Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by TheOneX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:12 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:28 am
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:07 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:01 am

It's astonishing that we are selling our grain in such large quantities even now. I wonder if we will decrease our exporting soonish? I heard we are also in some sort of fucked up way paying farmers to not grow wheat...do you know if that is true? Is there an incentive to grow something else idk...I always thought we grew too much grain to be honest, and I know from Texas to Alberta we grow plenty if we managed it properly.
The program is called CRP - Crop Reduction Program, it's been around in some form since LBJ. I think they changed the name to something less accurate for political reasons. Don't want to anyone to know we pay farmed not to grow food. While small farmers do take advantage of this program, it's really for elites who buy up huge tracks of farm land and get paid to do nothing with it. Bill Gates is now the largest owner of Farm ground in the US.

The US plains that you point out, well it can feed the entire world. I'm learning that all modern Famines are because someone wants those people to starve.
I can see our sleezy oligarchs/elites doing this, but if no one stops them from doing this now then it's treasonous and potentially murderous.
It is not as sleezy as it sounds. It is about preserving the health of the soil. Farming takes a toll on the health of the soil. Sometimes you have to let the land sit for a while to let the soil recuperate. It was the lack of this crop rotations and letting the land sit that caused the dust bowl. So this program is designed to prevent another dust bowl from happening. Just instead of mandating farmers don't farm some of their land, they instead decided to give economic incentives to not farm the land. Of course there will always be those who take advantage of such incentives.

Source: My grandpa and uncle who are lifelong farmers.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:29 am

Farmland is considered of strategic importance which shouldn’t be subject to normal Capitalist upheaval. Government maintains the resource with subsidies during plenty to still have it for times like now.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:24 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:12 am

It is not as sleezy as it sounds. It is about preserving the health of the soil. Farming takes a toll on the health of the soil. Sometimes you have to let the land sit for a while to let the soil recuperate. It was the lack of this crop rotations and letting the land sit that caused the dust bowl. So this program is designed to prevent another dust bowl from happening. Just instead of mandating farmers don't farm some of their land, they instead decided to give economic incentives to not farm the land. Of course there will always be those who take advantage of such incentives.

Source: My grandpa and uncle who are lifelong farmers.
Farmers are not able to trade their goods in a free market, it is highly regulated. Prices are controlled by Oligarchs. Joe Farmer in Kansas can't just sell his wheat to famine plagued Yemen if they are willing to pay him $100 a bushell. The US government will not allow that, it's illegal. Big Ag is pretty Fucking Sleezy.
a report in 2011 that found government-funded celebrity farmers included former NBA star Scottie Pippen, media mogul Ted Turner, Tony Award-winning rock icon Bruce Springsteen, and fellow rocker Jon Bon Jovi.

Last year, even billionaire businessman Glen Taylor – the owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves – received $116,502 in federal farm subsidies. Does Mr. Taylor, No. 350 on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans, really need taxpayer funding for his egg and dairy farm in Iowa? ............

Residents in America’s five most populated cities received nearly $17 million over a three-year period, including Chicago ($7.7 million), Miami ($4.5 million), New York City ($2.8 million), Los Angeles ($1.6 million), and Philadelphia ($309,000).
In fiscal year 2017, $4.8 million flowed to the upper-middle-class elites in America’s most affluent ZIP Codes. It’s hard to believe folks in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are farming, but these two ZIP Codes received $139,080 and $94,090 over the last three years, respectively.
In Washington, D.C., more than 350 recipients received $1.7 million in fiscal year 2017 farm subsidies. Van Boyette, a sugar industry lobbyist and lawyer, received nearly $32,000 through a controlled corporation last year.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 37745.html#!
They made a program designed to keep families on family farms and corrupted into a free money give away to the wealthy, which makes it attractive to other elites to buy up farm land and get subsidies.

Like everything in Washington DC, it's crooked as a snake.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:15 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:59 am

Don Surber with an excellent rundown of our situation

Nancy Pelosi and other Munchkins in Congress unveiled a new American flag with the bottom rows of stripes replaced with Ukraine's colors. Unlike the real American flag, this one might get you kicked out of the NFL if you dare kneel.

Ukraine is the latest in the string of wars with the Seal of Approval from the New World Order that George H.W. Bush announced to Congress on September 11, 1991.
Exactly 10 years before some people did something.

What they did on 9/11 was enable the creation of another Cabinet bureaucracy with 240,000 people. We also got the Patriot Act and Big Brother-style see-something, say-something public service announcements.

The New World Order was created in the wake of the Kuwait War (commonly called the Gulf War). The New World Order gave us the Yugoslav wars in Slovenia (1991), Croatia (1991–1995), Bosnia (1992–1995) and Kosovo (1998–1999).

9/11 gave us our Afghanistan War (as opposed to the USSR's) and the second Iraq War. And there was the offing of Gadhafi, which ignited a civil war, created millions of refugees who overran Italy.

Syrian refugees overran France and Germany.

All in all, there sure has been a lot of history made since the End of History in 1992.

The big date in 2001 was not 9/11 but 12/11 when Bush 43 allowed Red China to enter the World Trade Organization. The result is Red China racked up trillions in trade surpluses that have funded its military and its expansion of influence worldwide.

This latest war may bring an end to the New World Order and the globalism that it brought with it. To be sure, Ukraine is the doing of Vlad Putin and Vlad Putin alone. Ukraine is defending itself and apparently defending itself well.

But just like the supply chain backlog (which we haven't heard much about recently) and the unleashing of covid worldwide, Ukraine shows the downside of globalism because it comes with shortages, disease and now, war.

The Washington Post reported, "Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the financial reckoning imposed on Moscow in response are proof that the triumphant globalization campaign that began more than 30 years ago has reached a dead end.

"Fallout from the fighting in Ukraine will take a meaningful bite out of the global economic recovery this year, with the greatest impact in Europe, economists said. A spike in oil prices to more than $110 per barrel and renewed supply chain disruptions -- including fresh headaches for the auto industry -- also are likely to aggravate U.S. inflation, already at a 40-year high."

(The prices hiked to $130 a barrel within hours of this report.)

The story continued, "But the war's long-term consequences could be more profound. Even before Russian President Vladimir Putin sent tanks and missiles hurtling toward Ukraine, years of deteriorating U.S.-China relations and failed global trade talks had stalled the tighter integration of finance and trade flows that had been anticipated during globalization's heyday.

"What comes next is unlikely to mirror the Cold War's distinct blocs. Even as the global economic order fractures, no rival ideologies compete for supremacy. And China's harsh authoritarian turn under President Xi Jinping co-exists with extensive commercial ties to the United States, Europe and Japan. But governments, corporations and investors all are adjusting to a new reality."

Globalism -- which President Trump opposes -- has connected the world. All it takes now is one little conflict to send the world into gridlock.

DTN reported. "A global fertilizer market that has already seen many challenges in the past 18 months will see added pressure from the Russia-Ukraine military conflict, according to The Fertilizer Institute (TFI). However, the exact magnitude is unknown for now."

Globalism has put Vlad Putin in charge of our food.

DTN reported, "Russia is the second-largest producer of ammonia, urea and potash and the fifth-largest producer of processed phosphates. The country accounts for 23% of the global ammonia export market, 14% of urea, 21% for potash and 10% of the processed phosphates."

You can put up windmills and pretend you are going to replace oil. But when it comes to food, you need fertilizer to feed 7 billion people.

And not the kind of fertilizer our politicians spread.

Our economy is at the mercy of autocrats. The flag Pelosi and the rest of Washington should wave is the white flag of surrender.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:55 am

I'm calling it. We are now in Hyperinflation.

They are intentionally crashing the world economy to make us poor and bring in their digital global currency.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:55 am

They are intentionally crashing the world economy to make us poor and bring in their digital global currency.
So many people on our side don’t understand that this is intentional. Marxism is the goal.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 am

C-Mag wrote:

That is why I am asking for double my original salary because if I am going to be forced to go through this, I am going to try to be as comfortable as possible. The sad thing is companies so far are willing to accept it.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:08 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:05 am
C-Mag wrote:

So many people on our side don’t understand that this is intentional. Marxism is the goal.
Well, you already said Democracy won't fix it, so what is your answer to solve this?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:08 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 am
C-Mag wrote:

That is why I am asking for double my original salary because if I am going to be forced to go through this, I am going to try to be as comfortable as possible. The sad thing is companies so far are willing to accept it.
Sort of facing this dilemma now. I don’t want to change jobs, but I need my income to keep pace with inflation before I’m making the same as a fucking burger flipper.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0