Civil War Doomsday Clock

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Civil War Doomsday Clock

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:46 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:31 am
This paragraph is from an article on states dealing with the Federal government on gun control and nullification, but it's a great move for red states right now.
The tack for an ambitious state governor is clear: define your state militia, and what weapons you wish them to be equipped with should you need to call them out (a variant of the standard infantry rifle of the US armed forces for the last fifty years would probably be a good start, but of course hearing protection is also important). If need be, open a limited state arms store in the same way some run state liquor stores. The idea that the federal government could substantively obstruct this (eg by ruinously taxing, requiring months-long waiting periods, or forbidding altogether) is unsupportable in historical context, as long as it has the explicit legislative blessing of the state as being necessary for their security.
https://theamericansun.com/2021/06/24/a ... ification/

This has not really come up. Our original state and local militias were nationalized by Woodrow Wilson. A few states maintain State Defense Forces. There should be a new push for Red State militias. I believe they would fill fast with Soldiers who no longer care to be indoctrinated about CRT and GD. It's legal, it's under elected leaders and voluntary on the part of the participants.
How is that different from the national guard though?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:50 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:46 am
C-Mag wrote:

This has not really come up. Our original state and local militias were nationalized by Woodrow Wilson. A few states maintain State Defense Forces. There should be a new push for Red State militias. I believe they would fill fast with Soldiers who no longer care to be indoctrinated about CRT and GD. It's legal, it's under elected leaders and voluntary on the part of the participants.
"National" Guard. Right there in the name. The POTUS can call up the National Guard and use them like a standing army. This is why Biden used the National Guard to occupy Washington DC for 5 months. Then you are under Federal command and control.

A true state militia is under the command and control of the governor and State Legislature.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:14 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:50 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:46 am
C-Mag wrote:

"National" Guard. Right there in the name. The POTUS can call up the National Guard and use them like a standing army. This is why Biden used the National Guard to occupy Washington DC for 5 months. Then you are under Federal command and control.

A true state militia is under the command and control of the governor and State Legislature.
Despite the name, I thought national guard troops were under the direct control of the governors…

Didn’t the governor of Maryland call them into the capital?

Also, holy shit are those people still there??

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:21 am

Some are still there.
The capitol perimeter wall is still there.

Governors theoretically have a say in where the NG is deployed. In reality not much.

I'm not saying State militias should go to war against the Feds, but they could be a useful deterrent against extra constitutional moves.

What's in it for the State and Soldier. A force truly dedicated to the state. No foreign adventures.
Strengthening of state identity.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:21 am
Some are still there.
The capitol perimeter wall is still there.

Governors theoretically have a say in where the NG is deployed. In reality not much.

I'm not saying State militias should go to war against the Feds, but they could be a useful deterrent against extra constitutional moves.

What's in it for the State and Soldier. A force truly dedicated to the state. No foreign adventures.
Strengthening of state identity.
I don’t know man. In Florida, they’re regularly called out by the governor for hurricane duty. Never seen the POTUS deploy NG troops.

I’m under the impression that they’re essentially a state’s standing army.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:11 am

Remember, Bush Jr. used the National Guard during the Gulf war which is why they weren’t available to help with Hurricane Katrina.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:45 am

According to Wikipedia, the National Guard is only under the direct control of the state governor and legislature. The only to federalize the National Guard without permission from a state would be in a case where the state is no longer capable of enforcing the law. Otherwise, federalization of the National Guard has to come from by request or by permission of the state. So essentially the only way for the National Guard to go against the state would be for the commanding officers to ignore the state. If I was the governor of my state, I would be taking action to make sure my states National Guard is loyal to the state first.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:11 am
Remember, Bush Jr. used the National Guard during the Gulf war which is why they weren’t available to help with Hurricane Katrina.
Link?

He sent a battalion of us army engineers, but I don’t believe he controlled any of the Guard deployments.

There is some talk of a LA congressman telling guard troops to rescue his belongings, instead of rescue people, but that’s all I’ve seen.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:50 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Link?

He sent a battalion of us army engineers, but I don’t believe he controlled any of the Guard deployments.

There is some talk of a LA congressman telling guard troops to rescue his belongings, instead of rescue people, but that’s all I’ve seen.
What?! Dude, Bush put huge numbers of NG in Iraq.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:50 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:59 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Link?

What?! Dude, Bush put huge numbers of NG in Iraq.
I think they can be drafted into foreign actions with the consent of the governors, but only the governors can deploy them domestically.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace