Prepping for a future collapse.

The Conservative

Prepping for a future collapse.

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:41 am

I am no longer passively prepping for when SHTF... I am starting to actively do so. I know I am going to be moving soonish (as long as everything stays stable) but I need to prepare for a situation where we will not be able to expect "help" to come soon enough.

As it stands now, Every paycheck I get I am buying 10 ounces of silver. I am refreshing my stocks of long-term food stuffs, I have seeds from over 40 types of plants to grow and I am continuously grabbing more. (all heirloom) I have been working at getting all the components for my AR-15 and the components to make my own ammo...

I have been working on creating long-term preservatives (lard) and freeze spices in olive oil.

I know I am taking it to an extreme to some extent, but the way things are going right now with what I am seeing in the Leftist states, we are going to see some major pushback very soon I am afraid.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Re: Prepping for a future collapse.

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:52 am

:clap:

Good for you.
Skills > Stuff

How are you finding the supply of physical silver, and what are you paying for it ?
I don't think it's extreme at all. For the bulk of human existence people had to be self reliant and take care of themselves, no one was gong to do it for them. The Progressive era has indoctrinated us to look to the Central Planners for everything, and it's a bankrupt ideology. We need to quit acting like being self reliant is something to be ashamed of, it's not. Relying on the system is irresponsible, lazy and shameful. Those whores don't have you or your families best interest at heart. Fuck Em.

I've learned that while heirloom seeds are preferable, regular hybrid seeds will grow just fine. The challenge is learning to grow crops. It's not just putting a seed in the ground and adding water.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:52 am
:clap:

Good for you.
Skills > Stuff

How are you finding the supply of physical silver, and what are you paying for it ?
I don't think it's extreme at all. For the bulk of human existence people had to be self reliant and take care of themselves, no one was gong to do it for them. The Progressive era has indoctrinated us to look to the Central Planners for everything, and it's a bankrupt ideology. We need to quit acting like being self reliant is something to be ashamed of, it's not. Relying on the system is irresponsible, lazy and shameful. Those whores don't have you or your families best interest at heart. Fuck Em.

I've learned that while heirloom seeds are preferable, regular hybrid seeds will grow just fine. The challenge is learning to grow crops. It's not just putting a seed in the ground and adding water.
I'm paying about 3 to 5% above market share right now for silver depending on how I pay for it. And finding it is the hard part, everyone is going for gold, I am going for silver and copper right now.

And the reason for heirlooms is that I can guarantee that they will produce seeds that can be replanted. Some hybrid seeds although they grow well are a one-off. It is why some farmers are trying to get back to heirlooms...

They are tired of buying seeds every season from the same group... corn especially.

I have been trying to get my landlord to allow me to use the property to grow, but he's being a stickler, so for now I am pot-growing, not the same, but it works well for now. Perhaps if things go sideways I will be able to use the land more, but I had an aeroponic system up and running...took it down when I thought the move was for certain, but things went sideawys again. The hydroponic system isn't fairing so well right now. Weather sucks.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:11 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:41 am
I am no longer passively prepping for when SHTF... I am starting to actively do so. I know I am going to be moving soonish (as long as everything stays stable) but I need to prepare for a situation where we will not be able to expect "help" to come soon enough.

As it stands now, Every paycheck I get I am buying 10 ounces of silver. I am refreshing my stocks of long-term food stuffs, I have seeds from over 40 types of plants to grow and I am continuously grabbing more. (all heirloom) I have been working at getting all the components for my AR-15 and the components to make my own ammo...

I have been working on creating long-term preservatives (lard) and freeze spices in olive oil.

I know I am taking it to an extreme to some extent, but the way things are going right now with what I am seeing in the Leftist states, we are going to see some major pushback very soon I am afraid.
Get a 12ga pump and a .22lr
Those are very important to have.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:13 am

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:11 am
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:41 am

Get a 12ga pump and a .22lr
Those are very important to have.
Those are on my list, the AR is only because I can get it without having to register it...
#NotOneRedCent