Coronavirus thread

The Conservative

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by The Conservative » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:26 am

kybkh wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:49 am
Only way to stop a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC, is to prevent any and all immigration. New Zealand can't even fucking do it, how the hell we gonna do it?

Notice how all the variants coming from places not within the US?
If they listened to Trump and blocked all international transport.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:53 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:25 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:33 am
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:28 am

It would be like us fighting WW1 and WW2 back-to-back, twice. It's a very big deal. This is catastrophic.

It is indeed catastrophic. But I don’t blame much of it on the virus.
It's also catastrophic for a bigger reason than the fatalities. The fatalities, as horrific as they are in moral repugnance due to government incompetence and individual moral failures everywhere, really are not the biggest threat to our society. Like I have pointed out several times, the best estimates we have right now are that at at least 10% of the infected are permanently disabled. The majority of the disabled are disabled with long covid, but there also are a significant number of people out there with permanent damage to organs such as hearts, lungs, and kidneys. These people are walking dead and a sad few of them have no idea because they had mild cases or didn't even know they were sick in the first place. We now know that each case comes with significant loss in brain matter. We are literally losing IQ with every wave of this virus. It's devastating our human capital.
Gonna need some sources there. As pointed out, the number of infected is completely unknown. The initia testing they rolled out detected Covid in nearly 100% of samples taken.
We likely have doubled the number of permanently disabled Americans since the pandemic began. I would not be at all surprised if this is one of the significant contributing factors to the labor glut. You also have about 3% of the American population with a compromised immune system. Those of us on the immunocompromised bus are now pretty much isolated into our own society by Biden's recent policy change. That means about 3% more of the labor force was just removed if corporations are hell bent on canceling remote work.

So you have a much smaller fraction of the 2019 labor force that now has to pay for a disabled population that is two or three times larger than the size it was in 2019. And you have a government that has NO PLAN to stop this pandemic from continuing to fucking ravage this country and keep us an absolute embarrassment, to the point where we are the worst-performing nation on this planet. At this point, Africa should send experts here to advise us on how to stop killing each other with covid.

We can't afford this shit, man. Have any of you really thought about how we are going to pay for the disabled? If it wasn't for the fact it could bankrupt our nation, the savage schadenfreude of it alone would be sufficient for me to just sit back and enjoy the show. I mean.. these anti-mask conservative whackos are exactly the kinds of anti-disabled shitbags disabled people have to deal with all the time, and here they are walking around catching covid everywhere, which potentially sets them up for that +10% chance of long covid and lifelong invisible disability status. Do they just hate on themselves at that point, like Clayton Bigsby's? I am curious to find out.
Too late for that. We’re going bankrupt regardless.
Still not clear on what you think would stop this. We literally stopped the economy and it had no effect. Vaccine shots reduce hospitalization, that’s about it.
And if you really don't give a shit about society, or your country, or anybody but your own self, I would point out to you that you should consider not just your risk of dying from covid but your risk of lifelong health problems and possible disability. I can tell you from experience that having an invisible disability in American society is not fun. You don't want that, and the risk of getting that from covid is very high compared to the risk of death (which itself is about ten times higher than you were thinking).
I’m considering the 3% chance of disability from the shots. Which again, DO NOT PREVENT TRANSMISSION.

(1)

Scientific American had a good run down on fucking awful the "Disability Tsunami" already is going to be. We need to stop it from getting any bigger.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... vid-rsquo/

This is very well documented problem.

(2)

We are better off than pretty much every other country on this planet. The whole planet if fucked because of global capitalism, but we are best positioned to come out way ahead. It's not all doom and gloom. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, however, and that means to stop elected truly stupid people to office and maybe to stop coughing on one another and dying like total fucking morons. The financial and monetary situation might not be that bad relative to everybody else. Let's just not make it worse, okay?

(3)

Fuck the God damned vaccines. I don't care. Stop fucking bitching about them. You don't have to take them and they aren't going to stop the pandemic. If you already have cellular-mediated immunity from prior infection, then your chances of fucking up the ICU with covid at this point is low. Don't bitch at me about the vaccines when it has fuck all to do with what I said to you. Covid is a big problem for us. Just catching that virus is a big risk and the vaccines obviously aren't going to stop you from catching it.

We need to think about eradicating it. There are very intelligent people in this country. Unfortunately, the pandemic response got hijacked by Wall Street. The vaccine-only response became the default thing and we have lost a million Americans because of this. I am not pushing any specific strategy here. I am saying we need to come up with a viable strategy to eliminate this God damned virus before a variant emerges that kills a lot of people and causes a real societal collapse.
The only solution offered is vaccines. To the exclusion and active suppression of all other treatments.

So if our bright minds aren’t allowed to even contemplate other solutions, how do you imagine this being solved?

Heil Pfizer.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:23 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:53 am
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:25 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:33 am

It is indeed catastrophic. But I don’t blame much of it on the virus.

Gonna need some sources there. As pointed out, the number of infected is completely unknown. The initia testing they rolled out detected Covid in nearly 100% of samples taken.

Too late for that. We’re going bankrupt regardless.
Still not clear on what you think would stop this. We literally stopped the economy and it had no effect. Vaccine shots reduce hospitalization, that’s about it.

I’m considering the 3% chance of disability from the shots. Which again, DO NOT PREVENT TRANSMISSION.

(1)

Scientific American had a good run down on fucking awful the "Disability Tsunami" already is going to be. We need to stop it from getting any bigger.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... vid-rsquo/

This is very well documented problem.

(2)

We are better off than pretty much every other country on this planet. The whole planet if fucked because of global capitalism, but we are best positioned to come out way ahead. It's not all doom and gloom. We need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot, however, and that means to stop elected truly stupid people to office and maybe to stop coughing on one another and dying like total fucking morons. The financial and monetary situation might not be that bad relative to everybody else. Let's just not make it worse, okay?

(3)

Fuck the God damned vaccines. I don't care. Stop fucking bitching about them. You don't have to take them and they aren't going to stop the pandemic. If you already have cellular-mediated immunity from prior infection, then your chances of fucking up the ICU with covid at this point is low. Don't bitch at me about the vaccines when it has fuck all to do with what I said to you. Covid is a big problem for us. Just catching that virus is a big risk and the vaccines obviously aren't going to stop you from catching it.

We need to think about eradicating it. There are very intelligent people in this country. Unfortunately, the pandemic response got hijacked by Wall Street. The vaccine-only response became the default thing and we have lost a million Americans because of this. I am not pushing any specific strategy here. I am saying we need to come up with a viable strategy to eliminate this God damned virus before a variant emerges that kills a lot of people and causes a real societal collapse.
The only solution offered is vaccines. To the exclusion and active suppression of all other treatments.

So if our bright minds aren’t allowed to even contemplate other solutions, how do you imagine this being solved?

Heil Pfizer.
As I said before, he wants us to live in fear or live life his way... either way, he's right, we are wrong, and fuck you otherwise.
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:46 am

He can't make an argument that doesn't rely on some form of logical fallacy. That is why I asked if he is dumb or dishonest. No point in even engaging such people. It isn't a good faith discussion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:47 am

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:46 am
He can't make an argument that doesn't rely on some form of logical fallacy. That is why I asked if he is dumb or dishonest. No point in even engaging such people. It isn't a good faith discussion.
I prefer to lead them toward enlightenment. No sense in shutting out potential allies.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:49 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:47 am
TheOneX wrote:
I prefer to lead them toward enlightenment. No sense in shutting out potential allies.
You can lead a horse to water, but don't blame me when he kicks you in the ass and walks away when your back is turned.
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:51 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:53 am

Heil Pfizer.
Exactly. How many prophylactics were deemed illegal? And now the evidence is coming out that they have been effective treatments all along and the CDC knew it to be true. Horse Paste, anyone?

This line of conversation is surreal.
Last edited by Haumana on Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:51 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:49 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:47 am
TheOneX wrote:
You can lead a horse to water, but don't blame me when he kicks you in the ass and walks away when your back is turned.
Dipshit analogy aside, I lose nothing if he rejects the opportunity. Doesn’t hurt me a bit. Maybe I gain some insight from his retorts, or I’m entertained by the flailing. Either way, win/win.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:02 am

90% of the Dead, have been Vaccinated

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/urg ... mments?s=r

:think:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:11 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:02 am
90% of the Dead, have been Vaccinated

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/urg ... mments?s=r

:think:
The problem with reading something like this is that COVID is a set of symptoms that match common colds. Back in the day, a doctor couldn’t write “cold” as the cause of death, they had to identify the underlying disease but now COVID can be used.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change