Europe, Boring Until it's Not

StCapps

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:THATS HALF A VOTE FOR LABOUR AND A FULL VOTE FOR UNICORN M8
No it is a vote against both Tory and Labour and a vote for hope.
The Yanks think there are only two choices, and that if you don't vote for one guy, you automatically support the other. That duopoly of theirs is rotting their brains.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:45 am

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:THATS HALF A VOTE FOR LABOUR AND A FULL VOTE FOR UNICORN M8
No it is a vote against both Tory and Labour and a vote for hope.
The Yanks think there are only two choices, and that if you don't vote for one guy, you automatically support the other. That duopoly of theirs is rotting their brains.
Yes, my vote is a protest vote against the duopoly and a vote in favour of the Green party's policies on the environment.
If the Lib Dem leader wasn't such a God botherer I might have voted for him. Either way my vote was meaningless as the whole of East Anglia is a Tory stronghold with only one Lib Dem getting voted in up in North Norfolk and one Labour MP down in Essex. Tories won everything else.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:47 am

DUDE WEED LMAO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:10 am

TheReal_ND wrote:DUDE WEED LMAO
More second referendum on Brexit, but yes, keeping money out of the hands of organised crime and terrorists is a valid reason to vote Lib Dem IMO.
When I started smoking hash back in the early 80's it mostly came from Lebanon and was helping to fund the civil war there. Later on I smoked Moroccan hash which was bought by the IRA from Libya which they turned into cash and then returned to Gadaffi to buy explosives and weapons with the profits.
As your failed prohibition policy showed, the people who profit most from making drugs illegal are not the good guys.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:11 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well, I see it as an act of mercy. Life in a cage is no life at all. I'd prefer the death sentence to fighting for survival every day until death.
Perfectly illustrates the fascistic tendencies of the so-called modern liberal. "I can't imagine how I could spend the rest of my life living in prison, ergo the death penalty for all life sentences." It's this sort of thinking that underlies much of the abortion debate. Fuck that noise.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:13 am

Human life is pretty damn cheap for hard core statists.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:17 am

Implying libertarians haven't purposefully made it cheap and useless
https://openborders.info/libertarian/

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:42 am

Czechs say, Ne,
V pekle není žádný způsob

Join Poland, Slovakia and Hungary in refusing EU mandated immigrants
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:48 am

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:50 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Implying libertarians haven't purposefully made it cheap and useless
https://openborders.info/libertarian/
Who believes that crap? Sounds like LP shit.

Here's an actual liberty red pill: http://libertyhangout.org/2016/12/open- ... communist/

Likewise, when there are open borders, taxpayers are made to subsidize public infrastructure which immigrants and citizens alike will then travel through. The same tragedy of the commons situation present in our education system will arise with open borders as well. Open borders will then have the same effect on our economy as the public school system. The country will become oversaturated with unskilled laborers who would have otherwise never made their way here under free market circumstances, in the same way that students who would have otherwise failed in private schools are allowed to receive a degree anyway, which lowers the utility for everyone else.

On top of the problems which arise from the tragedy of the commons, having open borders presents us with an even greater dilemma when you realize that people coming into this country can vote. The people coming here aren’t exactly libertarians, and they’re not coming here because America is ripe with job opportunities. The country is already suffering from an ailing economy, and millions are either unemployed or underemployed. What is instead attracting these migrants is America’s burgeoning welfare state, and though the market indicators are telling them not to come, the welfare is telling them to come anyway.

So what we are left with as a result of open borders are a tragedy of the commons, millions of new Democratic voters who will vote to increase taxes and take away the rest of our rights, and an even larger welfare state than before. There is nothing libertarian about this.

Also, check out some Mises. Here's a decent Tom Woods episode from last week: Ep. 924 Mises on Nationalism, the Right of Self-Determination, and the Problem of Immigration http://tomwoods.com/ep-924-mises-on-nat ... migration/

Close down all the borders; close down all the wars.