The Good News Thread

DBTrek

Re: The Good News Thread

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:16 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:08 am
Shocker

Americans Are Leaving Unemployment Rolls More Quickly in States Cutting Off Benefits
https://archive.fo/hBPW1

I'm also betting that a bunch of these people are moving to neighboring states where the freebies continue. Which is an added bonus to the states by getting the freeloaders out.
Funny, I remember Jen Psaki emphatically stating that THEIR economists ASSURED them that government payouts had NOTHING to do with the labor force refusing to return to work.
How odd.
It's almost like ... they blatantly lie to our fucking faces, and half the nation is too retarded to even notice. :think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:43 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:16 am
C-Mag wrote:
Shocker

Americans Are Leaving Unemployment Rolls More Quickly in States Cutting Off Benefits

I'm also betting that a bunch of these people are moving to neighboring states where the freebies continue. Which is an added bonus to the states by getting the freeloaders out.
Funny, I remember Jen Psaki emphatically stating that THEIR economists ASSURED them that government payouts had NOTHING to do with the labor force refusing to return to work.
How odd.
It's almost like ... they blatantly lie to our fucking faces, and half the nation is too retarded to even notice. :think:
These people claim to be the best and brightest :roll:

Can't remember who of this group enlightened me years ago with the statement,

Whatever you subsidize, you get more of.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:31 pm

The woke are getting worried that traditional people will takeoer schoolboards
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/06/rel ... ol-boards/
“Parents across the country are waking up to the indoctrination happening in public schools,” Tony Perkins, head of the Family Research Council, wrote to followers recently. The Family Research Council (FRC) has been designated a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center...........................Perkins’ solution: a “School Board Boot Camp,” to be held this coming Tuesday. “We need parents and concerned citizens to start running for school board and winning elections,”
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:38 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Shocker

People leaving the rolls means nothing. You can still be unemployed and not be getting benefits.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:39 pm

School board elections are totally controlled by the Teachers unions. I don’t see how some regular candidate can beat that?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:59 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:39 pm
School board elections are totally controlled by the Teachers unions. I don’t see how some regular candidate can beat that?
Piss off enough parents and you got a way.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Teachers Unions don't exist in every state.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Those aren't the places where there's a problem.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:56 am
Xenophon wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:19 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Those aren't the places where there's a problem.
Teacher Unions are only as strong as the parents allow them to be. It may be the right time to actually fight back... and yes it should have been done a lot sooner, but there was nothing we could all agree on that was "the problem". Now we have it...
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:08 am

I’ve been through these school board elections several time. One of my (ex) friends was president of the school board for 16 years. Voters don’t know who they’re voting for so whoever the Teacher’s Union backs, that’s who wins.

Most people (99%) don’t even know what district they’re in. Unless the candidate has a huge (church?) constituency, there’s no way to break out.