THE ERA OF TRUMP

Fife

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:11 pm
Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Let's boil it down. Tariffs are direct taxes on Americans. Taxing things like steel and aluminum drive production of any product using steel and aluminum overseas.

If Harley wants to stay in business in the US, they will have to use plastic rather than metal to keep the doors open.

Do you want to know how to win a trade war, and in scorched Earth fashion? Drop every tariff down to zero, and as soon as possible.

Every tariff around the globe only hurts the subjects of the state impososing the tariff. And it's been the way since the big bang. You might rewrite logic, good luck with that.

Tarrifs on actual foreign products, perhaps. An indirect on foreign products.

But that is not what is happening.

If an auto company moves a factory from Michigan to Indiana, and then sells the cars it makes in Indiana in Michigan, is that trade? No. It is not.

If they move the factory instead to Mexico, it does not constitute "trade" either except for our selling national debt in exchange for American jobs.

Libertarianism is weak sauce. Weak as fuck. Seriously, dude. Did you ever actually try to approach this garbage critically?
Who's the Libertarian around here?

I'm sorry for you, bro. I mean that.

My H-D client would whip your ass, given the chance. This stuff is pretty personal to him.

As to me, I'm lucky to be more insulated.

You're fucking your neighbors like there's no tomorrow. At least you don't have much reach.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Penner wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm
Arc Light wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am
Harley-Davidson is now on Donnie's shit list.

Why?
Cute.

Both Penny and StA think Harley-Davidson is a public utility.

We're making progress here, fam.
What's the end-game of your free economy? Right now all I see is massive wealth concentration - sure the average prole has more than a prole 50 years ago - but the opportunity to rise up is vanishing....so is it cool for you if we have 0.001% who live likes gods while the rest mere mortals? Think the 0.001%'s interests will align with the proles? What happens when the 0.001% decides that proles are economically useless?
Last edited by Zlaxer on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm
Penner wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:03 pm
Arc Light wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am
Harley-Davidson is now on Donnie's shit list.

Why?
Cute.

Both Penny and StA think Harley-Davidson is a public utility.

We're making progress here, fam.
Don't Kathy Newman me, faggot. Respond to what I posted.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm
Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Let's boil it down. Tariffs are direct taxes on Americans. Taxing things like steel and aluminum drive production of any product using steel and aluminum overseas.

If Harley wants to stay in business in the US, they will have to use plastic rather than metal to keep the doors open.

Do you want to know how to win a trade war, and in scorched Earth fashion? Drop every tariff down to zero, and as soon as possible.

Every tariff around the globe only hurts the subjects of the state impososing the tariff. And it's been the way since the big bang. You might rewrite logic, good luck with that.

If an auto company moves a factory from Michigan to Indiana, and then sells the cars it makes in Indiana in Michigan, is that trade? No. It is not.

If they move the factory instead to Mexico, it does not constitute "trade" either except for our selling national debt in exchange for American jobs.

Libertarianism is weak sauce. Weak as fuck. Seriously, dude. Did you ever actually try to approach this garbage critically?

My H-D client would whip your ass, given the chance. This stuff is pretty personal to him.

You're fucking your neighbors like there's no tomorrow. At least you don't have much reach.

So you have no rational response to what I just posted. Noted.

It's obviously not "foreign trade" when an American company uses Mexican peasants to manufacture goods they plan to reimport into the United States.

Mexican beer is foreign trade.

Cheaper American motorcycles: lol, no. Get real.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Come on Fife - where do you think your laissez-faire approach leads in the age of automation?

And yes - automation is the boogie man IMHO - but it's real, and it's going to happen.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:53 pm

In another twenty years all the boomers that ride HD will be dead and nobody will care about that irrelevant and dying company anymore.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:58 pm

Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm
Fife wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

So you have no rational response to what I just posted. Noted.

It's obviously not "foreign trade" when an American company uses Mexican peasants to manufacture goods they plan to reimport into the United States.

Mexican beer is foreign trade.

Cheaper American motorcycles: lol, no. Get real.
I guess you must be right. When my H-D client is on the run from the law, where should he be heading for soup from GM?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Who says GM's handing out soup?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:01 pm

On the run from the law?

You have to know you lost the debate when you go full-Kathy Newman.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:02 pm

He can run to Mexico and get a job making American bikes with chink steel. Oh wait.... no he can't