What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

StCapps

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Also DB is more a Warlock than a Rogue, he's kind of like a Bard/Warlock mix.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
DrYouth wrote: Dude, I don't just cough up magic armour...

That just causes magical inflation which is bad for the economy.
Well we can't upgrade, because you refuse to run a campaign, but if we're just going to sit around until we gets to fighting out of sheer boredom, the Avenging Paladin is the heavy hitter to be sure, those marked for divine sanction, are best advised to flee.
Yeah Avenging Paladins are way more fun to play, good on 5th edition for making Paladins way cooler than ever before, they got a nice upgrade.
Y'know? Holy strike, valiant strike, radiant smite, divine sanction, divine challenge, the damage multipliers for a Paladin are the shiz, throw a +5 sword in there, and they're basically cutting people down at a single stroke.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm

StCapps wrote:Also DB is more a Warlock than a Rogue, just saying.
You need to be more worried about whether you’re reppin team Pirate or team Shark Bait, and less about my character class.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 pm

DBTrek wrote:
StCapps wrote:Also DB is more a Warlock than a Rogue, just saying.
You need to be more worried about whether you’re reppin team Pirate or team Shark Bait, and less about my character class.
I'm just reading the Matt Lauer autobiography so I can learn how to properly Pirate :D
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Well we can't upgrade, because you refuse to run a campaign, but if we're just going to sit around until we gets to fighting out of sheer boredom, the Avenging Paladin is the heavy hitter to be sure, those marked for divine sanction, are best advised to flee.
Yeah Avenging Paladins are way more fun to play, good on 5th edition for making Paladins way cooler than ever before, they got a nice upgrade.
Y'know? Holy strike, valiant strike, radiant smite, divine sanction, divine challenge, the damage multipliers for a Paladin are the shiz, throw a +5 sword in there, and they're basically cutting people down at a single stroke.
Yeah they got some striker tendencies that is for sure. I'll pin them down at melee range, then you come in from the flank and take them out or and smite their ass if they try to flee, we make a good team.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Piracy violates the King's Peace and is an affront to Gaia.

The king is generous and has equipped us with dragons. Prepare to die.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Yeah Avenging Paladins are way more fun to play, good on 5th edition for making Paladins way cooler than ever before, they got a nice upgrade.
Yeah they got some striker tendencies that is for sure. I'll pin them down at melee range, then you come in from the flank and smite their ass, we make a good team.
The Paladin makes divine challenge against the main opponent, and divine sanction against all who would stand with, and then just the baseline strikes are +8, how many health points does a lowly character have? Not that many, it's basically one shot one kill, without even bringing any other special attacks to bear.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 pm

briefly considers casting Flare, and cooking the tortoise in his shell.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 pm

C-Mag wrote: Really, you've already made him a Dragon and given him a magic stick. You may as well give him whatever he wants, he owns you.

;)
The dragon thing is his curse...

It makes a good back story.

If his charm is broken and he becomes a dragon he becomes a NPC and the rest of the adventurers must battle him...
The dragon blood and scales are worth plenty in the market place.

I mean we all sign up for this game to battle dragons anyways don't we?

I'm always thinking here.... being a DM keeps you on your toes.
Last edited by DrYouth on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Yeah they got some striker tendencies that is for sure. I'll pin them down at melee range, then you come in from the flank and smite their ass, we make a good team.
The Paladin makes divine challenge against the main opponent, and divine sanction against all who would stand with, and then just the baseline strikes are +8, how many health points does a lowly character have? Not that many, it's basically one shot one kill, without even bringing any other special attacks to bear.
Well my Dwarven Fighter is going to have a lot of hit points and be real hard to hit in melee, so I'll naturally be harded to kill than most. Warhammer, Shield and Plate, I'm the wrong Dwarf to fuck with up close, I may not hit as hard, but I can take more hits while still dishing out solid damage.
*yip*