Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

The Conservative

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:09 pm

I've noticed plenty of empty shelves. Of course FB fact-checkers are saying the image is false.

Which is bullshit.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:40 am
I've been seeing pictures of empty store shelves: where's that happening? Our local Walmarts don't have as much inventory but it's not even noticeable if you're not looking, and the grocery stores show no sign of shortages. I ask b/c this has the air of Fake News: just enough truth to be convincing but not in evidence.
They are hiding the shit out of it. There will come a point this next year they won't be able to hide it.
I've finally gotten to a point where I have no concerns about long term food going forward. Short of a Holodomar, I'm good. It's an amazing sense of comfort. It's taken a long time, at least a decade.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:40 am
I've been seeing pictures of empty store shelves: where's that happening? Our local Walmarts don't have as much inventory but it's not even noticeable if you're not looking, and the grocery stores show no sign of shortages. I ask b/c this has the air of Fake News: just enough truth to be convincing but not in evidence.
They are hiding the shit out of it. There will come a point this next year they won't be able to hide it.
I've finally gotten to a point where I have no concerns about long term food going forward. Short of a Holodomar, I'm good. It's an amazing sense of comfort. It's taken a long time, at least a decade.
I hope that it happens mid year 2022. It won’t be a red wave. It will be a fucking red tsunami and if the Dems dare to cheat like they did in 2020 they will suffer a French style revolution and I’ll laugh my ass off.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Paternity Pete says shortages are due to the roaring economy Biden started. Thank Biden that he pulled us up out of recession. So much so that we now have shortages.

Their base will be parroting this soon. What is the best way to disassemble it and prove how wrong that is?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Shortages are real, but sporadic around here. What you see online with rows of empty shelves could just be timing of re-stocking, or the worst case scenarios. Still, things are sputtering. We continue to encounter restaurants with odd items out of stock. One place is out of cups, an other tortillas. There is a pattern that I've never encountered so many places with basic items out of stock.

Combine this with the labor shortages, and this will be going on for a while. I've seen chain fast food places closed at 5pm, or not opening until 4pm. Some are now closed on certain weekdays. That never happened prior to 2021.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:28 pm

I don't want to propagate lies, whether they seem reasonable or not. As far as I can tell from going into Ace Hardware this morning, everything is the same as it ever was.

There's been several times that I've been out of contact with the U.S. for a year or so and when I came back, everything was the same, only the names had changed. What happened in Europe, China or South America was immaterial, like they didn't exist.

Even the Marxist takeover hasn't affected me yet except my (ex) friends have been indoctrinated, I think voluntarily b/c they didn't want to be in conflict with their wives & daughters.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:28 pm
I don't want to propagate lies, whether they seem reasonable or not. As far as I can tell from going into Ace Hardware this morning, everything is the same as it ever was.

There's been several times that I've been out of contact with the U.S. for a year or so and when I came back, everything was the same, only the names had changed. What happened in Europe, China or South America was immaterial, like they didn't exist.

Even the Marxist takeover hasn't affected me yet except my (ex) friends have been indoctrinated, I think voluntarily b/c they didn't want to be in conflict with their wives & daughters.
I'm lucky, my wife understands why they are acting like they are, but she sticks with me when arguing issues. Emotions and hope/feels don't pay the bills.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm

I’ve noticed random things being out of stock here and there. Nothing major, things are usually back in stock in a day. The thing that is concerning is that it’s happening more and more.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm
I’ve noticed random things being out of stock here and there. Nothing major, things are usually back in stock in a day. The thing that is concerning is that it’s happening more and more.
Exactly. What we are seeing in both labor and supply shortages is nothing I have ever enciuntered before. Not like this in terms of the duration and breadth.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:24 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm
SilverEagle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:01 pm
Exactly. What we are seeing in both labor and supply shortages is nothing I have ever encountered before. Not like this in terms of the duration and breadth.
You weren't alive during the 70's?
#NotOneRedCent