No taxes, no legislature, no democracy -- No state

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: No taxes, no legislature, no democracy -- No state

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:06 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:03 pm
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:00 pm
You could say it was a better way to do government, but trying to redefine government so as to exclude pirates just looks like sophistry.
I'm sure lots of terms look like sophistry to people with a limited vocabulary.
Since the difference between governance and government has been covered in this thread multiple times I don't see the point of another repetition.
I'll simply accept that you're incapable of seeing any difference between the two - and are therefore confounded by much of this thread.
The difference between governance and government has been claimed without much explanation.

It remains unclear to me how the time-scale of an institution is critical to the definition of 'government.' Pirates are as compelled by the threat of violence as any citizen of any state.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:06 pm
The difference between governance and government has been claimed without much explanation.
:doh:
It remains unclear to me how the time-scale of an institution is critical to the definition of 'government.' Pirates are as compelled by the threat of violence as any citizen of any state.
Are they voluntarily subjected, by their own free will and agreement to this potential of violence for oath-breaking? Or are they subjected to a threat of violence by virtue of being born on a particular land mass where everyone popping out of a vagina WILL obey the rules or else?

Because one is agreeing to a system of governance, and the other is living under a government.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:14 pm

To clarify, for those of us mid-wits with poor vocabularies:

Government and governance look like difference conjugations of the same word. A noun and an adjective with the same root meaning.

The very smart anarchists have seen fit to turn them into different terms, but a biased sheep such as myself is bound by the shackles of grammatical rules that don't treat different conjugations as dramatically changing the meaning of words - just the usage.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:56 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 pm
I’m a “try-hard” so be careful with my core belief system or I’ll dispense pirate justice.
You've proven you are more than willing to maroon dissenters. ;)
But no keelhauling like a true pirate.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:19 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:10 pm
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:06 pm
:doh:
Are they voluntarily subjected, by their own free will and agreement to this potential of violence for oath-breaking? Or are they subjected to a threat of violence by virtue of being born on a particular land mass where everyone popping out of a vagina WILL obey the rules or else?

Because one is agreeing to a system of governance, and the other is living under a government.
Ah - I see.

If every generation makes their own rules from scratch, and the rules die with them, then it is governance - free and voluntary.

If children have the same rules as their parents, then it is government - illiberal and autocratic.

Presumably, the corollary is that parents that raise their children to accept the rules they've inherited are oppressors, manipulating the free minds of their young.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 pm
I’m a “try-hard” so be careful with my core belief system or I’ll dispense pirate justice.
You are a relatively benevolent tyrant of this digital dictatorship.
HAIL!

-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:21 pm

governance
n. The action, manner, or power of governing.

government
n. the body of persons that constitutes the governing authority of a political unit or organization: such as ...

Can a mutually agreed upon contract provide governance?
Can a mutually agreed upon contract be a person, body of persons, or exercise authority?

I don't know what to tell you man...
It's ok.
Every concept isn't for everybody.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 pm

If there’s rules, that’s a government. I ain’t livin’ in no anarchy paradise that expects me to do as they say. Me and my well-armed cousins want to own that place.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:22 pm
If there’s rules, that’s a government.
Indeed.
I guess that makes Hasbro and their extensive backlog of board games they largest purveyors of governments on Earth.
I learn so much in this place.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:20 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:18 pm

You are a relatively benevolent tyrant of this digital dictatorship.
It’s too bad our secret masters don’t know what they’re missing? I’d be an awesome enlightened tyrant.