What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Montegriffo

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 am

DrYouth wrote:I'm down with that...

Spell count at max.

Mace of Confusion Recharged!!

Someone haul Monte's ass out of the tavern...

And break Smitty out of cells.
One more hand, I've got a shrink from the frozen north and a small holder from Ohio throwing their chips at me....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 am

Montegriffo wrote:One more hand, I've got a shrink from the frozen north and a small holder from Ohio throwing their chips at me....
You've been milking that game like Luke Skywalker.

Walk away Monte.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:10 am

Sabers, sails, and shots for all.

These amateur marauders shall rue the day they took aim at this pirate ship. I’ve enough Greek fire below deck to light them up like a Charlottesville tiki torch parade.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Well, they have this thing now called "the internet", so what you do is, you buy a computer, and then when you get it home, you download this thing called a "browser", and there's this little box up at the top, and what you do there is, for whatever you want to know, you just type the thing you want to know about into that box, and then it looks it up for you.

It's like an encyclopedia, except bigger.
I don't use that. It sounds like a shitty encyclopedia britanica. Waste of electricity in all likelihood.

Do you have any religious beliefs? What belief system comes closest to mirroring what you view as reality? Christianity? Buddhim? Taoism? Scientology? Islam?
Religion and reality are not the same thing, clearly reality is governed by mathematics, but in terms of faith, I worship the Hockey Gods.

Jesus Christ is probably a Hockey God, Buddha I'm not so sure, Mohammed probably not, L. Ron Hubbard definitely not.

Could be wrong, the Hockey Gods are mysterious, well, except for Hubbard, I'm sure on that one, he was just a grifter.
Sounds to me like your view of the primacy of numbers and mathematics in nature makes you a Pythagoran Smitty. That's where I draw the line. I can deal with Muslims, Sciti's, Jews, and Buddhists. But the disciples of Pythagoras are quite insufferable and heretical. There are numerous examples of triangles whose hypotenuse squared does not equal the sum of the other squared sides. You guys like to pretend that interior angles must equal 180 degrees, and frankly, I'm just tired of hearing that shit. A triangle does not occur naturally in nature, and its utility to civilization is quite questionable. If you want to talk about other polygons, we can. I like hexagons, and pentagons, but triangles are fucking stupid. 3 sides? That is nothing. I have seen stop signs with more angles. Get back to me when you get to rhombuses and quadrilaterals.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:13 am

DrYouth wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:One more hand, I've got a shrink from the frozen north and a small holder from Ohio throwing their chips at me....
You've been milking that game like Luke Skywalker.

Walk away Monte.
Ok, I've got enough gold to equip a small army and won a +5 goading stick with my card skills. Where are we meeting up ? I've hired a small body guard to protect my gold from that bandit Smitty and am ready to move. Who is the target?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:19 am

Damn it, Smitty's out of cells now...

But he's all tangled up in his Paladin Armour...

It's his first time trying to put it on.

Anyone have the Jaws of Life?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:53 am

DrYouth wrote:Look at Smitty...

The Ultimate Jock-Nerd.

Talk about multiclass....

Who knew he was a level 30 wizard the whole time.

Dressed up as Veteran Warrior.... never going to see that fireball coming.

Do you talk your nerd talk in the mess hall? I can see those military jock jaws dropping all around.

Physical and Intellectual Superiority must be a heavy burden.

I suggest we place Smitty centre rear. He can fill the weak spots on the line if the front ranks crumble.

And can launch spell attacks while the lines hold. Blow their fucking minds!!
No, I've never been a nerd, nerds are socially awkward, I have far too emotional intelligence to be a nerd.

I am more what you would call a wonk.

And our military is a meritocracy, your social standing is entirely related to how well you do your job.

We didn't care if you were a nerd, so long as we could rely on you to do your job when the chips were down, you were golden.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

The Ultimate Jock-Nerd.

Do you talk your nerd talk in the mess hall? I can see those military jock jaws dropping all around.

I suggest we place Smitty centre rear. He can fill the weak spots on the line if the front ranks crumble.

No, I've never been a nerd, nerds are socially awkward, I have far too emotional intelligence to be a nerd.

And our military is a meritocracy, your social standing is entirely related to how well you do your job.

We didn't care if you were a nerd, so long as we could rely on you to do your job when the chips were down, you were golden.
Anger.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

The Ultimate Jock-Nerd.

No, I've never been a nerd, nerds are socially awkward, I have far too much emotional intelligence to be a nerd.

Anger.
Well that's an asset in the military, aggression is prized above all.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Smitty-48 wrote: No, I've never been a nerd, nerds are socially awkward, I have far too emotional intelligence to be a nerd.

But somehow you managed to roll 18 on intelligence and strength...

Which is awesome and enviable.

Not sure you are cut out for Paladin tho...

The gods are fickle and your shifting alignment patterns may anger them...

Also your wisdom score is in the average range... so not a lot of spell bonuses.

Mage/Warrior multiclass is tricky due to the armour restrictions... But I think you should consider it.... Element of surprise!