Ruthie’s Wedding Reception

Martin Hash

Ruthie’s Wedding Reception

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:35 am

My wife, Gwynne, & I had planned a trip circling through several national parks starting after a Steve Miller Band concert at the Washington State Fair in Pulyallup, north of us. During the concert Gwynne got a call from her sister, Judy. She walked outside to talk and when she came back in she said, “There’s a Haven sighting.” That’s when someone sees or hears from our youngest son, Haven, who lives in Peru with his wife, Mirian, & our oldest grandson, Felix. Haven had told Judy he was going to be at Mirian’s sister, Ruthie’s, wedding reception in San Francisco two days hence. Of course, that was exactly opposite the direction we were going but there was no question we would be heading south now so right after the concert ended we had to reverse directions and “fly like an eagle to the sea.”

Steve Miller Band.JPG

I haven’t been to San Francisco in two decades but I’d heard about the Poop patrol & petty crime. Never-the-less, we parked on a side street in the Spanish-speaking part of town near the Golden Gate Bridge egress then changed out of our shorts & Hawaiian shirts to attend the event in our car. We got there before Haven and people stared because no one knew who we were but I simply said we were with the bride; after all, we’d met Ruthie several times down in Peru.

Felix, Haven, Ruthie & Marian.jpg

Haven, Mirian & Felix showed up eventually, and we started making the rounds, doing our part to enliven the mood. In fact, the bartender was the groom’s friend, and he kept my drink filled the whole time. Turns out the father-in-law & grandfather-in-law worked at Hewlett Packard during the same time, and everybody wanted to go to Peru, of course, and I’d been there a number of times so I could talk-the-talk, and I’m an enthusiastic dancer when I’m drunk. At some point I must have become the life of the party because when we were leaving, the groom came over and gave me a big bear hug then another one, and I invited them to come visit us when we got home from our now counter-clockwise trip.

Bride & Groom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Ruthie’s Wedding Reception

Post by DBTrek » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:40 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:35 am
My wife, Gwynne, & I had planned a trip circling through several national parks starting after a Steve Miller Band concert at the Washington State Fair in Pulyallup, north of us. During the concert Gwynne got a call from her sister, Judy. She walked outside to talk and when she came back in she said, “There’s a Haven sighting.” That’s when someone sees or hears from our youngest son, Haven, who lives in Peru with his wife, Mirian, & our oldest grandson, Felix. Haven had told Judy he was going to be at Mirian’s sister, Ruthie’s, wedding reception in San Francisco two days hence. Of course, that was exactly opposite the direction we were going but there was no question we would be heading south now so right after the concert ended we reversed directions.
So, you had to ...

... fly like an eagle, to the sea?
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

StCapps

Re: Ruthie’s Wedding Reception

Post by StCapps » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:49 am

Ruthie is a qt
*yip*