1016 Shadow Revolt

Martin Hash

Re: 1016 Shadow Revolt

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:59 am

You don’t have to use my definition of Fascism: authoritarianism by private interests. You don’t have to be a Libertyist: most liberty to most people. Hell, you don’t have to use my definition of narcissist: center of the universe. I seem to be the only one who sees the world in this way: it works for me but apparently no one else.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:33 pm

authoritarian rule by private interests is an Oligarchy, but not Fascist per se

Fascism is a specific type of Oligarchy modelled by Mussolini on the governance of 1st century Rome

Mussolini as Il Duce, effectively Imperator, although officially the King of Italy remained the head of state

the public & private interests are merged into one, by the military state taking control of private property
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Fascism is a specific type of Oligarchy modelled by Mussolini on the governance of 1st century Rome

Mussolini as Il Duce, effectively Imperator, although officially the King of Italy remained the head of state

the public & private interests are merged into one, by the military state taking control of private property
The military didn’t take control of private property in Italy any more than it did in America at the time. If that’s Fascism then America was Fascist too. In fact, there’s an excellent case that America was Fascist.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:55 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:50 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:33 pm

The military didn’t take control of private property in Italy any more than it did in America at the time. If that’s Fascism then America was Fascist too. In fact, there’s an excellent case that America was Fascist.
I don't actually find America to be that Roman, in that it is ruled by Fascists

there are Fascist elements in play

but America is more of an Athenian Hegenomy than it is a Roman Imperium

the ruling elites in America are the Coastal Elites, which is really an euphemism for the Democrat Plantation Aristocracy

then Fly Over Country is the new Dixieland

America is decentralized like Greek city states, whereas Rome was centralized like China is
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Have you ever seen anybody else propose my 2D political continuum with authoritarianism on each end and liberty in the middle? I think I came up with it though I have seen Fascism & Marxism as the ends before.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:05 pm

the tyranny in America is also like Athenian tyranny

there was no Emperor of Athens

Athenian tyranny is Black Balling

the demagogues whip the mob up against some target, then the mobs of Athenians vote with the Black Ball to exile those persons

Cancel Culture is very Athenian

Roman Fascists would just kill you, whereas Athenians weaponize voting

the fighting over who is a citizen is also very Athenian

"barbarian" is the Athenian word for illegal immigrant ; barbaros

this is why they didn't have universal suffrage, they didn't want foreigners to be able to vote

the American Well Regulated Militia, also Athenian, the Athenian army was the Yeoman Farmers

Roman tyranny was more like China, the Emperor Xi will simply have you executed in the arena, there's no need for a vote

the Roman Legions were more like the PLA, personally loyal to their Praetors in the Politburo
Nec Aspera Terrent