Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

The Conservative

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:47 am
Another anecdotal note. We are looking for a new refrigerator. Our 4 year-old one need a part that has been on order for 8 months and counting. At this point we need to stop waiting for the part that may never come.

Guy at one store, who does not get paid on commission so has no need to push a sale on us, stated that prices on appliances are going up 9% across the board within the next couple of weeks. That is a HUGE increase to drop all at once. If it does happen, appliances won't be the only thing jumping in price.
Around here we have shops that repair or sell older model hardware. Might want to see if you have any about that may have the part?
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Another anecdotal note. We are looking for a new refrigerator. Our 4 year-old one need a part that has been on order for 8 months and counting. At this point we need to stop waiting for the part that may never come.

Guy at one store, who does not get paid on commission so has no need to push a sale on us, stated that prices on appliances are going up 9% across the board within the next couple of weeks. That is a HUGE increase to drop all at once. If it does happen, appliances won't be the only thing jumping in price.
Around here we have shops that repair or sell older model hardware. Might want to see if you have any about that may have the part?
I have looked all over. The part as well as that model fridge, is unavailable anywhere. Even if we got a hold of a part from an existing fridge, chances are it has the old version of the part. They redesigned the part after realizing they engineered it poorly the first time.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:01 am

Price update: We are soooooooo fucked.

Flooring we were looking at that was $5.20 a sq. ft. LAST WEEK is now $5.99.

I have a feeling we are going to see price increases in even larger chunks, coming in at faster rates. Instead of increases of 5% a quarter, we'll just get 8% a month.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:25 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

I have looked all over. The part as well as that model fridge, is unavailable anywhere. Even if we got a hold of a part from an existing fridge, chances are it has the old version of the part. They redesigned the part after realizing they engineered it poorly the first time.
I swear we need to stop sending our production to China... This kind of bullshit should not be happening.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:14 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:01 am
Price update: We are soooooooo fucked.

Flooring we were looking at that was $5.20 a sq. ft. LAST WEEK is now $5.99.

I have a feeling we are going to see price increases in even larger chunks, coming in at faster rates. Instead of increases of 5% a quarter, we'll just get 8% a month.
Most contractors are giving a quote that is good for only two weeks. Some are giving quotes that are good for only a week.

The official inflation number is BS. It is much, much worse.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_da ... ion-charts

I still think this is just the beginning. The longer this stagflation stays around there is a real possibility that this spirals into a depression. The mainstream media will try to sugar coat it but like with every other topic we, all know they are full of shit.

There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:10 am

March 2022 ShadowStats “Corrected” Alternate CPI estimate hit 17.15%, up from 16.05% in February], the steepest inflation rate since June 1947 (in 75 years).
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:48 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:10 am
March 2022 ShadowStats “Corrected” Alternate CPI estimate hit 17.15%, up from 16.05% in February], the steepest inflation rate since June 1947 (in 75 years).
This is already out of control and it’s going to get worse. If we didn’t have the petrodollar we would be in hyperinflation already. Brandon still might end up getting us there regardless of the petrodollar. Hell of an accomplishment. This idiot is making Carter look like a decent President….I didn’t think that was possible.

That’s a “Big Fucking Deal”, to quote a dumbass.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:25 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:48 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:10 am
This is already out of control and it’s going to get worse. If we didn’t have the petrodollar we would be in hyperinflation already. Brandon still might end up getting us there regardless of the petrodollar. Hell of an accomplishment. This idiot is making Carter look like a decent President….I didn’t think that was possible.

That’s a “Big Fucking Deal”, to quote a dumbass.
You want to know how bad it really is? Get a Credit Card today... My wife doesn't have great credit, mine took a hit because of the bullshit from my former employer.

Before COVID I was seeing rates at 18% now same cards are at 35%...
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:34 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:15 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:18 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:15 pm
There is a potential source of cheap fertilizer. Partially treated waste water is full of the nutrients farms need. Usually that water is just going to go through further treatment, then be dumped into a local river. If used for fertilizer you can create an income source for waste water treatment, and may be able to reduce or eliminate the use of taxes to fund such treatment.
They are using it already, but problems exist with what is in city sewage systems. It can pollute local water sources and expose people to all kinds of chemicals. There are companies selling it as bagged compost. Don't buy bagged compost without checking the sources and what it is made of. Our big source for this is large cities, but their sewage treatment plants are really just seperating solids from liquid. To be safe, compost has to reach around 150-160 degrees F to sterelize bad bacteria. Still probably won't change all the chemicals in it. Imagine how many chemicals end up in city sewer systems, drugs, estrogen from birth control. It can be nasty.

I have no proof, but I'm guessing some of these mass eColi contaminations in vegetables from California were from exactly this practice.
Yeah, to do it right it has to be properly treated first. That means using bacteria to break down those chemicals.
Speaking of waste management.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:51 pm

Wife & I just bought $1K of canned meats, etc.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change