Civil War Doomsday Clock

Otern

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by Otern » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:09 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:50 am
Of course it's both of them, the song parody was meant to convey that.

I first heard about the ricin attacks on BBC radio.
I think this is a bigger story because the suspect is such a Trump nut. I'm not saying I support blaming Trump directly because at the end of the day a nut is a nut who ever inspired them.
The media and politicians from both sides are all causing the division and these attacks are the result of that.
If I controlled the media I'd be talking about the really poor mental health services and being grateful that he was caught before anyone got hurt.
But it was a bigger story way before we even had a suspect. And so far at least, it looks like the ricin had more potential for harm, as it was actually ricin. These pipe bombs have so far not been proven to be functional. They may have been an attempt to make a functional bomb, but not evidence suggests they would've worked. But let's assume they did in fact work, for argument's sake.

And the second part strikes me a bit odd. The media is not supposed to be an activist group. Talking about mental health services and so on is great and all. But it's not journalism. It's political campaigning. For a good cause, sure, but it's still political campaigning on events, which is not really the media's job.

These two stories should be equally covered. Because they are extremely similar. Yet they weren't. They barely mentioned the first one, and people have already forgotten about it. Less than a month later. While the pipe bombs, we'll hear about at least through november.

Don't you see the problem with this? This is why people lose trust in the media, when they start having an agenda. Two similar events, yet the general public's perception will be how Trump supporters are the only ones doing it, since the coverage is so extremely one sided. This just drives people further apart, because it's not about objective facts anymore, but about "winning". They're destroying their own credibility by using the very same tactics they're accusing Trump of using.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 am

in the media's defense, the mail bombs are a much more appealing story. it's more visual, people can understand the danger from a bomb better than they can understand the danger of poison. both will kill you, but one is a little more exciting

that being said, they should be calling for less violence for everyone instead of heavily reporting violence from only one side

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 am

I think people still operate from the misconception that news is more than propaganda. Given how powerful propaganda is, why would you expect it’s potential not be exploited? Who watches the Watchmen?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:35 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:26 am
in the media's defense, the mail bombs are a much more appealing story. it's more visual, people can understand the danger from a bomb better than they can understand the danger of poison. both will kill you, but one is a little more exciting

that being said, they should be calling for less violence for everyone instead of heavily reporting violence from only one side
But they didn't treat the anthrax attempts that way after 9/11. I guess it was more of a panicy time. But how underreported this whole ricin deal is, scares me.

Especially how it wasn't even mentioned in Norway, while anything that can be construed as "trumpish violence" is constantly being covered. Guess the BBC actually is better than the Norwegian equivalent, since Monte actually knew about it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:37 am

The news is totally fake and propaganda.

Liberals are hypocritical as a rule as well. Ricin letters are no big deal. Trump and his supporters, however, are responsible for some loon sending bomb hoaxes.

Whatever. I think many of us are beyond trying to reason with liberals. The NPC meme was more than a funny observation about liberals. It constitutes a turning point where most people who still possess some intellectual agency gave up trying to reason with these bots.

The NPC phenomenon and the lugenpresse are related. The media's role is to subvert human beings into losing their agency. That's what it is. That's all it does.

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:32 am
I think people still operate from the misconception that news is more than propaganda. Given how powerful propaganda is, why would you expect it’s potential not be exploited? Who watches the Watchmen?
Guess that's true. But when are average people going to realize it? And it's not just the left, there's right wingers following alternative media with just the same lack of critical thinking.

I don't think the right wing media pose as much of a threat though, as it's got a way smaller following, and it's generally not trusted by people in the center or outside of the political spectrum. They're more of an antidote with awful side effects. Necessary, but not good.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am

wtf is this?
At Least 11 Dead, 3 Cops Wounded, After Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue; Gunman Shouted "All Jews Must Die"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... -synagogue
According to police, the suspect's name is Robert Bower. He is 46 years old. He reportedly shouted "all Jews must die" at police after being subdued. The suspect was officially in cuffs as of 11:13 am ET.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 am

Talking about mental health issues is part of looking for the root causes of these sort of attacks. I'd say that was a valid employment of journalists. Political campaigning has always been a part of news media as well.

I don't like a devisive media any more than I like a divisive leader and neither of them has any real credibility left.

We need a return to the centre and away from the extremes in both the media and politics.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 am

It's usually used as a scape-goating tactic. Most people with mental illness are not dangerous at all.

That said, I do think we need to bring back institutions, but we all know a lot of the democrat's base belongs there; drug abusers, deranged feminists, etc. Then the republicans would rather leave them on the streets or fending for themselves than pay for institutions.

Nobody really wants to discuss the problem itself. They only want to weaponize it to their own political ends.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:49 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:41 am
wtf is this?
At Least 11 Dead, 3 Cops Wounded, After Shooting At Pittsburgh Synagogue; Gunman Shouted "All Jews Must Die"
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... -synagogue
According to police, the suspect's name is Robert Bower. He is 46 years old. He reportedly shouted "all Jews must die" at police after being subdued. The suspect was officially in cuffs as of 11:13 am ET.
Clearly a Mossad false flag attack aimed at discrediting the Alt right. ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.