What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Smitty-48

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: No, I've never been a nerd, nerds are socially awkward, I have far too emotional intelligence to be a nerd.

I am more what you would call a wonk.

And our military is a meritocracy, your social standing is entirely related to how well you do your job.

We didn't care if you were a nerd, so long as we could rely on you to do your job when the chips were down, you were golden.
But somehow you managed to roll 18 on intelligence and strength...

Which is awesome and enviable.

Not sure you are cut out for Paladin tho...

The gods are fickle and your shifting alignment patterns may anger them...

Also your wisdom score is in the average range... so not a lot of spell bonuses.

Mage/Warrior multiclass is tricky due to the armour restrictions... But I think you should consider it.... Element of surprise!
St. John Smythe is filled with a rage for divine sanction, I'm not a Protecting Paladin, I'm an Avenging Paladin, eh wot?

I've been reading up on it, intimidation is one of the four main attributes of a Paladin.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:15 pm

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:St. John Smythe is filled with a rage for divine sanction, I'm not a Protecting Paladin, I'm an Avenging Paladin, eh wot?

I've been reading up on it, intimidation is one of the four main attributes of a Paladin.
Up to you bro...

You got that armour on?

Those crusty sea ruffians ain't gonna whoop their own ass!

Just don't fall in the drink with your plate mail.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:St. John Smythe is filled with a rage for divine sanction, I'm not a Protecting Paladin, I'm an Avenging Paladin, eh wot?

Up to you bro...

You got that armour on?

Those crusty sea ruffians ain't gonna whoop their own ass!

I don't wear plate dismounted, if I'm going to plate, I'm going to need a horse, while dismounted, I'll wear a lighter armour, unless you're going to cough up some magic armour that is.

According to the wiki, my Holy Avenger sword protects me from magic spells in a radius around me, and as it is a great sword, closing with would be at your own peril, when you factor in +5 in addition to all my all special attacks as a Paladin.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:24 pm

DrYouth wrote: Those crusty sea ruffians ain't gonna whoop their own ass!

Speaker to Animals wrote:You're lawful good. Now help me destroy these degenerate pirates.
Sea ruffians?
Nah.
We’re sending the uppity drow ranger back underground to his Momma Cult in the belly of a shark.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't wear plate dismounted, if I'm going to plate, I'm going to need a horse, while dismounted, I'll wear a lighter armour, unless you're going to cough up some magic armour that is.
Dude, I don't just cough up magic armour...

That just causes magical inflation which is bad for the economy.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 pm

DBTrek wrote:Sea ruffians?
Nah.
We’re sending the uppity drow ranger back underground to his Momma Cult in the belly of a shark.
:twisted:
Wot?

There goes DB fomenting civil war again!

How's Lord Hash ever going to discipline this rowdy crew of adventurers?

Costs him a fortune cleaning up the debris off the beaches of his estate after this kinda thing...

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:33 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I don't wear plate dismounted, if I'm going to plate, I'm going to need a horse, while dismounted, I'll wear a lighter armour, unless you're going to cough up some magic armour that is.

Well we can't upgrade, because you refuse to run a campaign, but if we're just going to sit around until we gets to fighting out of sheer boredom, the Avenging Paladin is the heavy hitter to be sure, those marked for divine sanction, are best advised to flee.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 pm

DrYouth wrote:

Really, you've already made him a Dragon and given him a magic stick. You may as well give him whatever he wants, he owns you.

;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

Well we can't upgrade, because you refuse to run a campaign, but if we're just going to sit around until we gets to fighting out of sheer boredom, the Avenging Paladin is the heavy hitter to be sure, those marked for divine sanction, are best advised to flee.
Yeah Avenging Paladins are way more fun to play, good on 5th edition for making Paladins way cooler than ever before, they got a nice upgrade.
*yip*