What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Smitty-48

Re: What if the forum was a D&D campaign?

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:00 am

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

lol I know you are trolling, but I'm talking about using what we know about the ratios of Carbon Hydrogen Nitrogen and Oxygen in living animals and creating a living thing by combining these elements. We don't know how to do that, so what are we missing? So far, we have only managed to make life out of existing life, as you say, but not just from scratch. I wonder what important piece or step eludes us.
Well, if you use molybdenum, or tungsten oxide, you can probably cluster those metallic elements together and eventually, given some time, they'll probably figure out how to incite structures like membranes and enzymes, and then it will be like artificial RNA.

Cellular replication is probably not that far off, although more likely to be quite metallic at first, more like self replicating nanites.
I am quite jealous of your ability to just casually talk about shit as diverse as physics, bio, econ, and history. That guy speaker is the same way. He knows a lot about physics and humanities stuff. Where did you learn about this stuff? Are you self-taught?
Well, they have this thing now called "the internet", so what you do is, you buy a computer, and then when you get it home, you download this thing called a "browser", and there's this little box up at the top, and what you do there is, for whatever you want to know, you just type the thing you want to know about into that box, and then it looks it up for you.

It's like an encyclopedia, except bigger.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:05 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Well, if you use molybdenum, or tungsten oxide, you can probably cluster those metallic elements together and eventually, given some time, they'll probably figure out how to incite structures like membranes and enzymes, and then it will be like artificial RNA.

Cellular replication is probably not that far off, although more likely to be quite metallic at first, more like self replicating nanites.
I am quite jealous of your ability to just casually talk about shit as diverse as physics, bio, econ, and history. That guy speaker is the same way. He knows a lot about physics and humanities stuff. Where did you learn about this stuff? Are you self-taught?
Well, they have this thing now called "the internet", so what you do is, you buy a computer, and then when you get it home, you download this thing called a "browser", and there's this little box up at the top, and what you do there is, for whatever you want to know, you just type the thing you want to know about into that box, and then it looks it up for you.

I don't use that. It sounds like a shitty encyclopedia britanica. Waste of electricity in all likelihood.

Do you have any religious beliefs? What belief system comes closest to mirroring what you view as reality? Christianity? Buddhim? Taoism? Scientology? Islam?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:12 am

heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

I don't use that. It sounds like a shitty encyclopedia britanica. Waste of electricity in all likelihood.

Do you have any religious beliefs? What belief system comes closest to mirroring what you view as reality? Christianity? Buddhim? Taoism? Scientology? Islam?
Religion and reality are not the same thing, clearly reality is governed by mathematics, but in terms of faith, I worship the Hockey Gods.

Jesus Christ is probably a Hockey God, Buddha I'm not so sure, Mohammed probably not, L. Ron Hubbard definitely not.

Could be wrong, the Hockey Gods are mysterious, well, except for Hubbard, I'm sure on that one, he was just a grifter.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:45 am

Look at Smitty...

The Ultimate Jock-Nerd.

Talk about multiclass....

Who knew he was a level 30 wizard the whole time.

Dressed up as Veteran Warrior.... never going to see that fireball coming.

Do you talk your nerd talk in the mess hall? I can see those military jock jaws dropping all around.

Physical and Intellectual Superiority must be a heavy burden.

I suggest we place Smitty centre rear. He can fill the weak spots on the line if the front ranks crumble.

And can launch spell attacks while the lines hold. Blow their fucking minds!!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:12 am

Fuck happened to this thread? :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:15 am

Someone fed heydaralon which, of course, triggered a trying-too-hard-to-be-funny avalanche that buried the thread in a landslide of meh.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 am

The nightshift...

Got into the potion cupboard...

Got to get a better lock.

HeyDay obviously has thief abilities.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:24 am

By the way, it seems some band of fanatical ruffians have profiled my sailing vessel and decided that the piratey appearance of my ship makes it fair game for an assault. This is a clear violation of the NAP as well as an unambiguous act of evil. Therefore I’m calling on all good aligned characters (and neutrals who like rum) to join me in beating down these vagabonds, stripping them of their breeches, and paddling their asses red before we chuck them into the shark infested sea.

Appetizers will be served at 4PM.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am

I'm down with that...

Spell count at max.

Mace of Confusion Recharged!!

Someone haul Monte's ass out of the tavern...

And break Smitty out of cells.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am

DBTrek wrote:By the way, it seems some band of fanatical ruffians have profiled my sailing vessel and decided that the piratey appearance of my ship makes it fair game for an assault. This is a clear violation of the NAP as well as an unambiguous act of evil. Therefore I’m calling on all good aligned characters (and neutrals who like rum) to join me in beating down these vagabonds, stripping them of their breeches, and paddling their asses red before we chuck them into the shark infested sea.

Appetizers will be served at 4PM.
I like rum.
Account abandoned.