out for your natural Right of Violence.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:Chimps? What about jackals; or fish?

What tells a shark it's not okay to eat another shark?

The answer: nothing.

What gives the shark the right to eat another shark:

The answer: nature.

What is the difference between a chimp and a homo sapiens? In the paleolithic, killing off other gangs of men for their women and resources was the way of life no differently than it still is for our primate cousins.
Sharks don't have a concept of property, right? Nor chimps.

Hey, if somebody wants to go all in on mob rule, who am I to stop them? At least until they cross my border.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:04 am

Fife wrote:
Fife wrote:Chimps? What about jackals; or fish?

What is the difference between a chimp and a homo sapiens? In the paleolithic, killing off other gangs of men for their women and resources was the way of life no differently than it still is for our primate cousins.

Hey, if somebody wants to go all in on mob rule, who am I to stop them? At least until they cross my border.

So in the state of nature, the default and only right is the right to make war (bellum omnium contra omnes). Being rational animals, we can see that such a life is short, brutish, and not beneficial to hardly any individual person. So we strive to transcend nature through reason.

The difference between us and all the other creatures is reason..

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:So in the state of nature, the default and only right is the right to make war (bellum omnium contra omnes). Being rational animals, we can see that such a life is short, brutish, and not beneficial to hardly any individual person. So we strive to transcend nature through reason.

That's an impossible point to get across in this crowd. I've given up trying.

p.s. I only post my objective thoughts so that I can quote them later.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 am

Fife wrote:

So in the state of nature, the default and only right is the right to make war (bellum omnium contra omnes). Being rational animals, we can see that such a life is short, brutish, and not beneficial to hardly any individual person. So we strive to transcend nature through reason.

Hobbes went down a dead-end road, based on seriously flawed premises.

As this forum demonstrates, he's not the only person affected with a big old dose of psychological egoism.

:goteam: :drunk:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:02 am

As I said, it's hopeless. Better to not try.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 am

Fife wrote:
Fife wrote:

As this forum demonstrates, he's not the only person affected with a big old dose of psychological egoism.

Let's forget Hobbes himself or the rest of his philosophy. What part of the argument I just made do you have trouble with?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:I'm not sure how you stop suicidal terrorists from wanting to murder British subjects other than limiting the free speech of the hate preaching religious leaders who inspire them to do it. I'm pretty sure however that limiting their access to firearms reduces their ability and efficiency in doing so.
So, I noticed you denied the popular American notion of "an armed society is a polite society"? That's a good start, but we'll get back to that.

How do you stop suicidal terrorists? You stop them from wanting to be suicidal terrorists by not wanting them to be suicidal terrorists.

Your way of thinking laws as the "solution" to societal problems is quite frankly more absurd than even anything StA or nuke believes in. How were you raised, Monte? Solely by being beaten, whipped and tortured any time you did, said or moved a muscle in the wrong way? Or did your parents maybe, somehow, just once or twice, EXPLAIN or EDUCATE you and argue why doing your chores, eating your veggies, and doing your homework was a good thing?

IOW, which is the better way to shape a mind, Monte? Through the use of violence or through the use of words? This takes us back to "armed and polite society". Because you believe in the state applying violence to impose a more polite society. The only difference between the Americans and you, is in which parts of society gets to be armed and enforce their politeness.

Of course, the now defunct and outdated American term of "an armed society is a polite society" applied to an era when America's culture was an honor-based culture, like most of the rest of Western cultures. This culture is dead and buried and replaced with victimhood culture at all levels of American society, no matter the political or ethnic affiliation. Honor cultures sought to restore a balance of justice to the percieved aggrieved party, victimhood culture wallows in being wronged.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:35 am

Fife wrote:

Let's forget Hobbes himself or the rest of his philosophy. What part of the argument I just made do you have trouble with?
I didn't think I was disagreeing with the statement that the difference between us and chimps, sharks, &c., is reason.

Reason is the reason we don't need the a "social contract" administered by the amorphous "state."

There are more options than just (a.) Hobbes Natural War and (b.) man-made war. Humans can actually act cooperatively to create peace and material property, if just left alone by the rent-seekers.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:43 am

Fife wrote:Humans can actually act cooperatively to create peace and material property
It remains to be seen if they ever will.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen