What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Smitty-48

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:33 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I'm coming around on Lawful Good, because it's not actually goodie two shoes, goody two shoes is Neutral Good, Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.

The Avenging Paladin is basically the ultimate right wing nutjob, the Reconquista, is all to the good.
Piffle.
Neutral good is where it's at.
It's a level of enlightenment that allows one to realize that "good" may exist inside or outside of arbitrary laws.
It also frees one to act in accordance with their moral compass without too much hand wringing.

Someone crosses you the wrong way do you seek lawful redress or pound them into the ground?
That's the choice the NG people get to make, every day, every incident.
:dance:
Step aside, pilgrim, make way for the divine providence of the Lord.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:33 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I'm coming around on Lawful Good, because it's not actually goodie two shoes, goody two shoes is Neutral Good, Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.

The Avenging Paladin is basically the ultimate right wing nutjob, the Reconquista, is all to the good.
Piffle.
It's a level of enlightenment that allows one to realize that "good" may exist inside or outside of arbitrary laws.
It also frees one to act in accordance with their moral compass without too much hand wringing.

Someone crosses you the wrong way do you seek lawful redress or pound them into the ground?
Yeah but you can't fuck with the Good, where is the fun in that? Lawful aka Lawful Neutral can fuck with other Lawful folks if their sense Lawful conflicts with the characters own, with optimal moral flexibility. Coolest Paladins are Lawful aka Lawful Neutral Paladins, Lawful Good Paladins are second, Good aka Neutral Good Paladins are last.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Have you played like this GCF?

You have my attention.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
DBTrek wrote:

Piffle.

Hey, I'll gladly step aside as long as you aren't here to perpetrate evil on my ship or my crew.
It's all GOOD.

. . . or it's all shark food.

So keep it friendly.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:43 pm

DrYouth wrote:

You have my attention.
Actually, reading up on this........ you could do it right here.
https://geekdad.com/2017/02/play-by-post-gaming/

Pretty much how we interact here. Someone posts, and then reactions to that post.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:44 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Lawful binds the character to its divinity, thus, so long as God wills it, it is all to the good, and letting people slide, is not an option.
Yeah but if you want to dish out more beatdowns than Lawful is the way to go over Lawful Good, just saying.
All depends on the other characters, if everyone is putting the bread in the breadbox, no problemo, but if they're not, problemo.

A Protecting Paladin will try to save them from the consequences of their wickedness, but an Avenging Paladin, is bound to punish them for it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:45 pm

DrYouth wrote:

You have my attention.
I used to play an earlier incarnation of roll20. It looks much more advanced than what I was using in Java. There are other options as well, but that looks the cheapest/most effective one.

The hardest part is, of course, setup and scheduling. Once you have the campaign/adventure area ready, we all just meet up in a chatroom with the graphics visible to all. We all get dice-rolling buttons, and (I think) customizable character sheets, etc. All the trappings of an in-person game, without the cheeto stains.

Another alternative to typing chat would be to get everyone on a Teamspeak/Ventrilo server, and we can actually talk to each other, like a conference call. That's a pretty common way of communicating in video games.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:A Protecting Paladin will try to save them from the consequences of their wickedness, but an Avenging Paladin, is bound to punish them for it.
Not really, a Defending Paladin can punish them for their wickedness just as much as Avenging Paladin, the difference lies in combat roles, Defending Paladins are better clerics than Avenging Paladins, Avenging Paladins are better Fighters than Defending Paladins. Avenging Paladins are Defender/Striker hybrids, Defending Paladins are Defender/Leader hybrids.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Piffle.

Hey, I'll gladly step aside as long as you aren't here to perpetrate evil on my ship or my crew.
It's all GOOD.

. . . or it's all shark food.

So keep it friendly.
:twisted:
Ship, eh? If no evil you do, then you will of course submit to an inspection, what goods do you carry in your hold, and where and how did you come by them? Talk of pirates about, pilgrim, if you are, as you say, wary of such perpetrators, you will assist the lawful authorities in their duties to search them out, no?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Ship, eh? If no evil you do, then you will of course submit to an inspection, what goods do you carry in your hold, and where and how did you come by them?
Nothing to see there but weapons and rum. All legit I assure you. If my statements are not enough I can introduce you to a committee of sharks who welcome further interrogation.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"