Social Justice Warriors Thread

DBTrek

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 am

Martinelli said officers are trained to use "distraction strikes" in a situation where a suspect is out of control and violently resisting being taken into custody. Officers are often concerned in these situations that a suspect may try to grab hold of their service weapons, he said.

He said it was Weinman, not the police that were responsible for the situation turning violent.

"People won't deescalate. They won't calm down and they put officers in extreme risk and officers want it over quickly," he said. "There's not one thing these officers did that was excessive."

Shane said the force employed was consistent with police training and would only have been excessive had officers continuously hit Weinman beyond what was required to subdue her.

https://amp.app.com/amp/663947002
Holy shit, when cops are arresting someone they’re allowed to meet force with force. Who could’ve known? How barbaric. I’m sure the enlightened sages of the forum have a much better idea on how police can arrest people violently resisting them. I mean, look at the complainers in the thread. If anyone knows about arresting violent resisters it’s them, right? Regular experts. People we’d all turn to in situations for handling violence, right?

Pfffft.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:51 am

Down here, the police don't come to the beach unless the lifeguards call. If a lifeguard sees alcohol, they take it away and carry on. The same is true for any glass bottles as well.

No cops called. No drama. Nobody beat up. Seems a more reasonable approach to me. But, hey, if cops are going to hang out in every nook & cranny, looking to arrest their fellow citizens for the most minor of offenses, /shrug, then yes, people should comply immediately or risk being beat up.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:29 am

I never understood the appeal of drinking on the beach in the middle of the day. That has to be a horrible experience.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 am

I never understand how we can watch people violently resisting arrest get physically subdued by officers countless times - yet every new incident is met with “OMG WTF!?!?!” from people who apparently have goldfish memory.

It’s like watching people being outraged every day when they rediscover that the sky is blue.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:29 am
I never understood the appeal of drinking on the beach in the middle of the day. That has to be a horrible experience.
It’s not enjoyable, outside of a tiki hut, or fishing.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:20 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 am

Looks excessive to me but at least they didn't shoot her.
Did you see the full 9 minute video? If not, then STFU.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:37 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:20 am
Resisting arrest, spitting, assaulting didn’t happen until they decided to “drop her”.

Obstruction, and minor in possession are not normally arresting offenses, to my knowledge.

Again, shitty teenager that should have gotten a citation. Not a physical takedown. The cops didn’t like being ignored, so they decided to enforce respect. Thats not how the system is supposed to work.
The resisting came when she tried evading the cops by walking away, then flailing around trying to escape. That's when they took her to the ground. While on the ground she continued to resist and kicked at them. That is when the cop landed 2 punches on her.

Kath

Post by Kath » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:37 am

The resisting came when she tried evading the cops by walking away, then flailing around trying to escape. That's when they took her to the ground. While on the ground she continued to resist and kicked at them. That is when the cop landed 2 punches on her.
No part of that is untrue. My issue stems from the cops looking for a reason to arrest her. They should have, after she passed the breathalyzer twice, grabbed the unopened bottle of liquor and went about their day. Why are we letting the cops escalate every minor infraction? There's no doubt the cops of today are escalating minor things into major things. Like I said earlier, down here, the lifeguard would have taken the bottle away and gone about their day. No cops would be called. Nobody arrested. Nobody beat up for resisting an arrest that should have never taken place.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:50 am

The liquor the woman said belonged to her 40 y/o aunt? The aunt she couldn’t produce, and they couldn’t locate on account of her refusal to provide her name?

Yeah.

The cops were escalating it, not the shrieking, combative, under-age liar.
Lulz

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am

If people continue to view every single incident of a cop using force as a cry for Police brutality what you are going to end up with a decade from now is more brutality from Police. The good cops and good people looking to that as a possible profession are going to look at the witch hunting and decide to follow some other career path. That leaves you filling those spots with the ones who really do get off on being in power and taking out their aggression on others. Then you'll have a legit grips about a Police state because you will have run off all the decent ones.

To those whining about the Police asking for her name and chasing her down over a minor infraction. When a person refuses to give their name to a cop they have to assume it could be because they are wanted for something else. That's a big red flag to an officer, aside from the being disrespectful part. Then to begin walking away and trying getting away from them is another red flag. They have no idea who this person is. If they let her go only to later find out she has a warrant would you be happy with that?