CRT Schoolboard Meetings...Seeds of a Revolution

kybkh

CRT Schoolboard Meetings...Seeds of a Revolution

Post by kybkh » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:48 am

Gen Xer's worst trait has been their Laissez-faire attitude toward local government. We grew up in a still mostly intact, homogeneous environment, where even though we knew there to be corruption throughout the government, we still expected all our ships to sail in the same direction and if anything ever got too fucked-up, the system would self-correct.

I have seen this not only in all levels of government, but in local non-profit community organizations. Below is an example of what happened at a swim club i was involved with. It was set up as a non-profit but run like a corp with the head coach and his wife calling all the shots. Once the two got a divorce, members were forced to peak under the hood and a team that had finished second in the state the year before was dissolved 12 months later.

For most families, including myself, we thought all we had to do was show up and stroke a check. A turn key operation. However, when the lid was removed and the families got an inside look at the operation, it was obvious we had all been asleep at the wheel. We just showed up to board meetings and voted the way HC told us to.

excerpt from my letter to families:

A couple months passed after I joined the board with very little conversation among the board members until Jul-2018 when HC (head coach) began ringing the alarm of team’s pending financial doom and the assistant coach was fired. After he alerted all of us to the dire straits the club was in I became much more active in trying to get the Board to chart a path forward as shown in the attached documents.

I called for a board meeting immediately following AC's firing to discuss the situation (see Doc1) so I could be prepared to explain to Members what was going on. The CEO, HC, never replied to my request. I did not know at the time that the reason HC was avoiding having this meeting was because AC’s husband, was the President of the Board. I was surprised that the husband of a for-profit swim lessons (substitute for name of swimming lessons company which we allowed to use our pool) employee was on the board, along with the owner of for-profit swim lessons (HC), and the owner of the accounting firm which was paid for work she provided to both for-profit swim lessons and swim team. I was the only member of the board not being compensated by team in some form or fashion.

Once the families got involved, the drama just went to peak levels. team HC vs team Parents. rumors, innuendo, personal attacks, etc.

This is the situation we find ourselves in as a nation. I don't know if we will ever be able to look back at the books and determine how things turned to shit so quick, but it is obvious to me the if the stake holders of this country don't start caring and paying attention to what the fuck is going on soon, it will be too late.

That is why I am excited about seeing GenXers showing up at these board meetings. We must retake control of local boards and remove the "experts" who are nothing more than benefactors of federal grants.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

The Conservative

Re: CRT Schoolboard Meetings...Seeds of a Revolution

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:14 am

I hold my hope in check, in Mass they are pussies...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:30 am

All fallout from Nixon closing the gold window. Everything is financialized and sold out. Corruption is rampant and not going away. The long slow death of empire affects every citizen and structure.

We can hope that the death of the boomers helps us recover, but it may be too far gone.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:31 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:30 am
All fallout from Nixon closing the gold window. Everything is financialized and sold out. Corruption is rampant and not going away. The long slow death of empire affects every citizen and structure.

We can hope that the death of the boomers helps us recover, but it may be too far gone.
We already have the next generation of boomers... they were after Gen X....
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:38 am

kybkh wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:48 am
Gen Xer's worst trait has been their Laissez-faire attitude toward local government. We grew up in a still mostly intact, homogeneous environment, where even though we knew there to be corruption throughout the government, we still expected all our ships to sail in the same direction and if anything ever got too fucked-up, the system would self-correct................

That is why I am excited about seeing GenXers showing up at these board meetings. We must retake control of local boards and remove the "experts" who are nothing more than benefactors of federal grants.
Don't know if I'm excited, but I love to see it.

I had quite an education with a small town school board a few years back. Not to bore you all I'll try to summarize the key items in bullet points.
- The School's roof was not maintained, resulting in mold growing in the school
- By charter, the Superintendent is in charge of school maintenance
- The Superintendent claimed there was no money for the repairs, he didn't ask for more money
- The Superintendent had a clause in his contract, good intentioned, that he would get a raise, if costs came in under budget
- Superintendent leading up to the issue kept cutting hours and staff of the maintenance personnel
- Superintendent kept making more money
- Superintendent went out and recruiting pliable people to run for school board. He loaded it with yes men.

I took up the issue with the Superintendent and School Board, citing the dangers of mold growing in the school. Denials, Lies, dragging shit out, making me the villian, tried to socially isolate me (cancel me)............. all the tactics tyrants and lefties try.

The story is about how corruption gets started, and grows. It only takes a few years of people trusting key players and not really being involved.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience