What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

StCapps

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:14 pm

DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:I don't think your crew will take too kindly to you risking their deal with the Crown by trying to avoid inspection by one of her agents, and killing them for doing their job. I'd watch your back, if I were you, mutiny is in the air.

Nothing in the air but the sweet aroma of rum and the gleeful cries of seagulls as they scavenge a morsel of cocky Paladin from the jetsam.

Hi diddle dee dee, a pirates life for me!
Crown sanctioned pirates get the best loot, you must be a pretty shitty pirate to risk those credentials just to stick it to a cocky Paladin. Call it a crisis of leadership.
/shrugs
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:17 pm

StCapps wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:I don't think your crew will take too kindly to you risking their deal with the Crown by trying to avoid inspection by one of her agents, and killing them for doing their job. I'd watch your back, if I were you, mutiny is in the air.

Nothing in the air but the sweet aroma of rum and the gleeful cries of seagulls as they scavenge a morsel of cocky Paladin from the jetsam.

Hi diddle dee dee, a pirates life for me!
Crown sanctioned pirates get the best loot, you must be a pretty shitty pirate to risk those credentials just to stick it to a cocky Paladin. Call it a crisis of leadership.
/shrugs
Like with Stringer and the co-op. Joe and Rick weren't no ingrates, but they weren't gonna give him the hookup if it helped him and boy keeping warring over those corners.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:19 pm

Carlus is the dummy, Trek was fine, he could have talked his way out of it, but then one his crew shot his mouth off about "letter of marque", at which point he invoked the goods on the ship as property of the Crown, you don't get your prize paid out, until the Crown inspects, takes it cut, and then signs off on it.

The crown doesn't pay prizes in arms and rum, the crown pays prizes to the captain, in cash.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Sorry mate, couldn’t hear your criticisms over the sound of my gypsy lute player, the laughter of my crew, and that joyous burbling of rum being poured.

Perhaps write your complaint on a parchment and deposit it in the complaint box.

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Carlus is the dummy, Trek was fine, he could have talked his way out of it, but then one his crew shot his mouth off about "letter of marque", at which point he invoked the goods on the ship as property of the Crown, you don't get your prize paid out, until the Crown inspects, takes it cut, and then signs off on it.
Exactly, if you give the crown their cut, you get more loot than you would if you don't, if just because the Crown will owe you favors. Clearly DBTrek's band of adventurers has some weak links that don't know what they are doing, it's fucking amateur hour over on that pirate ship. They don't know how to play The Game, or even take home the most loot. Pitful pirates they, a bunch of small time losers, the Crown requires more useful allies in order to bestow special privileges.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:25 pm

StCapps wrote:
DBTrek wrote:I misplayed nothing.
Some random lout appeared, began harassing my crew, and has now attacked.

Said lout is clearly evil, and is delivered to the sharks forthwith.

Carry on, merry crew. We shall dispatch evil where we find it, and in cases like this, where it finds us.
;)
I don't think your crew will take too kindly to you risking their deal with the Crown by trying to avoid inspection by one of her agents, and killing them for doing their job, when you could have just flashed your credentials and not pissed her majesty off.

I'd watch your back, if I were you, mutiny is in the air.
You present no credentials save rash actions to attack. No one authorized you to inspect anything.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:
DBTrek wrote:I misplayed nothing.
Some random lout appeared, began harassing my crew, and has now attacked.

Said lout is clearly evil, and is delivered to the sharks forthwith.

Carry on, merry crew. We shall dispatch evil where we find it, and in cases like this, where it finds us.
;)
I don't think your crew will take too kindly to you risking their deal with the Crown by trying to avoid inspection by one of her agents, and killing them for doing their job, when you could have just flashed your credentials and not pissed her majesty off.

I'd watch your back, if I were you, mutiny is in the air.
You present no credentials save rash actions to attack. No one authorized you to inspect anything.
The Crown did, and if you have a deal with the Crown you shouldn't be fucking around like that, and if you don't have a deal with them, you are bunch of small time losers who need to step their game up. If you don't have Kings and Queens owing you favors in D&D, you are playing it wrong, noobs.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:26 pm

If you're waving a letter of marque around, that means you've come to get paid, if you're claiming the letter of marque makes you a de facto king and you can do as you please, obvious ruse is obvious, and obvious ruse while armed, after issuing threats even; casus belli.

"No agency of government are we subject to, try to stop us and we'll kill you"; piracy by default.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Carlus is the dummy, Trek was fine, he could have talked his way out of it, but then one his crew shot his mouth off about "letter of marque", at which point he invoked the goods on the ship as property of the Crown, you don't get your prize paid out, until the Crown inspects, takes it cut, and then signs off on it.
Exactly, if you give the crown their cut, you get more loot than you would if you don't, if just because the Crown will owe you favors. Clearly DBTrek's band of adventurers has some weak links that don't know what they are doing, it's fucking amateur hour over on that pirate ship. They don't know how to play The Game, or even take home the most loot. Pitful pirates they, a bunch of small time losers, the Crown requires more useful allies in order to bestow special privileges.

Yeah, that's it Spike, everyone has to respect me, but I don't have to respect anyone else. If I'm stuck and not smart enough to debate my way out, I'll just attack.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Y'all need to work on getting VIP NPC's to owe you favors, clearly this part of your D&D game is extremely lacking. Clearly you are focusing too much on the games combat mechanics if you don't realize that.
/shrugs
*yip*