Civil War Doomsday Clock

Speaker to Animals

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 am
It's usually used as a scape-goating tactic. Most people with mental illness are not dangerous at all.

That said, I do think we need to bring back institutions, but we all know a lot of the democrat's base belongs there; drug abusers, deranged feminists, etc. Then the republicans would rather leave them on the streets or fending for themselves than pay for institutions.

Nobody really wants to discuss the problem itself. They only want to weaponize it to their own political ends.

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am
wtf is this?
At Least 11 Dead, 3 Cops Wounded, After Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue; Gunman Shouted "All Jews Must Die"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... -synagogue
According to police, the suspect's name is Robert Bower. He is 46 years old. He reportedly shouted "all Jews must die" at police after being subdued. The suspect was officially in cuffs as of 11:13 am ET.
Clearly a Mossad false flag attack aimed at discrediting the Alt right. ;)

Q.E.D.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 am
Talking about mental health issues is part of looking for the root causes of these sort of attacks. I'd say that was a valid employment of journalists. Political campaigning has always been a part of news media as well.

I don't like a devisive media any more than I like a divisive leader and neither of them has any real credibility left.

We need a return to the centre and away from the extremes in both the media and politics.
The difference is it's not certain mental health issues are the root causes. It's a common flaw in modern journalism, derived from political partisanship. They come to a conclusion before digging into the root causes.

This is in fact how an article gets written. The journalists will have instructions of what the narrative should be, so the conclusion is always done before actually doing any journalistic work.

Real journalism is asking "what happened?". But this type of journalism is asking "how can we make this not happening again". Intentions are good, but it's a cancer to the entire field.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am
wtf is this?
At Least 11 Dead, 3 Cops Wounded, After Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue; Gunman Shouted "All Jews Must Die"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... -synagogue
According to police, the suspect's name is Robert Bower. He is 46 years old. He reportedly shouted "all Jews must die" at police after being subdued. The suspect was officially in cuffs as of 11:13 am ET.
Clearly a Mossad false flag attack aimed at discrediting the Alt right. ;)
damn well it sure worked

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:53 am
i think i speak for all white guys when i say, i'm glad it wasn't a white guy
robert bower?? god damnit, c'mon white guys now isn't the time, can't we go two days without being in the media crosshairs

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 am
I think people still operate from the misconception that news is more than propaganda. Given how powerful propaganda is, why would you expect it’s potential not be exploited? Who watches the Watchmen?
The Deplorables.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 am

Otern wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:52 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 am
Talking about mental health issues is part of looking for the root causes of these sort of attacks. I'd say that was a valid employment of journalists. Political campaigning has always been a part of news media as well.

I don't like a devisive media any more than I like a divisive leader and neither of them has any real credibility left.

We need a return to the centre and away from the extremes in both the media and politics.
The difference is it's not certain mental health issues are the root causes. It's a common flaw in modern journalism, derived from political partisanship. They come to a conclusion before digging into the root causes.

This is in fact how an article gets written. The journalists will have instructions of what the narrative should be, so the conclusion is always done before actually doing any journalistic work.

Real journalism is asking "what happened?". But this type of journalism is asking "how can we make this not happening again". Intentions are good, but it's a cancer to the entire field.
Well I guess it's possible that Cesar is completely sane and sending bombs through the mail is a perfectly rational way to respond to divisive rhetoric but I doubt that is the way this will proceed.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:19 am

Irrational != insanity

I mean.. if it did, then THANK GOD since we can institutionalize most of the leftists out there so they stop voting.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:22 am

The mental illness issue is used as a scape-goating weapon to shield a particular political faction's ideology from criticism and/or to take away the rights of their political opponents. I just showed you how easy it is to turn that bullshit into a weapon. It can go either way.

For instance, leftists can say this Synagogue shooter is mentally ill and we really need to ensure guns never get in the hands of the mentally ill. But how do you do that? About two-thirds of the population has mental illness of some kind in their lives. Oh.. Good plan. Take away the human rights of two-thirds of the population, which is only one third of the population short of the goal.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:26 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 am

Well I guess it's possible that Cesar is completely sane and sending bombs through the mail is a perfectly rational way to respond to divisive rhetoric but I doubt that is the way this will proceed.
You missed my point.

He's not sane, obviously. Mental health care should be improved, obviously.

But that's not the job of journalists. They're supposed to find the objective facts of a story, and relay them to the public in an understandable manner.

I get why they don't do this though. The 24 hour news cycle means it's more important for them to be first with a story, not be factual with a story. People want to know the news first, but what's lost in this rash process is they won't actually be informed.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:29 am

Otern wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:26 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 am

You missed my point.

He's not sane, obviously. Mental health care should be improved, obviously.

But that's not the job of journalists. They're supposed to find the objective facts of a story, and relay them to the public in an understandable manner.

I get why they don't do this though. The 24 hour news cycle means it's more important for them to be first with a story, not be factual with a story. People want to know the news first, but what's lost in this rash process is they won't actually be informed.
They've crossed over from informing to entertaining in a battle for ratings.
Pointing out the short comings of the health care system is well within the remit of true journalism.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.