Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Sat May 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:What's happening today in Chelsey?

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23JusticeForChelsey

The cops just arrested Tommy Robinson for even talking about it online.

Can you imagine the discussion between the European governments and companies like Google about their not being able to control speech?
Wrong as usual.
A message posted on Mr Robinson's Twitter account claimed he had been arrested “on charges relating to attempted journalism”.

A spokesman for Kent Police told The Independent an arrest had been made.

He said: “As you know, we are unable to confirm or deny whether or not a named individual has been arrested for a particular offence. However, I am aware of the video that is currently online so am therefore able to provide you with the following.

“On the morning of Wednesday 10 May 2017 officers attended an address in Luton, Bedfordshire, and arrested a 34-year-old man for contempt of court.

“The arrest is in relation to an incident at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 8 May 2017.”
In Britain, any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the Contempt of Court Act.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 33156.html
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 2:11 pm

LOL

They selectively enforce a shit law that says you can't take a photo of a courthouse. I am sure that has nothing at all to do with him exposing them for letting rapists off the hook.

What a shit show your country has become. Seriously, Monty. You didn't rescue your nation's reputation with that at all.

If only they were as keen to arrest rapists as they are of criminal building photographers..

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat May 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's understandable if people like Monty have no idea what happened with government censorship rampant in that country..
No censorship of this case, it has been widely reported in the press.

Apparently that's what happens when you allow the left to take over your country.
When did the left take over my country? Since 1979 there have only been 10 years of Labour government.
79-90 Tories led by Thatcher
90-97 Tories led by Sir John Major.
97-2007 Labour led by Blair and Brown
07-11 Tories led by Cameron
11-15 Tory/Liberal coalition led by Cameron
15-16 Tories led by Cameron
16-present day Tories led by May

So 28 out of the last 38 years led by Tory PM
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat May 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Is it surprising they're arresting people for taking photos? I mean the whole goddamn country is under video surveillance.

No one in Europe understands what true freedom is.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:LOL

They selectively enforce a shit law that says you can't take a photo of a courthouse. I am sure that has nothing at all to do with him exposing them for letting rapists off the hook.

What a shit show your country has become. Seriously, Monty. You didn't rescue your nation's reputation with that at all.

If only they were as keen to arrest rapists as they are of criminal building photographers..
No one is being ''let off'' So far there is not enough evidence to convict any of the suspects. The law about filming in courts is not selectively enforced, it is widely respected and prosecuted when broken. You may call it a shit law but it is intended to stop trial by media as occurs in your country leading to people like OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson walking free.
What we have here is far right groups causing civil unrest and calling for vigilante justice in a shameless attempt to exploit an alleged case of rape to further their racist agenda. Where are the EDL demonstrations when someone has been raped by a white man?
Right wing thugs viciously beat up an innocent Bangladeshi man and intimidated members of the Bangladeshi community despite no one from that community being suspected of involvement with this crime.
Makes a nonsense of your claims that only the Left are involved in violent demonstrations.
Far-right supporters organised a protest six days in the city after the alleged attack which turned violent.

Those on the march, including members of the Sunderland Defence League, met outside The Ivy Leaf Club at 11am on September 10.

They smashed windows at the terraced house where the woman says she was attacked.

Police rushed to control the demonstrations which was attended by dozens protesters.

Two Asian men, unconnected with the alleged rape, were injured and five men, all from Sunderland, were arrested for offences including affray.

Philip Hacker, 38, was charged with affray and possessing a controlled drug; Gary Hutchinson was charged with affray; Sean Ruffell, 25, was charged with affray and possessing an offensive weapon; Darren Kerr, 25, was charged with affray and Kevin Sayers, 30, was charged with disorderly conduct.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-out.html

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat May 13, 2017 2:41 pm

California wrote:Is it surprising they're arresting people for taking photos? I mean the whole goddamn country is under video surveillance.

Nope.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Not a fucking clue.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat May 13, 2017 2:51 pm

California wrote:Is it surprising they're arresting people for taking photos? I mean the whole goddamn country is under video surveillance.

Taking photos in a court precinct and publishing them in an attempt to subvert the course of justice. A clear case of contempt of court.
No stranger to the law either, in addition to serving time for mortgage fraud he previously amassed several offences whilst leader of the EDL.
On 24 August 2010, Robinson was involved in a fight between supporters of Luton Town and Newport County in Luton, on the evening that the two clubs played at Kenilworth Road. Robinson reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting a 100-man brawl, during which he chanted "EDL till I die". Eleven months later, in July 2011, he was convicted of having used "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" on the night of the incident. He was given a 12-month community rehabilitation order and a three-year ban from attending football matches. He was also sentenced to 150 hours' unpaid work, and ordered to pay £650 in costs.[27]

Robinson was arrested after an EDL demonstration in Tower Hamlets on 3 September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, as he had been banned from attending that demonstration. After his arrest, Robinson began a hunger strike in custody in Bedford Prison, saying that he was a "political prisoner of the state",[28] and refused to eat what he believed was halal meat.[29] A local paper reported that Bedford Prison sources had said that the hunger strike lasted only 24 hours.[30] A handful of EDL supporters protested outside the prison in support of Robinson during his incarceration; the support peaked at a turnout of 100 protesters on 10 September.[31][32][33] Robinson was released from prison on 12 September.[34]

On 29 September 2011, he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year.[35] He was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 12 months.[36] Robinson said that the assault had happened because of a confrontation with a neo-Nazi who had joined the EDL's rank and file.[37][38][39] Interviewed on BBC Three Counties Radio on 9 October 2013, the day after he had resigned from the EDL, Robinson said: "One of the things people condemn me for is having a criminal record; what they don't wish to say is that part of that criminal record is for confronting neo-Nazis in Blackburn at one of my demonstrations, where I was taken before the courts and charged for assault...during the last four years we've had in-house battles, physical battles to keep these elements out. Now I’ve got to the point—listeners can look on Youtube for 'RVF EDL', they'll see there's these Nazis and they're talking to me telling me they're going to kill me—and there are fifty of them with balaclavas on."[39]

On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest on the rooftop of the FIFA headquarters in Zürich against FIFA's ruling that the England national football team could not wear a Remembrance poppy symbol on their shirts. For this he was fined £3,000 and jailed for three days.[40]

In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the U.S. illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport—"possession of a false identity document with improper intention"—to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January to 10 months imprisonment.[41][42] He was sentenced under the name of Stephen Lennon, but the judge added that he suspected it was not his true name, in the sense that it was not the name on his own passport (not the borrowed one), Paul Harris. Robinson was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.[43] On being released, Robinson told the BBC that he was dismayed to discover that the EDL's ranks had been swollen with racist and neo-Nazi supporters: "I've battled for four years to keep certain elements out of this movement, to keep it down the path that we want to take it down. And I've seen that they've been welcomed back, they're the Nazis and the fascists—they were welcomed back."[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 pm

You need to go rescue her and start making German babies in Montana.