Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

TheReal_ND

Re: Russia! Russia!! Russia!!!

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Tru

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:17 pm

So long as the Hegemon is seen to be invincible in its Fortress CONUS, there would be a flight to the quality of that fortress, to bail King Dollah out, in order to put King Dollah in play, Fortress CONUS would have to be in play.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I don't see Trump getting impeached, but even if impeached, I don't see it being a full trial in the senate removed from office Mike Pence taking over kind of thing, at worst it would be a slap on the wrist censure Bill Clinton-esque scenario, and the backlash against the GOP from their own base would be ferocious, because the GOP impeaching Trump would be the ultimate cucking out, and Trump could actually end up becoming even popular in the wake of that, literally into the Right Wing Nutjob folk hero zone at that point.

It's an Obi-Wan effect, the more the Penners of the world attack Trump, the more the people who hate the Penner's of the world rally around him.

It's not 1974, I find the idea that the GOP would, as they did then, cave into the Democrats and impeach their own President for a trial in the senate, in this contemptorary environment, to be liberal wishful thinking, in this cotemporary environment, Nixon wouldn't even be impeached.

Furthermore, I don't buy that they have a smoking gun on Trump, and I don't buy that there is one out there, that strikes me as liberal wishful thinking as well, so there's nothing to impeach him over, even if the GOP was willing to take the hit, which again, I don't buy that the GOP, no matter internecine, is willing to take the hit on that, particularly from their own base.

Seems to me, Trump Derangement Syndrome is a dead end, it will go on and on, without actually getting anywhere, the Democrats will run some sort of weak assed ticket against him next time, Liz Mondale-Cory Dukakis 2020, and then Trump will win again, then the GOP will get another SCOTUS pick, and then the liberals will really be crying in their beer, Trump will ride off into the sunset in 2024, having fucked the liberals and their agenda for generations to come.

In any of these sorts of scenarios postulated, you have to factor in what a smug, patronizing, self deluded, self reinforcing, partisan media fueled bubble that liberals are living in right now, seemingly oblivious to the glaring structural weaknesses of their coalition, and how in fact they are the one's who will be propping Trump up, with their smug, patronizing, self deluding, self reinforcing Trump Derangement Syndrome, which merely exacerbates the Trump backlash against them and their agenda even more.
Look personally, I don't think that the GOP will ever impeach Trump and/or even admit that he did wrong. Like I said above, Trump is the GOP's gravy train to the White House BUT one way to continue with that gravy train is to get rid of him and replace him with someone like Pence. Then again, I have said this, again and again, impeachment won't happen- at least not for Trump.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Pence cant straddle the center the way Trump can, Trump has a lot of Blue voters in his coalition who will show up for Trump, but not for Pence, Trump is not really GOP, that's how he is able to pull from the Democrats, if they went back to full on GOP, then they'd be collapsing back down on their Red districts, it's not as strong a coalition without Trump as it is with Trump, even if Trump is controversial, and it's not as if Pence wouldn't be controversial, as soon as Pence was in, liberals would shift from calling Trump literally Hitler to calling Pence literally Hitler, the liberal media would go just as apeshit over Pence as they would over Trump, there's no sense in the GOP doing anything to try to mollify liberals and their media hacks, might as well just stick with Trump and keep the Blue Collars on side.

I wouldn't underestimate how popular Trump is, where he needs to be popular, nationwide popularity is irrelevant, is Trump popular at Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco? Probably not, be he doesn't need to be popular there, the whole country is not in play, there's only a few districts which matter here, and in those districts, Trump is hella popular, and when it comes to the election, that's all that matters.

The Blue Cities can go so Blue that they turn black, that doesn't flip the White House back to the Democrats, and all this Trump Derangement Syndrome caterwauling ain't gonna get it done neither, because in the districts which count, that is just making people rally around Trump all the more and dig their heels in as they do.

If the Democrats make 2020 all about Trump Derangement Syndrome and #The Resistance, without adressing the failings of their deep but very narrow Coasts and Cities coalition, while running a couple of fapping Lefty panty waists, Liz Dukakis and Cory Mondale 2020, which all signs point to them doing right now, then they are going to get rolled again, Hulk Hogan's gonna stomp them in the suburbs, the exurbs, and the rural all over, Red RINO coalition for the win.

Attention; urbane, hipster faggot, panty waist, eco-bolshevik, gun grabbing, tax increasing, regulation expanding OWSSJWBLM's; America; is just not that into you, maybe San Francisco is, but San Francisco, is not America, Democrats better recognize, but until they do, they're gonna keep getting rolled by the trailer park, until one of Kennedy and/or Ginsberg retires, at which point, you will have really fucked yourselves then, and for generations to come. Not that I care, just FYI.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:19 pm

In any of these sorts of scenarios postulated, you have to factor in what a smug, patronizing, self deluded, self reinforcing, partisan media fueled bubble that liberals are living in right now, seemingly oblivious to the glaring structural weaknesses of their coalition, and how in fact they are the one's who will be propping Trump up, with their smug, patronizing, self deluding, self reinforcing Trump Derangement Syndrome, which merely exacerbates the Trump backlash against them and their agenda even more
If I could make this more concise it would be my sig.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 pm

I don't see why anyone in the Trump camp would ever "admit they did wrong" to the likes of Penner & Co, why would anybody who voted for Trump ever give Penner & Co the satisfaction?

Answer; they wouldn't, they will dig in behind their ramparts and double down in the face of smug self satisfied Penner & Co, to the last, there will be no capitulation, under any circumstaces...

...so then it comes down to Penner & Co having to win by battle of total anihilation in the districts, and I just don't see the Democrats having the horses to do it.

They got a weak hand, they got a weak bench, and they will be storming ramparts dug in deep, advantage to the incumbent defender, if they take the same Coasts and Cities coalition back on to the same field, against the same enemy, over the same issues, with the same agenda, they're gonna get rolled again the same way.

See, I think the liberal's undoing, is going to be that they have convinced themselves that the last election was just a fluke, an aberration, a one off, it was all about Hillary v. the novelty of Trump, and it had nothing to do with the rejection of liberal ideology and associated agenda in the disctricts which were in play, and if they just got a do over, then next time those districts would drink the same old same old Blue Kool Aid, but I think they're going to be in for a rude awakening, when they get rejected again, Trump in of himself, merely a messenger, a message which the liberals have still not taken.

That being said, if they ran a Wunderkandidat, who could be all things to all people, Red enough for the Red, while staying Blue enough for the Blue, with celebrity starpower which dwarfed that of Trump, that would probably work, but again, I don't see that horse on their bench, and I seriously doubt they will go off the board to find one neither, if such a mythical Demohorse even exists in America today.

I can see Blue Collar flipping to the Red, that has been going on steadily for a couple generations now, but I don't see much Red left, that would ever flip to the Blue, under any circumstances, no matter who they run.

Red Men; Gun Rights, Red Women; School Choice, just on that alone, the Red is not giving an inch, gonna have to go down into the districts and wipe them out in a stand up fight, while you're already bleeding a lot of Blue as you go, just not seeing it happening, in that quick of a turn around.

This would all be a hell of a lot easier for the Democrats, if they just pitched the gun grabbers and the teachers unions under the bus, but I don't see that marriage breaking up any time soon.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:30 am

TheReal_ND wrote: This is why they dropped it
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... with-trump
Yeah right, nuke. Again with the "It-was-Seth-Rice-Russia-didn't-do-anything" line or something... :clap:

She's a goddam lawyer... that worked on the case mentioned earlier.
Ms. Veselnitskaya did receive a waiver from the Justice Department in October 2015 to enter the United States to defend a Russian client involved in a criminal case in New York. Immigration lawyers said the waiver, known as a “significant public benefit parole,” is standard practice in such cases.
But do assume that she was "double-agent" implanted there to be honey-trap let into the country to do her thing against Trump. Which... apparently Obama/Clinton team then for some reason didn't use??? Or did they say "Let's wait for Don Jr to tell himself about this in the summer of '17"?

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 am

Smitty-48 wrote: If the Democrats make 2020 all about Trump Derangement Syndrome and #The Resistance, without adressing the failings of their deep but very narrow Coasts and Cities coalition, while running a couple of fapping Lefty panty waists, Liz Dukakis and Cory Mondale 2020, which all signs point to them doing right now, then they are going to get rolled again, Hulk Hogan's gonna stomp them in the suburbs, the exurbs, and the rural all over, Red RINO coalition for the win.
A thing like the Russia-scandal doesn't effect elections so much as you and others have noted. Especially when it has been going on for a while next year. Just as with the Clinton scandals or the Clinton impeachment, people are simply going to be tired about it.

The only thing that matters is how the economy is performing and what's the economic outlook. An issue that has, well, not much to do with the President and the party in power, actually. But that decides a lot in US elections.

Only if Trump is so hilariously incompetent that he does something or has done something incredibly stupid, that could have an effect. Which is with Trump totally possible, btw.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am

clubgop wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
clubgop wrote:

This is why they will continue to lose. The lack of self awareness is colossal. Look at this board, Okee used to be a centrist, DeO still is but is down right intolerant of lefty BS anymore, StA in another life was a severe leftist but they are the problem they all caught this disease which makes them immune to reason. You ever have any self doubt any self reflection that just once you are in the wrong and losing is your fault?

I mean DT hard right? He won PA, WI, and MI, states that have not gone rightward in decades but have now gone hard right because you say so? Two ships were tied together, the ties break and the ships begin to move apart. You scream at the other ship where are they going? Why have they drifted so far? Does it ever once enter you brain that they are not the ones moving? That it could be you? Maybe the problem is you? Nope? Booker/ Warren 2020 I guess. :roll:
That's some mighty projection you have there. Before Trump were you pro family values? Now you have a married man as the leader of your party who brags about sleeping married women, who says he is going to kill families as part of the war on terror, who wants to strip 2nd amendment rights without due process, who bombs Syria as an interventialist and is ok with gay marriage. And you say it is my ship that moved!

Or are you saying these were always Republican positions? Which, I mean, please do say these were always Republican positions. That would be hilarious.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You arguing with yourself? I mean in one statement DT was hard right personified but in another you list all the ways he isn't hard right.

Or are you saying someone moving more to the center and left is still hard right but the left hasn't moved? That would be hilarious. Your move bitch. For once in your miserable life take some responsibility.
Banning all Muslims from entering the country and building a border wall are rather hard right positions.

No reason people leave this forum left and right, civil conversation can't be had. First I've murdered millions of people, now I'm a miserable non-responsibility taking bitch? No manners. I'm done, you're not worth my time.
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm

jediuser598 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
jediuser598 wrote:
That's some mighty projection you have there. Before Trump were you pro family values? Now you have a married man as the leader of your party who brags about sleeping married women, who says he is going to kill families as part of the war on terror, who wants to strip 2nd amendment rights without due process, who bombs Syria as an interventialist and is ok with gay marriage. And you say it is my ship that moved!

Or are you saying these were always Republican positions? Which, I mean, please do say these were always Republican positions. That would be hilarious.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You arguing with yourself? I mean in one statement DT was hard right personified but in another you list all the ways he isn't hard right.

Or are you saying someone moving more to the center and left is still hard right but the left hasn't moved? That would be hilarious. Your move bitch. For once in your miserable life take some responsibility.
Banning all Muslims from entering the country and building a border wall are rather hard right positions.

Just because you call it a hard right position done't mean that it is. But that wasn't your argument, you are all over the map. The game is capture the flag not, capture the fag.
No reason people leave this forum left and right, civil conversation can't be had. First I've murdered millions of people, now I'm a miserable non-responsibility taking bitch? No manners. I'm done, you're not worth my time.
http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=368084
How Losing My Political Values Helped Me Gain My Freedom [Warden]
Act like a dishonest hack, get treated like it.