What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

StCapps

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Protecting Paladin, maybe, but Avenging Paladins; are on a mission from God, there's no neutrality, they're filled with zeal to smite the wicked without mercy.
That zeal can come from the Lawful or the Good, doesn't have to be Lawful Good, not in 5th edition. So tell DrY to take his alignment restrictions from past editions and shove them up his ass, lulz.
I'm coming around on Lawful Good, because it's not actually goodie two shoes, goody two shoes is Neutral Good, Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.

The Avenging Paladin is basically the ultimate right wing nutjob, the Reconquista, is all to the good.
It's true, Good is far more goody two shoes than Lawful Good, but Lawful is the least goody two shoes of the three possible Paladin Alignments, and Lawful has more flexibility to be evil than Lawful Good.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:An Avenging Paladin can torture; Deus Vult, bring on the inquisition, eh wot?
It's gonna be a heck of a campaign I tell you!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Lawful binds the character to its divinity, thus, so long as God wills it, it is all to the good, and letting people slide, is not an option.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:24 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Piracy violates the King's Peace and is an affront to Gaia.

The king is generous and has equipped us with dragons. Prepare to die.

Bring it.

Dragon uses breath weapon. Your pirate ship is sinking in flames. Roll 10d12 in fire damage.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Superman is Lawful Good, indeed, but what happens to Batman if he tries to get in Superman's way? Green light, green light, here comes the beat down. Don't make me hurt you, Batman, step aside, otherwise I'm going to have to make you...
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I'm coming around on Lawful Good, because it's not actually goodie two shoes, goody two shoes is Neutral Good, Lawful Good can be quite evil, in a round about way, depends on your perspective, to a chaotic or neutral character, Lawful Good is a nightmare coming crashing them down upon them, once it is the Avenging Paladin who sanctions.

The Avenging Paladin is basically the ultimate right wing nutjob, the Reconquista, is all to the good.
Piffle.
Neutral good is where it's at.
It's a level of enlightenment that allows one to realize that "good" may exist inside or outside of arbitrary laws.
It also frees one to act in accordance with their moral compass without too much hand wringing.

Someone crosses you the wrong way do you seek lawful redress or pound them into the ground?
That's the choice the NG people get to make, every day, every incident.
:dance:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Now your pirate ship is underwater. Dragon is coming around for another run. The sharks are attacking.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Lawful binds the character to its divinity, thus, so long as God wills it, it is all to the good, and letting people slide, is not an option.
Yeah but if you want to dish out more beatdowns than Lawful is the way to go over Lawful Good, just saying.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:29 pm

DrYouth wrote:One of these days we may actually have to play a campaign...

Honestly it's on my bucket list.

I'll DM it, if I can get someone else to help me prepare the campaign...
It's a lot of work and it would be kind of boring to try to do alone.
I'm still a 2nd edition guy...

Now that all being said... I can't imagine doing it in the next few years.

After the kids have moved out.... maybe in about 5 years.... but you'll all still be around... haven't gone anywhere in the past 5.

For a good campaign it would probably take about a week to play.

That's a pretty mighty commitment... but think about how much fun it would be...

Can't imagine doing it online tho.... although maybe with some kind of Skype interface.
I think it would be much better in person.

https://roll20.net/

https://www.polygon.com/2015/4/23/84824 ... -and-paper
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Ol' copper pinching Dr. Y won't give Smitty a trashcan lid for armor, I doubt he gave you dragons.
Thus my crew made their save vs. Illusion and your bullshit dragon vanished.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"