Re: Preparing for Uncertainty and Self Reliance

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:44 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:36 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:35 pm
Haumana wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:44 am

Luckily I had access to a hose to wash it off immediately. So I don't think that there was any real spoilage. But having pig turds rolling out of the nicked colon was a serious party foul. HAHA Motherfuck me.... Pretty gross.
I mean…. I’m picturing it as someone rolling pig bile over my raw pork chops…. I’m gonna need more than a spray down before I cook it
HAHA! I get it. It was just big round turds that spilled out. They were already near the exit ready to come out. I got nowhere near the machinations of the 2nd or 3rd in line of turd formation.

This pig is nowhere near to cooking yet. I have much work left to do. If all else fails, which it has, it becomes organic free range dog food. Who isn't winning?
No argument here homie. I need to learn how to butcher, just want to be careful.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:05 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:44 pm
Haumana wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:35 pm

I mean…. I’m picturing it as someone rolling pig bile over my raw pork chops…. I’m gonna need more than a spray down before I cook it
HAHA! I get it. It was just big round turds that spilled out. They were already near the exit ready to come out. I got nowhere near the machinations of the 2nd or 3rd in line of turd formation.

This pig is nowhere near to cooking yet. I have much work left to do. If all else fails, which it has, it becomes organic free range dog food. Who isn't winning?
No argument here homie. I need to learn how to butcher, just want to be careful.
Cutting the asshole loose, and maintaining the structural integrity of the innards, is the trickiest part. After that it is all downhill skiing. 5 gallon bucket under the corpse, scoop and let gravity take over. A quick slice to the esophagus and the whole pile tumbles out.

I was a bit reckless, I guess. :lol: Lots of water that I hope helped.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:07 pm

Haumana wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:05 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Cutting the asshole loose, and maintaining the structural integrity of the innards, is the trickiest part. After that it is all downhill skiing. 5 gallon bucket under the corpse, scoop and let gravity take over. A quick slice to the esophagus and the whole pile tumbles out.

The slaughterhouses use a bleach spray I think, or some kind of disinfectant. That might help.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:40 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:07 pm
Haumana wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The slaughterhouses use a bleach spray I think, or some kind of disinfectant. That might help.
Ok. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep posting on what becomes of this adventure.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:33 pm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:08 pm

Haumana wrote:

True story.

You can help yourself out by laying the animal head downhill on a gentle slope. Do the work you need to get through the pelvis and get the arsehole pulled through. The guts and inards will push against the front of the chest cavity, giving you more room and less pressure to work.

Once you have that done, flip him around or lift him and things will go easier.

Have you figured out how to take the legs off with just a knife ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:43 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:08 pm
Yeah, but I have been using a sawzall. Just because I have been running it down the spine to split the carcass in two halves. Every problem becomes a nail if you have a hammer available. HAHAHA

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:07 am

Haumana wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:43 am
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:08 pm
Yeah, but I have been using a sawzall. Just because I have been running it down the spine to split the carcass in two halves. Every problem becomes a nail if you have a hammer available. HAHAHA
:lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:30 am

I did a thing.

My offer was accepted on a true country estate. 9 acres, beautiful house, nice community. There’s a river at the back of the property, an existing chicken coop and run, and established fruit trees.

The dream is coming true bros.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:55 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:30 am
I did a thing.

My offer was accepted on a true country estate. 9 acres, beautiful house, nice community. There’s a river at the back of the property, an existing chicken coop and run, and established fruit trees.

The dream is coming true bros.
Good luck, problem with "owning" property is you don't... you rent for the rest of your life, but instead of paying an outrageous monthly fee to a landlord, you do it once a year to the government, and fuck if you miss a payment or off by a penny.
#NotOneRedCent