Europe, Boring Until it's Not

StCapps

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:00 am

Problem with term limits is, if you are actually good at your job, you can't keep it, once your term limit is up. It helps clear out the bad apples quicker sure, but the same is true of the good apples, double edged sword.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:03 am

C-Mag wrote:Term Limits are a part of my Radical Solution.
1. Term Limits
2. Senators and Congressmen are appointed in a Jury type Selection process. The pool will of applicable candidates will be current and former elected State Officials. Judges, Governors, State Legislators, State Attorneys, Dog Catcher. If you were elected by the State you are in the pool
3. You serve 1-2 Terms and that's it. You're done for life.
I would rather have it where you, as a US citizen are given Jury Duty... unless you fall under specific criteria (been arrested, didn't get a GED, can't speak/read/write English, etc) you are given a term as X... up to two max... First time the person is put in, the 2nd time they are voted in for a 2nd term. It either be a yes or no... If no another person is picked through the lottery system.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:03 am

StCapps wrote:Problem with term limits is, if you are actually good at your job, you can't keep it, once your term limit is up. It helps clear out the bad apples quicker sure, but the same is true of the good apples, double edged sword.
Every person is good at first, but corruption comes to all that hold power for too long.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:05 am

The Conservative wrote:Every person is good at first, but corruption comes to all that hold power for too long.
Not all incumbents suck, just most of them. With term limits, you throw out the Ron Paul's along with the Paul Ryan's.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 am

StCapps wrote:
The Conservative wrote:Every person is good at first, but corruption comes to all that hold power for too long.
Not all incumbents suck, just most of them. With term limits, you throw out the Ron Paul's along with the Paul Ryan's.
So be it, I say. If he's that good, he can run for higher office.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:12 am

The Conservative wrote:
1. Term Limits
2. Senators and Congressmen are appointed in a Jury type Selection process. The pool will of applicable candidates will be current and former elected State Officials. Judges, Governors, State Legislators, State Attorneys, Dog Catcher. If you were elected by the State you are in the pool
I would rather have it where you, as a US citizen are given Jury Duty... unless you fall under specific criteria (been arrested, didn't get a GED, can't speak/read/write English, etc) you are given a term as X... up to two max... First time the person is put in, the 2nd time they are voted in for a 2nd term. It either be a yes or no... If no another person is picked through the lottery system.
I'm good with average Citizens too. Good enough to convict someone to die, good enough to serve a term in the Legislative Branch.

One of the main problems I see with our system is Professional Politicians. IMO, we should not have Political Science degrees. Look at Chelsea Clinton or this George Bush III they are trying to get into politics and make our future leader. No Fricking Thanks
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:12 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:So be it, I say. If he's that good, he can run for higher office.
Where they will also have only two terms in office. You Yanks basically rule out a truly great leader from being POTUS of your country for an extended period of time by resorting to term limits, if a such a dude ever showed up.

Now some of you want to make sure no truly great congressmen or senators come along who can hold onto power for an extended period of time as well. Always paranoid about tyrants, that's America for you.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:07 pm

StCapps wrote:
And? We'd also throw out people like Pelosi, and any other gray haired person that is out of touch of the normal person. The point of being in congress isn't to get rich, but to work for the people since you were elected BY the people... not for yourself by lying to the people whom you are telling you can't get anything done because of someone else.

That didn't work growing up, that shouldn't work here.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:08 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
1. Term Limits
I'm good with average Citizens too. Good enough to convict someone to die, good enough to serve a term in the Legislative Branch.

One of the main problems I see with our system is Professional Politicians. IMO, we should not have Political Science degrees. Look at Chelsea Clinton or this George Bush III they are trying to get into politics and make our future leader. No Fricking Thanks
Can't disagree there at all. We should have civil servants, not politicians.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:09 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:So be it, I say. If he's that good, he can run for higher office.
Where they will also have only two terms in office. You Yanks basically rule out a truly great leader from being POTUS of your country for an extended period of time by resorting to term limits, if a such a dude ever showed up.

Now some of you want to make sure no truly great congressmen or senators come along who can hold onto power for an extended period of time as well. Always paranoid about tyrants, that's America for you.
Yes, and we're getting them anyway, due to a lack of term limits. That, and a complete lack of oversight by our press. :(
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0