Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Would be better if the tax avoiding scumbag paid his tax.

I don't really know about your local politics. I can't speak to that. I am talking about the stalking shit behavior by that journalist.

Imagine if instead of Lord Ashcroft, whoever the fuck that is, he was chasing around some woman who kept trying to tell him to leave her alone and changing directions to get away from him, but he just kept stalking her like that. Does that change things? Because if it does, you are letting your biases get in the way of principles.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Pretty sure everything he did was legal. After Brexit you will be free to outlaw that kind of tax evasion. A lot of successful people will emigrate if you do, but you never really needed them anyway, amaright?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Hastur wrote:
Pretty sure everything he did was legal. After Brexit you will be free to outlaw that kind of tax evasion. A lot of successful people will emigrate if you do, but you never really needed them anyway, amaright?
Yup, he's legally fiddling his taxes. That's why I avoided (scuse pun) using the word evading.
Evading is illegal avoiding is just immoral. He is a crooked swamp creature who proves the old adage that the rich don't pay taxes.
Ashcroft has been described as a "tax exile",[5] and for a number of years lived in the UK enjoying the controversial non-domiciled tax status. At the time of his ennoblement the Cabinet Office said that Ashcroft would be taking up permanent residence in the UK for tax purposes,[5] an undertaking described in the newspapers as a "pledge"[6] and a "gentleman's agreement",[5] but he did not in fact do so until a decade later,[7][8] when a change in the law would have required him to quit the Lords, had he not done so.[8]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ashcroft
Lord Ashcroft courted controversy when Chairman of the Conservative Party Eric Pickles MP declared on BBC Radio 4 that Ashcroft would be willing to appear on the station's flagship Today programme to clarify his unclear tax status. However, when invited, Lord Ashcroft quickly declined, according to John Humphrys. Ashcroft delayed comment on whether he currently pays tax on his global income in the United Kingdom, despite being a prominent and influential member of the legislature and major donor to the Conservative Party but eventually announced his non-domiciled status
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

I don't really know about your local politics. I can't speak to that. I am talking about the stalking shit behavior by that journalist.

Imagine if instead of Lord Ashcroft, whoever the fuck that is, he was chasing around some woman who kept trying to tell him to leave her alone and changing directions to get away from him, but he just kept stalking her like that. Does that change things? Because if it does, you are letting your biases get in the way of principles.
So you are opposed to investigative journalism and draining the swamp?
Funny, I thought you were for them during the presidential election.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

So you are opposed to investigative journalism and draining the swamp?
Funny, I thought you were for them during the presidential election.

Uh.. no.

I am opposed to piece of shit stalkers getting away with abusive behavior because they call themselves "journalists".

If the guy doesn't want to answer your questions, you should look for answers elsewhere. What does harassing and stalking prove?

Again: if he did that to some random woman, would your opinion of the interaction change? Because if so, you are abandoning your principles. It shouldn't matter who is the victim or what kind of tax dodging swamp creature he may be.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Some random woman I would object even though he was extremely polite and good humoured.
A tax avoiding politician of any party and any sex I would approve of journalists asking them awkward questions and disapprove of them running away rather than answering.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Yup, he's legally fiddling his taxes. That's why I avoided (scuse pun) using the word evading.
Evading is illegal avoiding is just immoral. He is a crooked swamp creature who proves the old adage that the rich don't pay taxes.
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”
― Thomas Sowell, Barbarians inside the Gates and Other Controversial Essays

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Yeah yeah, why should the rich pay their taxes like those dumb proles. It's just envy and nothing to do with social responsibility. If those poor people can't afford a top tax avoidance accountant then they just need to look at the life choices they've made.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Some random woman I would object even though he was extremely polite and good humoured.
A tax avoiding politician of any party and any sex I would approve of journalists asking them awkward questions and disapprove of them running away rather than answering.

It's the same crime, Monty. If you want to decide whether something is a crime depending upon who happens to be the perpetrator or who happens to be the victim, then you lack principles.

I'd give that guy a warning, but if he persisted to stalk me and get into my personal space, I'd have thrown him a beating. It's apparently the only way you can get through to these amoral pieces of shit in the media.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Oh I see, you oppose investigative journalism but you approve of physical violence?