Let's Riff on the next Tech/Social Revolution

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Let's Riff on the next Tech/Social Revolution

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:32 am

DBTrek wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:God Almighty rather notoriously chooses unlikely prophets, you you can just take all that snark, sit on it and spin.

The end is sort of nigh.
If enough crackpots predict the end times consistently throughout the entirety of human history, then eventually the last ones will be right.
When the sun supernovas.

If StA and Dr. Y are your mouthpieces for God Almighty, I'll not naysay your faith in their infallible wisdom.
I'll simply let that faith speak for itself.
;)
You know when those Conquistador ships crested the horizon for the first time some high priest loaded with human hearts had the worlds greatest 'told ya' so.'
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 am

. . . and yet . . . even the descendants of those long vanquished Aztec people managed to struggle on into the modern world without permanent, all-inclusive, government handouts.

Except in Venezuela.
Which is burning to the ground.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:47 am

Yes, taking the very very long view... things were basically fine since they weren't entirely eradicated from the human genome. Plus, we got a pretty sick Neil Young song out of it, so on balance...

As long as the government doesn't support lazy losers.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:54 am

Is there a more lazy-loser position than "Life is hard, the state should give me shelter, food, water, and modern convenience for all of my days"?

Because if there is a lazier, more loserish position than that I've yet to stumble across it.
But hey, I'm open to learning new things.
Forum challenge - come up with a lazier, more loserish position than the one HM is defending.
Go!
:dance:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:57 am

DBTrek wrote: Forum challenge - come up with a lazier, more loserish position than the one HM is defending.
Go!
:dance:
"Just elect the shitlord, cause things will change"
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 am

You'll have to search far and wide to find a lazier loser than I... but lazy losers is people too ain't they?
HAIL!

-Hwen

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 am

DBTrek wrote:Is there a more lazy-loser position than "Life is hard, the state should give me shelter, food, water, and modern convenience for all of my days"?
If you want a vision of DBTrek's nightmare vision of humanity's future, imagine a British-accented French man ordering the most boring cup of tea from an infinite supply Replicator, forever. :lol:
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 am

KerningChameleon wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Is there a more lazy-loser position than "Life is hard, the state should give me shelter, food, water, and modern convenience for all of my days"?
If you want a vision of DBTrek's nightmare vision of humanity's future, imagine a British-accented French man ordering the most boring cup of tea from an infinite supply Replicator, forever. :lol:
I fucking HATE Earl Grey.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:22 am

Here's one for Dr. Hash to use out on the campaign trail, a slogan I'd use myself if I ever gave up on life and decided to become a politician.

"The social safety net was never intended to be a hammock."

Social safety net is fine - necessary even. But the thing about a safety net is once it catches you, you're supposed to get your ass off that thing and climb back on your horse, or tightrope, or whatever you were on before you fell off. Folks don't want a safety net anymore. They want a damn social safety hammock they can recline in comfortably for the rest of their lives. That's an undue burden to place upon your fellow citizens.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:23 am

KerningChameleon wrote:
Holodeck.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0