Leftist Greed

Montegriffo

Re: Leftist Greed

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:23 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:06 am
Oregon Congressman Proposes SPACE Tax to Penalize Billionaires Who Pay to Go to Space

https://pjmedia.com/culture/jeff-reynol ... e-n1461941
:doh:

... as if no taxes were paid in the hiring and employment of workers, gathering of materials, conforming to existing regulations, obtaining of fuel, etc, etc.

I swear, it seems like leftists just sit around wallowing in pools of envy and desperately searching for new things tax. If Jeff and Richard both owned poodles they'd probably be exploring a poodle tax. Sad.
I mean…. They did invent new ways to go to space. Hard to argue that ‘nothing of value’ was produced…
Well, they invented a new way to fleece billionaires by selling them joyrides to the edge of space.
It's of no value to me until one blows up on launch.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am

Leave it to a lefty to immediately come in wishing death on people.
So predictably tolerant.
Like clockwork.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:06 am

:doh:

... as if no taxes were paid in the hiring and employment of workers, gathering of materials, conforming to existing regulations, obtaining of fuel, etc, etc.

I swear, it seems like leftists just sit around wallowing in pools of envy and desperately searching for new things tax. If Jeff and Richard both owned poodles they'd probably be exploring a poodle tax. Sad.
I mean…. They did invent new ways to go to space. Hard to argue that ‘nothing of value’ was produced…
Well, they invented a new way to fleece billionaires by selling them joyrides to the edge of space.
It's of no value to me until one blows up on launch.
billionaires are so rich that they tend to just give money away without complaint

if you're looking for Scrooge McDuck misery villains ?

it's probably more the millionaires, like me
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:11 am

When Jeff Bezos landed he immediately donated more than the combined net worth of everyone on this forum.
But he's the asshole.
And all the layabouts, snowflakes, and complainers are the fucking heroes.
Didn't you get that message, it's all over the news.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:16 am

indeed, I think you will find that billionaires are handing out money all over the place

mind you, since I don't work, and therefore do not pay income tax, I don't actually feel hard done by

I can't actually say that taxes are a huge burden these days in relation to the historical norms

I really don't pay that much tax at all relative to my wealth

I do pay the exorbitant liquor & tobacco taxes, although those are actually taxes on the poor, I can afford them
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

Money printing and debt spending keep up like this we may all be billionaires before this is over.
Zimbabwe style billionaires.
Then who will the left hate?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am
Leave it to a lefty to immediately come in wishing death on people.
So predictably tolerant.
Like clockwork.
Well, I don't approve of people flying half way around the world just to sit by a pool for two weeks so I'm hardly going to be in favour of 4 minute joyrides into space.
Especially when Bezos then makes a comment about how a journey into space helped him realise how fragile the tiny layer of atmosphere looks from up there.
Yes it is fragile Bozo and your joyrides aren't helping.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:19 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:35 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Even if nothing of value was produced - is that a justification for taxation?
I mean, consider everything you do every day that produces no value ... be kinda hard to argue that you owe the government money for every non-productive activity you engage in.
Not a point that I was making. Just referring to the part of the article using ‘nothing of value’ as the justification for taxing it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

Well, I don't approve of people flying half way around the world to sit by a pool for two weeks
I guess I'll have to strike you off my guest list then

since you can't fly to Canada for a vacay at my estate apparently

your loss, quite sure Capps is willing to take your slot, he's coming over to bbq tomorrow in fact
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

Well, I don't approve of people flying half way around the world to sit by a pool for two weeks
I guess I'll have to strike you off my guest list then

since you can't fly to Canada for a vacay at my estate apparently

your loss, quite sure Capps is willing to take your slot, he's coming over to party tomorrow in fact
If and when I do it won't be just to sit by a pool or worse still just for a joyride.
Hopefully it will be an opportunity to experience Canadian culture and hospitality and for a chance to share a bong and whip your ass at pool. ;)