Coronavirus thread

C-Mag

Re: Coronavirus thread

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:32 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:16 pm
Vegan seems to work for some people, fine. I do best on primarily a meat diet.
Homegrown beef.

When I'm going strong like I am now for Lent, I'm only eating 1.5 pounds of beef a day. One meal. Fasting the rest of the time besides a cup of Chaga Tea at night for Anti-Oxidents, coffee in the AM, and maybe a cup of bone broth around 1 PM. My beef calories are about 750-1000 Other calories a couple hundred. No sugars, no carbs, no starches. 40 Days.
Yeah, I think it's weird how it works well. I would have thought I would hate it but I don't. I never even missed meat. I still don't. It's so much easier for me to build muscle this way, to get leaner, to maintain. I don't know what the deal is. I wonder if someday there will be specialized diets for everybody based on our genetics.
I have no doubt that genetics play the crucial role in which diets work best for a person. I fucking love carbs, pasta, fresh breads, all of it. I just can't eat it, I gain weight. I did notice when I was hitting Keto hard last Fall that my wife made some homemade bread and I didn't have the same reaction.

May take more testing. Luckily with the economy, we will be baking our own bread a lot more.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:39 pm

I don't really care about the vaccines. What I do care about is everything around the vaccines. I care about the belittling of people who said no to the vaccines, I care about the attempts to mandate the vaccines, I care about the lack of scientific integrity around the vaccines, and I care about the absolute corruption around the vaccines.

Let's start with the Emergency Use Authorization. Emergency use should not and does not mean approved for just anyone to take in a random parking lot without doctor approval. Emergency use should be limited use for very specific situations with only the approval of a medical doctor. This should have been limited to the elderly, those who are immunocompromised, and those with one or more comorbidities. If you are a young and/or generally healthy person it never should have been approved for use. At the time, and still today, we didn't know much about covid or the vaccine, but we did know one thing pretty damn well, generally young and healthy people don't die from covid, only the old and sick die from covid. If your life was not in danger, how can it be an emergency? (by definition anything under emergency use authorization is experimental, even if the experiment includes the general public)

There is also the question of informed consent. Essentially no one in the general public gave informed consent to take the vaccines. They may have given consent, and they may have thought they were informed, but they were not. Still to this day it is literally impossible for anyone to give informed consent on these vaccines. The studies that we needed to see to even begin to approach informed consent are only just now being put out for the public to view on their own. Even then we do not have long term studies on the effects of mRNA or spike protein. That is why most vaccines generally take years or even decades to get approval, because those kinds of studies and that kind of time is necessary to give informed consent.

Also covid is not going to evolve into something more deadly any time soon, if ever. For starters there is a reason why most coronaviruses are considered common colds, because it simply is not in the nature of coronaviruses to evolve to be deadly in humans. It either takes artificially changing the virus or a zoonotic jump to be deadly. Secondly, this variation of covid essentially has the maximum compatible spike protein, which means it is essentially impossible for it to become more transmissible or deadly with its current means of entering cells. In order to become more deadly it would need to essentially evolve a completely different type of spike protein which is not something that is remotely likely to happen any time soon. Add to that the nature of human immune reactions as more people have it the more protected people will be to future variants, making it more difficult for future variants to spread rapidly and be deadly.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:44 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:30 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:15 pm
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:10 pm

We've been eradicating viruses since the dawn of civilization. Now we even have medical science to do it. eradicating small pox was one of the greatest achievements of medical science. We essentially eradicated polio wherever children have access to vaccines as well.

Eradicating covid is going to be extremely difficult, but I am of the opinion that sars-cov2, or some eventual descendant thereof, will eventually collapse this civilization if we don't.

The math looks rather inexorable to me just based on the sheer number of hosts, number of infected species, multiple variants brewing everywhere, and it's mutation rate.

The kinds of men who shout that these problems are too hard so let's just cough on each other and die like fucking morons I don't want leading my nation in any capacity. The problem is hard and we have the smartest people in the world. Let's solve it.
You just said:
“We’ve dealt with this forever”
Followed by
“We have to solve this nearly impossible problem with a .03% fatality rate”

Not Ebola. Not Dengue Fever. Not HIV. This one.
Why?

I never said covid has a .03% case fatality rate. Don't make shit up and quote me as saying it. You can't even talk about "the virus" like that. Which variant? Omicron has a lower case fatality rate with huge infection rate. Delta had over 3% case fatality rate. Now in the aftermath of the omicron wave, our total case fatality rate dropped down to about 2%. You need to get statistics straight here. Are you talking about infection fatality rates or case fatality rates, what are you even talking about here?

.03% case fatality rate is on par with a typical influenza strain. I think you are confused.
He said fatality rate, not case fatality rate. They are very different things. Case fatality rate is irrelevant with covid because there is a low rate of diagnoses. The majority of covid infections are never diagnosed, and therefore never become a case. Using case fatality rate is disingenuous meant to misrepresent how many people actually die from covid.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:51 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:39 pm
I don't really care about the vaccines. What I do care about is everything around the vaccines. I care about the belittling of people who said no to the vaccines, I care about the attempts to mandate the vaccines, I care about the lack of scientific integrity around the vaccines, and I care about the absolute corruption around the vaccines.

Let's start with the Emergency Use Authorization. Emergency use should not and does not mean approved for just anyone to take in a random parking lot without doctor approval. Emergency use should be limited use for very specific situations with only the approval of a medical doctor. This should have been limited to the elderly, those who are immunocompromised, and those with one or more comorbidities. If you are a young and/or generally healthy person it never should have been approved for use. At the time, and still today, we didn't know much about covid or the vaccine, but we did know one thing pretty damn well, generally young and healthy people don't die from covid, only the old and sick die from covid. If your life was not in danger, how can it be an emergency? (by definition anything under emergency use authorization is experimental, even if the experiment includes the general public)

There is also the question of informed consent. Essentially no one in the general public gave informed consent to take the vaccines. They may have given consent, and they may have thought they were informed, but they were not. Still to this day it is literally impossible for anyone to give informed consent on these vaccines. The studies that we needed to see to even begin to approach informed consent are only just now being put out for the public to view on their own. Even then we do not have long term studies on the effects of mRNA or spike protein. That is why most vaccines generally take years or even decades to get approval, because those kinds of studies and that kind of time is necessary to give informed consent.

Also covid is not going to evolve into something more deadly any time soon, if ever. For starters there is a reason why most coronaviruses are considered common colds, because it simply is not in the nature of coronaviruses to evolve to be deadly in humans. It either takes artificially changing the virus or a zoonotic jump to be deadly. Secondly, this variation of covid essentially has the maximum compatible spike protein, which means it is essentially impossible for it to become more transmissible or deadly with its current means of entering cells. In order to become more deadly it would need to essentially evolve a completely different type of spike protein which is not something that is remotely likely to happen any time soon. Add to that the nature of human immune reactions as more people have it the more protected people will be to future variants, making it more difficult for future variants to spread rapidly and be deadly.
:clap:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:52 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:44 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

You just said:
Followed by

Why?

I never said covid has a .03% case fatality rate. Don't make shit up and quote me as saying it. You can't even talk about "the virus" like that. Which variant? Omicron has a lower case fatality rate with huge infection rate. Delta had over 3% case fatality rate. Now in the aftermath of the omicron wave, our total case fatality rate dropped down to about 2%. You need to get statistics straight here. Are you talking about infection fatality rates or case fatality rates, what are you even talking about here?

.03% case fatality rate is on par with a typical influenza strain. I think you are confused.
He said fatality rate, not case fatality rate. They are very different things. Case fatality rate is irrelevant with covid because there is a low rate of diagnoses. The majority of covid infections are never diagnosed, and therefore never become a case. Using case fatality rate is disingenuous meant to misrepresent how many people actually die from covid.
Even regardless of that, this is not the Black Death. It’s a bad flu season.

Why is this particular virus so important? Why did we destroy western civilization over it?

The ultimate own goal.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:54 pm

TheOneX wrote:

Excellent Post.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:56 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:54 pm
TheOneX wrote:

Excellent Post.
+1

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:59 pm

TheOneX wrote:

(1) I would like to point out that "coronavirus" refers to a suborder of viruses and generally describes a vast number of viruses. The ones that cause the common colds are totally different. It's like saying "well, I'm not afraid of sharks because we all had goldfish when we were kids and we they weren't all that dangerous, right?". These are totally different things.

(2) These meme that viruses necessarily evolve to become benign is fake science bullshit. Sometimes they do. Other times they don't. Examples of when they don't: smallpox, polio, cholera, hantavirus, ebola, marburg virus, and now... *dun* *dun* *dun* *dun* sars-cov-2. With the exception of a single variant (omicron), all the other variants have been more virulent. Alpha was more virulent than the original Wuhan strain; delta more virulent than alpha.

(3) Your analysis mistakenly characterizes the evolution of sars-cov-2 as this linear line; as if the original Wuhan strain became alpha, which became delta, which became omicron. That's not what happened. Obviously the original strain is the common ancestor, but these variants are all branched out now and doing their own things. Maybe omicron will continue spawning off less virulent variants, but that doesn't stop delta from spawning off even more virulent variants, and nothing stops brand new variants from emerging, especially from all the other animal reservoirs out there.

(4) If you want to look at a ceiling of how bad this can get, all of sars-cov-2's nearest cousins, viruses like MERS have case fatality rates near 50%. Nobody knows how many mutations away one of these variants might be from unlocking that kind of potential.

(5) The idea that this virus is merely limited by the spike protein is silly. I know virologists right now are trying to figure out just how omicron can spread so fast. It seems to have found another way to infect cells besides the ACE2 receptor. You are not considering all the possibilities here by assuming the virus can only use the spike protein to infect cells via the ACE2 receptor. Omicron shows us that probably is not true. It seems to be abandoning the ACE2 receptor.
As for the potential receivers of those infectious particles, Barclay suggests that Omicron’s transmission strength might be linked to how it enters cells. Earlier versions of SARS-CoV-2 relied on a cellular receptor, ACE2, to bind to the cells, and on a cellular enzyme called TMPRSS2 to cleave its spike protein, granting the virus entry. Omicron has mostly abandoned the TMPRSS2 route. Instead, cells swallow it whole, and it lands in intracellular bubbles called endosomes2,6.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00428-5

I am resigned to the fact that some kind of killer variant has to kill a lot of people before we actually do anything. I am just kind of bored today and thought I would post here. I think you guys should consider you are talking each other up about the wrong things. The vaccines and all this cable news nonsense is not really worth getting upset about. I think this pandemic might be really dangerous to us. Even at the practical level, I really don't see how we can afford the mass disability wave we will suffer if we don't manage the infection rates better.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:03 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:44 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

You just said:
Followed by

Why?

There is no fatality rate. There is a case fatality rate. There is an infection fatality rate (which is kind of a bullshit figure). I am hard-pressed as to where he could possibly have come up with a figure of 0.3% for either an IFR or a CFR for covid. I am also annoyed by him making up statistics and quoting me as posting his made up statistics.

0.3% is basically like an influenza IFR. That's not even close to the CFR of influenza. We had like maybe 7k-14k confirmed influenza fatalities each year on average before the pandemic and the influenza cases were pretty much on par with what we now have for covid. We have lost a million Americans now at least to covid in just over two years. Did SuburbanFarmer become some kind of truther or something or did he just confuse statistics? This shit is really weird to me and I am bit confused.

The government DID used to lie all the time about influenza deaths. They used the IFR to claim like fifty thousand people died from influenza, but that number was totally cooked. The actual number of confirmed deaths would be very small except for a few notable years. But that lying is what undermined their credibility in this pandemic.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:03 pm

Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:59 pm

I am resigned to the fact that some kind of killer variant has to kill a lot of people before we actually do anything. I am just kind of bored today and thought I would post here. I think you guys should consider you are talking each other up about the wrong things. The vaccines and all this cable news nonsense is not really worth getting upset about. I think this pandemic might be really dangerous to us. Even at the practical level, I really don't see how we can afford the mass disability wave we will suffer if we don't manage the infection rates better.
What do you think of the 9 pages of Side Effects of the Jab ?
PLATA O PLOMO