Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

SilverEagle

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:12 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:56 am
Hamburger in stores is now $5 to $6 per pound
I just picked up six strip steaks for $8.99 per pound. The ground beef was $5.99. I might end up buying a 1/2 cow soon. I have a couple friends that have angus cattle. Grass fed. I also have to get a new roof put on my house. My bank account is going to be hurting and this F’ing inflation is not helping.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 am

Haumana wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:35 am
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:37 am
While I was at the gas station last night I noticed that the Reese’s egg (2 pack) are 2 for $4.50, a year ago they were 2 for $3.00. Milk in my rural area has hit $4.00 a gallon. A year ago a gallon of milk was $2.75. Let’s go Brandon!
Milk is $8 a gallon here. It has always been on the high side but shit. And that is for the generic. Organic/Fancy kind can go for as high $12.
Wow! Damn that’s high. Give it another 6 to 10 months of this bullshit and prices here might be there. Our grocery bill has doubled since Brandon took office.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:24 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 am
Haumana wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:37 am
While I was at the gas station last night I noticed that the Reese’s egg (2 pack) are 2 for $4.50, a year ago they were 2 for $3.00. Milk in my rural area has hit $4.00 a gallon. A year ago a gallon of milk was $2.75. Let’s go Brandon!
Milk is $8 a gallon here. It has always been on the high side but shit. And that is for the generic. Organic/Fancy kind can go for as high $12.
Wow! Damn that’s high. Give it another 6 to 10 months of this bullshit and prices here might be there. Our grocery bill has doubled since Brandon took office.
Ours too. We hit the sales when we can. We have always been stocked up on 3+ months of food. Probably 6 if we have to start licking the bottom of peanut butter jars. :D

Premium gas is now $4.95 a gallon. Rib eye is $18.99 a pound at most stores not on sale. I can get local grass fed ground beef for $5 a pound right now though. Cat food is waning. We haven't been to the city (costco, walmart) in a couple of months so I am not sure what is actually going on on that side of the island. Soon though.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:49 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:12 am
C-Mag wrote:
I just picked up six strip steaks for $8.99 per pound. The ground beef was $5.99. I might end up buying a 1/2 cow soon. I have a couple friends that have angus cattle. Grass fed. I also have to get a new roof put on my house. My bank account is going to be hurting and this F’ing inflation is not helping.
That's the only way to go.
I just finished butchering 2 whole beef, about 1300 pounds hanging weight, 925 pounds packaged meat.
I did it for around $5/lbs for everything. And it's Grade A Beef, not quite prime, but superior to anything you'll find in a grocery store.

My brothers and I slaughtered 4 Beef this winter. One in December and 3 in January. Getting the whole family stocked up.

Turn Fiat into Food.
You need any tips, just let me know.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:49 pm

Haumana wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:24 am
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:14 am
Haumana wrote:

Ours too. We hit the sales when we can. We have always been stocked up on 3+ months of food. Probably 6 if we have to start licking the bottom of peanut butter jars. :D

Premium gas is now $4.95 a gallon. Rib eye is $18.99 a pound at most stores not on sale. I can get local grass fed ground beef for $5 a pound right now though. Cat food is waning. We haven't been to the city (costco, walmart) in a couple of months so I am not sure what is actually going on on that side of the island. Soon though.
This is an unsettling time for sure. We are basically at a crossroads with inflation, will it continue to go up at this rate or will it spike into hyperinflation? I hope and pray that the later doesn’t happen but the economic storm that is brewing could easily push us across the “economic Rubicon” and with Brandon in office it could happen. Once the digital dollar is out there freedom is F’ed. They will know every single transaction that everyone does. A tyrants wet dream.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:49 am
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:12 am
C-Mag wrote:
That's the only way to go.
I just finished butchering 2 whole beef, about 1300 pounds hanging weight, 925 pounds packaged meat.
I did it for around $5/lbs for everything. And it's Grade A Beef, not quite prime, but superior to anything you'll find in a grocery store.

My brothers and I slaughtered 4 Beef this winter. One in December and 3 in January. Getting the whole family stocked up.

Turn Fiat into Food.
You need any tips, just let me know.
Not a bad idea. Always be prepared. I think I’ve heard that some where before. Lol.

Buy physical silver now while you can. I just bought another 20 oz a week ago.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:02 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:50 pm

Not a bad idea. Always be prepared. I think I’ve heard that some where before. Lol.

I've been stacking Silver lately too. Made my first purchase in a year in December, but steadily adding a little here and there since. Silver is due for a nice run. Silver is currently at $23.50.
I don't do it to get rich. It's a hobby and SHTF backup. Plus, I can always pass it on to the next generation and saved wealth, and they will get that generational wealth without the government getting a single bite out of it.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Hey guys. I don't know if there is interest. But I'm going to start to make How To posts in the Self Sufficiency thread. I will focus on how to put up protein on the cheap, with little equipment.
It can be done pretty cheaply.
PLATA O PLOMO

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:29 pm
Hey guys. I don't know if there is interest. But I'm going to start to make How To posts in the Self Sufficiency thread. I will focus on how to put up protein on the cheap, with little equipment.
It can be done pretty cheaply.
Interested, just as long as you aren't talking about farming soy. ;)

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:08 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:02 pm
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:50 pm

I've been stacking Silver lately too. Made my first purchase in a year in December, but steadily adding a little here and there since. Silver is due for a nice run. Silver is currently at $23.50.
I don't do it to get rich. It's a hobby and SHTF backup. Plus, I can always pass it on to the next generation and saved wealth, and they will get that generational wealth without the government getting a single bite out of it.
Bingo! That’s exactly why I do it too and so should everyone else.