The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

DBTrek

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 pm

I dunno.

I like the Gen Xers that don't whine about their parents like a bunch of fat millennials.

Like ... if you hold boomers in such low regard ... but also position yourself as powerless to avoid the horrible world they created because they're just so unstoppable - you're kind of a pussy.

That's my Gen X take.
Boomers are selfish twats.
Millennials are snowflakes.
And Gen Xers that bitch about boomers like whining little brats are actually millennials at heart.

You can quote me on that. ;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Loss of Institutional Knowledge with the Passing of the Greatest Generation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:50 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 pm
I dunno.

I like the Gen Xers that don't whine about their parents like a bunch of fat millennials.

Like ... if you hold boomers in such low regard ... but also position yourself as powerless to avoid the horrible world they created because they're just so unstoppable - you're kind of a pussy.
Agree with that part.

But the two aren’t mutually exclusive.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:47 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:31 pm
Damn, that entire page is gold.

EDIT: and as I typed that, I was reminded by my idiot neighbor of that golden day ahead when Harleys are left to rot, and no longer shake my windows in waves of boomer masturbatory futility.
:lol:
I never thought of that, but Harleys are standard Boomer equipment.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 pm
I dunno.

That's my Gen X take.
Boomers are selfish twats.
Millennials are snowflakes.
And Gen Xers that bitch about boomers like whining little brats are actually millennials at heart.

You can quote me on that. ;)
Oh, it's for entertainment value DB. Like I said when I started this line of discussion, grab your popcorn. Boomers are selfish twats, trolling them over it is fun. Watching some of good jibes being written about the Boomers is a guilty pleasure.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:47 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:31 pm
Damn, that entire page is gold.

EDIT: and as I typed that, I was reminded by my idiot neighbor of that golden day ahead when Harleys are left to rot, and no longer shake my windows in waves of boomer masturbatory futility.
Cars from the 50s/60s, baseball cards, ‘classic rock’ stations playing the same 40 songs all day, mainstream news, all shall be swept away.
RVs and housing will be cheaper too.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:47 pm
It was a great company that survived the great depression by the grit of great men, ans then the boomers shuttered US factories, and bought cheaper versions from India so they could ride around through the suburbs in their gay leather pants.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:59 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:12 am

If I were a boomer I'd just be like "Oh, the past actions of the government is all my fault? Cool. Then the actions of the current government are all your fault. Figure out what male and female are, stop bringing back the racism we got rid of with the Civil Rights Act, and stop importing illegals by the millions and then complaining your non-skilled ass has no job".
When I used to fight on reddit I'd tell kids the same thing. You're all going to be associated with the worst parts of the generation, just like the boomers you despise. Boomers thought they'd be remembered as civil rights heroes and rock and roll gods. MEs will be remembered not just for their laziness and entitelement, but for racism and Trump.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:36 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:59 pm
When I used to fight on reddit I'd tell kids the same thing. You're all going to be associated with the worst parts of the generation, just like the boomers you despise. Boomers thought they'd be remembered as civil rights heroes and rock and roll gods. MEs will be remembered not just for their laziness and entitelement, but for racism and Trump.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You make a good point.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:34 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:55 pm
Cars from the 50s/60s, baseball cards, ‘classic rock’ stations playing the same 40 songs all day, mainstream news, all shall be swept away.
RVs and housing will be cheaper too.
All replaced by Prius', apps that show Pokemon walk among us, pop stations playing the same 10 songs all day, and tik tok,

So much better.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 am

The truth is all generations suck because people suck, and generations are made up of people.