Coronavirus thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 am

To just put this lunacy into perspective, imagine your analogs in the past. Were there lunatics in the early 20th century who got angry at the suggestion that we ought to eradicate smallpox, cholera, and polio? Take your posts, and replace covid with polio, and imagine what that sounds like in 1955.

"Polio is fake and gay. You are a fucking moron if you think we can just control this virus. Stop living in fear!"

You have to separate the fact that there are probably an infinite number of really bad pandemic strategies, and that using the existence of a bad strategy or shitty politicians (whom pretty much everybody elected now that the incompetency spans two presidencies and lays at the feet of both parties) does not make a logical argument against eradicating the virus at all, or the necessity to do so.

I think deliberately living in a society where kids are routinely dying or condemned to a life in iron lungs is fucking dumb. I think living in a society where the water we drink is constantly contaminated with cholera is dumb. This isn't any different.

Do you realize you can just keep getting omicron now? It's so infectious, it can take out an entire office building. How do you run a business when your entire office can catch covid and you have to shut down for like two weeks, and it can happen all over again at random after about three months? And, once again, how exactly do any of you think this country is going to pay for all the newly disabled Americans we have right now?? Every time I point out practical problems that, even if we decide to just "live with the virus", we still have to solve them, the responses I get are either anti-vaxx rants or accusations of being stupid.

If we can eradicate this virus like we did polio and smallpox, do you not want to eradicate it?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:30 am
To just put this lunacy into perspective, imagine your analogs in the past. Were there lunatics in the early 20th century who got angry at the suggestion that we ought to eradicate smallpox, cholera, and polio? Take your posts, and replace covid with polio, and imagine what that sounds like in 1955.

"Polio is fake and gay. You are a fucking moron if you think we can just control this virus. Stop living in fear!"

You have to separate the fact that there are probably an infinite number of really bad pandemic strategies, and that using the existence of a bad strategy or shitty politicians (whom pretty much everybody elected now that the incompetency spans two presidencies and lays at the feet of both parties) does not make a logical argument against eradicating the virus at all, or the necessity to do so.

I think deliberately living in a society where kids are routinely dying or condemned to a life in iron lungs is fucking dumb. I think living in a society where the water we drink is constantly contaminated with cholera is dumb. This isn't any different.

Do you realize you can just keep getting omicron now? It's so infectious, it can take out an entire office building. How do you run a business when your entire office can catch covid and you have to shut down for like two weeks, and it can happen all over again at random after about three months? And, once again, how exactly do any of you think this country is going to pay for all the newly disabled Americans we have right now?? Every time I point out practical problems that, even if we decide to just "live with the virus", we still have to solve them, the responses I get are either anti-vaxx rants or accusations of being stupid.

If we can eradicate this virus like we did polio and smallpox, do you not want to eradicate it?
If you can't see the difference between the three instances (polio, smallpox vs COVID) you are truly an idiot.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:19 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:33 am

If you can't see the difference between the three instances (polio, smallpox vs COVID) you are truly an idiot.
They are different viruses. LOL

Do you actually have ideas? I remember accusing people of being chatbots before. It just occurred to me I could fire up my old Lisp interpreter and write a "Bitchbot" and name it TC. His avatar would be a little ankle biter and he'd ask insulting but meaningless questions.

I don't mean to be insulting here. I am just saying that your IQ literally seems to be on par with a chatbot.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:31 am

You can't eradicate a virus that has an animal reservoir. Are you going to double vax and quadruple boost all the white-tailed deer and all other animals that can get Covid in the US?

This virus is endemic and will remain so. Pray for mild variants from now on.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:32 am

Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:34 pm
I couldn't give a shit about the vaccines. If you don't want to get vaccinated, then don't get vaccinated.
Hold… Hold… You can do it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:02 am

Anyone care to tell me wtf this means because my reading of this is the vax gives you cancer.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/970059
The study covered in this summary was published on bioRxiv.org as a preprint and has not yet been peer reviewed.

Key Takeaways
Incubation of normal and tumor glial cells with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (BNT162b2) led to alterations in the biochemical profile of various cell organelles.

The vaccine was shown to decrease concentrations of the oxidized form of cytochrome c in mitochondria, which decreases effectiveness of oxidative phosphorylation, reduces apoptosis, and decreases ATP production.

The investigators also observed alterations in lipid composition, decreases in amide I concentration, and histone modifications in the cell nucleus.

The biochemical changes were similar for normal astrocytes, astrocytoma (representing a mildly aggressive brain tumor), and glioblastoma (representing a highly aggressive brain tumor).

Why This Matters
This study investigated possible effects of the vaccine on the central nervous system.

The results of this study suggest that immune responses are reprogrammed by exposure to the vaccine.

Cytochrome c in the mitochondria of cells plays a key role in oxidative phosphorylation and apoptosis; therefore, the protein also plays a key role in cancer development. The authors indicate a potential association between cytochrome c, the immune system, and cancer development.

The investigators were able to demonstrate the utility of Raman spectroscopy and imaging for noninvasive monitoring of the biochemical profile in specific organelles. This methodology may potentially be used to contribute to further understanding of metabolic pathways, immune response, and cancer development.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:17 am

Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:19 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:33 am

They are different viruses. LOL

Do you actually have ideas? I remember accusing people of being chatbots before. It just occurred to me I could fire up my old Lisp interpreter and write a "Bitchbot" and name it TC. His avatar would be a little ankle biter and he'd ask insulting but meaningless questions.

I don't mean to be insulting here. I am just saying that your IQ literally seems to be on par with a chatbot.
Yes, I know the difference, and you obviously don't. Let me riddle you this and see if you can figure why I called you an idiot.

How are all three spread?
Where did all three come from originally?
When you compare all three do you take into consideration when you talk that the world population was different, and percentages, when talked about, were not increased or decreased to today's numbers?
When the vaccine for all three came out, what was the turnaround and success rate?
Did you get out of bed before posting this?
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:18 am

kybkh wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:02 am
Anyone care to tell me wtf this means because my reading of this is the vax gives you cancer.

The study covered in this summary was published on bioRxiv.org as a preprint and has not yet been peer reviewed.

Key Takeaways
Incubation of normal and tumor glial cells with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA vaccine (BNT162b2) led to alterations in the biochemical profile of various cell organelles.

The vaccine was shown to decrease concentrations of the oxidized form of cytochrome c in mitochondria, which decreases effectiveness of oxidative phosphorylation, reduces apoptosis, and decreases ATP production.

The investigators also observed alterations in lipid composition, decreases in amide I concentration, and histone modifications in the cell nucleus.

The biochemical changes were similar for normal astrocytes, astrocytoma (representing a mildly aggressive brain tumor), and glioblastoma (representing a highly aggressive brain tumor).

Why This Matters
This study investigated possible effects of the vaccine on the central nervous system.

The results of this study suggest that immune responses are reprogrammed by exposure to the vaccine.

Cytochrome c in the mitochondria of cells plays a key role in oxidative phosphorylation and apoptosis; therefore, the protein also plays a key role in cancer development. The authors indicate a potential association between cytochrome c, the immune system, and cancer development.

The investigators were able to demonstrate the utility of Raman spectroscopy and imaging for noninvasive monitoring of the biochemical profile in specific organelles. This methodology may potentially be used to contribute to further understanding of metabolic pathways, immune response, and cancer development.
Not the first time I've heard this, I am waiting for the peer review before getting on this bandwagon though.
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:45 am

kybkh wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:02 am

Key Takeaways

Why This Matters

No, it is saying it has a similar affect on organelles as cancer would. Could that mean you are at an increase risk? Sure, but that isn't a conclusion the paper makes.

From the Conclusion:
We showed that new tools of Raman imaging we present in this paper raise exciting possibilities for new ways to understand links between pathways of cancer, immune responses, and recognize metabolites that regulates these pathways.
As this indicates, the stated goal of the paper is to show how a new imagining system called Raman Imaging can help advance our understanding of biology. I do think it is interesting that they choose mRNA vaccines to demonstrate this on. I do think they may have had some ulterior motives, but I don't think anything definitive can be drawn from this paper. It really only hints at the need for more specific research needing to be done into these affects.
We showed that mRNA vaccine (Pfizer) changes mitochondria by downregulation of cytochrome c resulting in lower effectiveness of respiration (oxidative phosphorylation) and lower ATP production. It can lead to lower immune system response.
I do find this conclusion to be very interesting, though. As we have seen with omicron if you have had the vaccines it seems you are more likely to catch omicron. This matches up well with their findings that the mRNA vaccines can affect cells in a way associated with a lower immune system response. I didn't read through the whole paper, just kind of skimmed it, so something that probably needs to be figured out is if these affects are long term affects, short term affects, or something in between.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:57 am

It’s almost as if we don’t know what the fuck we’re doing with dna modification.

Hubris strikes again.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0