Europe, Boring Until it's Not

C-Mag

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:01 am

BjornP wrote:
A Pole telling Poles that Russia's not the real threat and that trade unions should be destroyed? :lol:

No wonder his party can barely scrape together enough votes to get into the EU parliament, and absolutely no votes in the Polish national parliament. Telling the Poles that "Hey, Russia's totally Poland's best friend", when centuries worth of Polish-Russian relations have been one of Russia conquering parts of the entirety of Poland, and it was a trade union (Solidarity and Lech Walesa) that led the fight against Soviet domination and for eventual independence from the USSR...?

Totally winning platform, that. :roll:
I see it a little different.

Lech Walesa and Janusz were going against the grain, arguing against the control of the Eastern Bloc and the Politburo rule over Poland. This guy was an integral part of Solidarność. He was born in German occupied Warsaw, spent his whole life fighting Commies and Tyranny. He is still fighting the same fight, this time against the EU.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:02 am

BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Ok, come back to reality please... the jews don't stone people because they are civilized... want to call it what they are, those Muslims that follow the extreme version are monsters, end of story. The problem is that separating the two are nearly impossible because they refuser to be.

As for the rest of your BS post, I don't have time to deal with it...
Nor do Turks. Or Albanians. Or European Muslims, in general.

And both the Koran and the Old Testament demands the excat same sort of punishments for the same sort of "crimes" against God. Thinking that all Muslims must, or do, slavishly obey their religious book is as inane as expecting Jews to do the same. Jews learned that they couldn't keep stoning people to death for things like apostasy, after they lost their homes to first the Romans, then Arabs, and then had to live as exiled in the lands of Christians and Muslims. A British or Danish Muslim that kills one of their former flock for converting away from Islam, is going to prison for murder. Not excatly a sign of sharia law having "won" or "taken over".
Again, one group is civilized, the other isn't... welcome to reality.
#NotOneRedCent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 am

C-Mag wrote:
BjornP wrote:
A Pole telling Poles that Russia's not the real threat and that trade unions should be destroyed? :lol:

No wonder his party can barely scrape together enough votes to get into the EU parliament, and absolutely no votes in the Polish national parliament. Telling the Poles that "Hey, Russia's totally Poland's best friend", when centuries worth of Polish-Russian relations have been one of Russia conquering parts of the entirety of Poland, and it was a trade union (Solidarity and Lech Walesa) that led the fight against Soviet domination and for eventual independence from the USSR...?

Lech Walesa and Janusz were going against the grain, arguing against the control of the Eastern Bloc and the Politburo rule over Poland. This guy was an integral part of Solidarność. He was born in German occupied Warsaw, spent his whole life fighting Commies and Tyranny. He is still fighting the same fight, this time against the EU.
You see it however wrong way you like, Carlus. ;) I'm simply telling you that there's a good reason he doesn't have any popular support among the Polish voting public. Google him, and his party. Or even his old party. When a politician says absolutely nothing at all that resonates with voters, nothing at all that they agree with, you end with parties like his.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:32 am

The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Ok, come back to reality please... the jews don't stone people because they are civilized... want to call it what they are, those Muslims that follow the extreme version are monsters, end of story. The problem is that separating the two are nearly impossible because they refuser to be.

As for the rest of your BS post, I don't have time to deal with it...

And both the Koran and the Old Testament demands the excat same sort of punishments for the same sort of "crimes" against God. Thinking that all Muslims must, or do, slavishly obey their religious book is as inane as expecting Jews to do the same. Jews learned that they couldn't keep stoning people to death for things like apostasy, after they lost their homes to first the Romans, then Arabs, and then had to live as exiled in the lands of Christians and Muslims. A British or Danish Muslim that kills one of their former flock for converting away from Islam, is going to prison for murder. Not excatly a sign of sharia law having "won" or "taken over".
Throwing in the towel, already?

Look at what you wrote in bold earlier. If Sadiq Khan is not one of the Muslims that follow the extreme version of Islam, is he still an uncivilized monster? If, like the Jews who accepted to be Westernized, Sadiq Khan has allowed himself to be properly Westernized, as well... is he still the same sort of threat in terms of getting all the UK's Muslims to "take over" Britain?

Not that I attribute much of a moral quality to civilization. The killing of undesirables during the Nazi genocides was highly civilized. So was the battle of Verdun. And proper etiquette when attending the royal house, is also very civilized. In terms of function, though, oh dear... Civilization's totally the best thing to come out of the ME since agriculture. :D

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:50 am

BjornP wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
BjornP wrote:

You see it however wrong way you like, Carlus. ;) I'm simply telling you that there's a good reason he doesn't have any popular support among the Polish voting public. Google him, and his party. Or even his old party. When a politician says absolutely nothing at all that resonates with voters, nothing at all that they agree with, you end with parties like his.

Popularity ≠ Correct

We were told BREXIT wasn't popular, until it was election day.
Last edited by C-Mag on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:08 am

CURRENT YEAR, Carlus. The arc of history points towards marxist utopia. Just die in the gulag already.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am

BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:

Throwing in the towel, already?

Look at what you wrote in bold earlier. If Sadiq Khan is not one of the Muslims that follow the extreme version of Islam, is he still an uncivilized monster? If, like the Jews who accepted to be Westernized, Sadiq Khan has allowed himself to be properly Westernized, as well... is he still the same sort of threat in terms of getting all the UK's Muslims to "take over" Britain?

Not that I attribute much of a moral quality to civilization. The killing of undesirables during the Nazi genocides was highly civilized. So was the battle of Verdun. And proper etiquette when attending the royal house, is also very civilized. In terms of function, though, oh dear... Civilization's totally the best thing to come out of the ME since agriculture. :D
Not throwing in anything, I have a multi-million dollar network that deserves more of my time than you have received as of late, especially since you are duplicating a stone wall mentality.

The killing of "undesirables" was anything but civilized... saying that it was civilized was saying that the death camps were civilized, because they weren't...

Anyone that says that "live with it" as an answer to terrorism being part of a large city life is no better than the people who do the act themselves. Having that mentality is like saying the KKK mobs should be tolerated during their peak power. Anyone who tolerates that bullshit should be dragged out into the street and shot by those they accept as "normal"... because actions of both groups are not normal in civilized society.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:22 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:CURRENT YEAR, Carlus. The arc of history points towards marxist utopia. Just die in the gulag already.
Doc, I'm trying to get into the Marxist Utopia but the location keeps shifting. Every time I get ready to immigrate the place collapses and I get told, 'This is not the Marxist Utopia you were looking for"....................... try that one over there, this one didn't really do it right.

Heck, I was all rip roarin ready to head to Venezuela a few years ago.
PLATA O PLOMO

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:28 am

C-Mag wrote:

Popularity ≠ Correct

We were told BREXIT wasn't popular, until it was on election day.
Oh, ffs Carlus.... comparing the fringest of the fringe, a politician whose points do not resonate with anyone, to the public and vocal support for Brexit is completely idiotic.

http://thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/297799,P ... hip-survey

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukrai ... 4I20150320

As for the point about popularity.. You realize your logic applies the other way around, as well?

Unpopularity ≠ Correct. ;)

Or perhaps you believe that since Hillary wasn't popular.... she must really have been the right choice? Or Gary Johnson, perhaps? Or the Greens? Or the American Communist Party? :lol:

And thinking that any EU critical politician in Europe must neccesarily have lots of value to say is also not equal to being correct. Euroskepticism comes in many, many different guises.

Poles have a healthy and naturally strong dislike and distrust earned through experience when it comes to Russia, and Solidarity has a lot of respect for its anti-Soviet campaigning in the past, and its place as a union today. Trying to argue that those are not "correct", is stupid. YOU, as a right-wing American may like this guy's politics. But guess, what Poles aren't Americans. They don't want to be Americans and they don't relate to what Americans relate to. What's culturally the right choice for an American is not going to be considered the culturally right choice for a Pole by most Poles.

To you , and alot of other US posters here, Russia as a real threat is treated as a joke. Understandable givien your location, perhaps. As something singularly related to wether or not someone supports Hillary Clinton or not. As if the rest of the world cared about that. As if Russia as a military threat was anachronistic to all countries. Yet, Russia has expanded its territory, or "reclaimed" as they call it, old Soviet territory, twice during the last decade. Eastern Poland was entirely Russian in zarist times, and a Russian sattellite in Soviet times. If the Poles, if the majority of Polish people flock to join militias because Russia has started invading its neighbouring countries to "retake" territory.... then that goes beyond "politically correctness" or "popularity". That's simply the ordinary Polish people knowing they should be prepared.

Having some fringe extreminist claim that "Russia's really a friend" to Poland, and expecting him to be correct, is like expecting an American member of the Communist party to be correct when he claims ISIS is really a friend to the US or Hamas really a friend to Israel. Under certain circumstances, those groups could be friends, if you and Israel wanted to, but you know.... in American poltics who would take a politician from the US Communist Party seriously?

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am

The Conservative wrote: Anyone that says that "live with it" as an answer to terrorism being part of a large city life is no better than the people who do the act themselves. Having that mentality is like saying the KKK mobs should be tolerated during their peak power. Anyone who tolerates that bullshit should be dragged out into the street and shot by those they accept as "normal"... because actions of both groups are not normal in civilized society.
Except that that's not what the mayor of London had been saying, as per Monte's earlier quote.

Not that I'd consider it controversial if he did. I live with the threat of a possible terrorist attack every day. Not a fucking big deal. So did my mother back in the 60's and 70's when Marxist wannabe revolutionaries aligned with RFE wanted to blow up the "capitalist oppressors". Living with a threat means preparing for it, being vigilant about it. Living with the threat of earthquakes and hurricanes does not mean people in those areas don't proof their homes, don't insure their homes against those risks, don't adapt and don't prepare. Don't mean they resign themselves to just standing in their homes when the hurricane crashes into their homes or that they stay inside when the concrete walls start to crack around them... That may be your definition of "living with" something.