BREAKING NEWS

The Conservative

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:22 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:53 pm
Criminal Negligence
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ill-fated ... ething-off
Color me shocked. Still say it's not the end of it though.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:09 am

I was pretty surprised that the Daily Beast put that out. It shows a history of the everyone from the building owners to state government not really giving a shit. While the politicians, are claiming Climate Change and acts of God.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:16 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:13 pm

Also a worthy statement. My moneys usually on incompetence, but they tend to go together nicely.
I don't like incompetence for the plain fact it's been used too often to explain actions or inactions of the government. I don't care if the building inspector was incompetent, because someone is getting paid well to ensure she's not incompetent. It's the big trick of the administrative state................. No one is actually in charge or responsible, it was a decision the committee came to. It was a collective decision. This way they can simultaneously take credit for shit that goes well, and divert attention for shit that went poorly.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:44 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:16 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Also a worthy statement. My moneys usually on incompetence, but they tend to go together nicely.
I don't like incompetence for the plain fact it's been used too often to explain actions or inactions of the government. I don't care if the building inspector was incompetent, because someone is getting paid well to ensure she's not incompetent. It's the big trick of the administrative state................. No one is actually in charge or responsible, it was a decision the committee came to. It was a collective decision. This way they can simultaneously take credit for shit that goes well, and divert attention for shit that went poorly.
It's also how the welfare state survives. If we were all self-governing, small communities, we couldn't afford to support a significant populace of idle, but able workers. And we sure as fuck would not just hand them all a portion of our own paychecks for doing nothing. Like native American tribes, you pull your weight or you don't eat. Exceptions for those who are simply unable to contribute, of course.

But you add this abstract layer of "government", and suddenly these idle tribe members feel like they aren't freeloading. They're not taking their neighbor's money (they are), they're simply claiming the government assistance to which they are entitled. That abstraction of "government" suddenly makes freeloading off your neighbors a right, not a crime.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:54 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:44 am
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:16 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

It's also how the welfare state survives. If we were all self-governing, small communities, we couldn't afford to support a significant populace of idle, but able workers. And we sure as fuck would not just hand them all a portion of our own paychecks for doing nothing. Like native American tribes, you pull your weight or you don't eat. Exceptions for those who are simply unable to contribute, of course.

But you add this abstract layer of "government", and suddenly these idle tribe members feel like they aren't freeloading. They're not taking their neighbor's money (they are), they're simply claiming the government assistance to which they are entitled. That abstraction of "government" suddenly makes freeloading off your neighbors a right, not a crime.
We need to look back at how we handled this shit prior to the 'Great Society'. In the before time, each County and many towns had what they called Poor Farms. The poor and partially disabled, who did not have family support could live there, in exchange they grew gardens to feed themselves and sell and did crafts. But over 50 years on, no one can imagine that system.

And if Red States and counties really wanted to be radicals, they would quit taking Federal bucks and do this shit. Red State people would freak the fuck out, because quietly they like the bennies. Like schools, sure arguing at school board meetings is something, but the real move is just take your kids out of school and starve the beast.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am

Giant tent cities have existed before, and only went away when they were forced out combined with jobs.

The real problem is we are a society of victims because they are rewarded for being so, either as an excuse not to perform, or outright financial gain. It’s way over half the population.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:58 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:10 am
Giant tent cities have existed before, and only went away when they were forced out combined with jobs.

The real problem is we are a society of victims because they are rewarded for being so, either as an excuse not to perform, or outright financial gain. It’s way over half the population.
+1
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:00 am

Prediction:

The death toll on the Condo collapse is going to skyrocket over a hundred in the next week. The Lefties are going to be working overtime to hang this around the neck of DeSantis, skipping over the two Democrat Mayors and all the Democrat politicians in deep blue Miami-Dade.

Which is pretty much what they did with Flint Water
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:54 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:00 am
Prediction:

The death toll on the Condo collapse is going to skyrocket over a hundred in the next week. The Lefties are going to be working overtime to hang this around the neck of DeSantis, skipping over the two Democrat Mayors and all the Democrat politicians in deep blue Miami-Dade.

I think they'll save it for his presidential run.
Why waste it now?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:20 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:54 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:00 am
Prediction:

I think they'll save it for his presidential run.
Why waste it now?
It will certainly be used in 3 years. But they are going to get accusations going now, with family members blaming DeSantis for their loved ones dying, and they will try to get soundbites. Then in 2024 they can point back and make the case DeSantis has done nothing to save people of color.............. you know the game.
PLATA O PLOMO