Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

TheOneX

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by TheOneX » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 pm

This is what happens when you base your world economy on infinite growth. Every economy needs to be as self-sufficient as possible first, with trade being primarily for luxuries. That primarily means the majority of food your economy consumes should be grown within your own economies borders. That is a reason why I am a big proponent of renewable energy sources as it is a way for every economy, and every person, to become energy independent. Same with vertical farming, instead of needing vast spaces of flat land with perfect climate, you can instead grow anything anywhere year round.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:59 pm

4393CD4F-F6AE-4764-8C49-D49AC3F3ABB0.jpeg
5AE59448-65BF-4C22-A325-08765715D7C2.jpeg
E3599541-029B-41AD-9F6E-D2DF0ABB6369.jpeg
Ok. Some reason they show upside down on my phone. But right side up after I click them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:03 pm

Where is that TC ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:10 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 pm
This is what happens when you base your world economy on infinite growth. Every economy needs to be as self-sufficient as possible first, with trade being primarily for luxuries. That primarily means the majority of food your economy consumes should be grown within your own economies borders. That is a reason why I am a big proponent of renewable energy sources as it is a way for every economy, and every person, to become energy independent. Same with vertical farming, instead of needing vast spaces of flat land with perfect climate, you can instead grow anything anywhere year round.
I agree.

Infinite growth is their model. Modern global strategists see a countries population as mere consumers, buying goods, keeping the money flowing. It's all about money flow. Because for every transaction, the government gets a cut of that dollar. You get paid a dollar, the government takes 20 cents. You buy a gallon of gas, the government takes another 30 cents. You haven't even gotten home with your paycheck and you've already lost half the value of that dollar.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:03 pm
Where is that TC ?
Lowell, MA. Target
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:30 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:10 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 pm
I agree.

Infinite growth is their model. Modern global strategists see a countries population as mere consumers, buying goods, keeping the money flowing. It's all about money flow. Because for every transaction, the government gets a cut of that dollar. You get paid a dollar, the government takes 20 cents. You buy a gallon of gas, the government takes another 30 cents. You haven't even gotten home with your paycheck and you've already lost half the value of that dollar.
Ironic or insane that they preach for lower population while holding onto this economic model.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:25 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Where is that TC ?
Lowell, MA. Target
When I see pictures of aisles full of empty shelves I wonder if it's supply issues or stocking issues. A lot of places are short staffed and the empty shelves could be due to not being caught up on stocking.

That said, I have seen sporadic pockets of empty shelves when we shop for groceries. Couple of weeks ago it was the noodles. 99% empty. Talking with others this was not a stocking issue as it was the same at multiple stores in the area.

Never, ever encountered even this type of random, constant encounters of items that were simply not available. COVID lockdowns screwed up the supply chain, but our worthless leaders at all levels have made sure it continues.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:41 am

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/whit ... ext-report

Brace for impact....and bullshit. Lots and lots of bullshit. All shoveled by our media, oh and tik-tok influencers.
White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters in Monday's briefing that while "we are in a better place than we were last month," the administration expects "headline inflation to be extraordinarily elevated due to Putin's price hike."
Keep up this trajectory and we may just get an uprising of NPCs.

Their only solutions are 1) blame others and 2) pass more legislation to spend (and print) even more money.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:47 am

Another anecdotal note. We are looking for a new refrigerator. Our 4 year-old one need a part that has been on order for 8 months and counting. At this point we need to stop waiting for the part that may never come.

Guy at one store, who does not get paid on commission so has no need to push a sale on us, stated that prices on appliances are going up 9% across the board within the next couple of weeks. That is a HUGE increase to drop all at once. If it does happen, appliances won't be the only thing jumping in price.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:47 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:25 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Where is that TC ?
Lowell, MA. Target
When I see pictures of aisles full of empty shelves I wonder if it's supply issues or stocking issues. A lot of places are short staffed and the empty shelves could be due to not being caught up on stocking.

That said, I have seen sporadic pockets of empty shelves when we shop for groceries. Couple of weeks ago it was the noodles. 99% empty. Talking with others this was not a stocking issue as it was the same at multiple stores in the area.

Never, ever encountered even this type of random, constant encounters of items that were simply not available. COVID lockdowns screwed up the supply chain, but our worthless leaders at all levels have made sure it continues.
They said they fill the shelves every night with what stock they have, the shelves that are empty are going to be more common. I'm already seeing shelves with one item across the entire shelf in front so it doesn't look like the shelves are empty.
#NotOneRedCent