Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Zlaxer

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Too late, I've already got it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:13 pm

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:26 pm

Montegriffo wrote:I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Have I Got News for You: it was funny when Ross Noble said it. :roll:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Have I Got News for You: it was funny when Ross Noble said it. :roll:
Missed it this week. Was it good?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 pm

What kind of fucktard uploaded that video with that title

The song title is Folsom Prison Blues, and misnaming a Johnny Cash song is considered treason in the United States and punishable by death. The character and story in Cocaine Blues is more hardcore anyway.

All four Highwaymen are American treasures
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Yeah, you'd have to go for a drive for uploading that here.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 pm

California wrote:
What kind of fucktard uploaded that video with that title

The song title is Folsom Prison Blues, and misnaming a Johnny Cash song is considered treason in the United States and punishable by death. The character and story in Cocaine Blues is more hardcore anyway.

All four Highwaymen are American treasures
Have to agree with this.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 am

ssu wrote:Btw the US Army participated again just couple of days ago in excersizes here in Finland.

Somewhat telling that it didn't break the news barrier here anymore. Even in the armed forces videos the interviewed foreign soldiers were Norwegian, of whom there were far fewer than the US troops. Seems that it has become an annual excersize for the US Army.

Hard to actually spot the American Stryker vehicles and US soldiers shooting the Javelin ATGM.

And now, some positive feedback from Europe about the Trump administration:
(Trump's) newfound warmth toward NATO has spread to the Baltics.

“We’ve had more meetings with top Trump officials than we had with Obama officials in eight years,” one Baltic diplomat said, to the ready agreement of others in attendance. "Continued American assistance and NATO security cooperation in Estonia is critically import to deter Russian aggression," said Homeland Security Chairman Mike McCaul, who visited the Baltics as part of a congressional delegation last week.Baltic officials take comfort in the national security team of National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

"They're good guys - better than the Obama team, actually,” one of the officials said, warming to the new team because of their accessibility.
Of course, then there is Trump himself and his tweets...and his previous stances. But people have simple gotten used to this. Notice how the administration reacts to this.
“The only problem is they have limitations," in that they enact policy, but don't make it. "That depends on Donald Trump and whoever he last met with," one of the officials said with a laugh, repeating a phrase oft used in Washington.

The officials said Trump officials are trying to reassure us of the strength of the alliance, whatever is coming out of the White House, one of the diplomats said. “The administration officials tell us, don't worry, and the lawmakers say, we know you're worried, and we're worried too, but we're on your side,” the official said.

There’s a wariness about what Trump might say when he attends the upcoming NATO summit, or what he might tweet, and a near-universal derision among diplomats here toward Trump’s perceived lack of consistency, loyalty to a given viewpoint or self-control. That was best summed up in one senior diplomat’s description of Trump’s upcoming visit, saying “at least he’ll have adult supervision.”The officials spoke on condition of anonymity in order to speak frankly about the still-evolving White House policy toward NATO, Russia and the Baltic nations.

Others are ready to ignore the Trumpian drama, and give his policymakers a chance.

“We don't ignore the tweets, but we can't act on tweets. We act on real life and there is real commitment from the U.S.,” a senior Baltic defense official told The Daily Beast. “Relations with the U.S. are brilliant!”Lithuanian defense minister Raimundas Karoblis told The Daily Beast in an interview that there was fear among his public that a Trump administration might “betray” Lithuania and the other Baltic nations to Russia, which has tried to push the idea that they are indefensible.

But after meetings with Mattis and others, “we don’t have a moment of doubt,” Karoblis said.
See Russia's NATO Neighbors: We're OK With Trump, Actually

Worth remembering when the Trump hating media will portray the Trump-NATO relationship as very strained.

+1
Thanks for that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Elaborate. I don't see the connection between this and abortion (which I'm fully pro-choice on). Just claiming a moral high-ground here, because feels?

We shouldn't be putting people in cages for life, except for capital crimes. Once they're there, I don't see any reason to prolong the torture (and huge expense) for the rest of their lives. Just end it already.
Hey, I thought this was the Mooslum bashing thread.
ps sorry Grumps but there is no justification for state sponsored murder.
I honestly don't see the difference between that and locking someone away for life. Their lives are effectively over either way - one just involves 20 years of trauma.
All I am saying is that you don't really know whether the life of someone in prison--even for a life sentence--is "effectively over," yet you are almost nonchalant in your attitude it's okay to put such people to death. Your readiness to use state power to impose the most severe sanction on another human being based your circumscribed imagination of what life in prison must be like is, frankly, terrifying.

A prominent jurist once said, "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right; the spirit of liberty is the spirit which seeks to understand the minds of other men and women." You're a young guy, so you probably don't spend much time contemplating your own death. But it may be at some point, you will have an experience that places you in mortal fear of dying. I hope that if you do have such an experience, you might discover something about yourself, viz., how much you actually cherish your life and don't want to see it end prematurely. I further hope that if you come to that realization, you might be able to appreciate the extent to which other men and women cherish their own lives.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:25 am

If you think about it from the perspective of an atheist, it makes sense. The only value they find in life is hedonism and self-gratification. Take those things away and they won't see the point of living.