Draining the Swamp

Martin Hash

Re: Draining the Swamp

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 am

In anarchy, I would kill you, rape your wife & eat your kids. That’s most liberty to the most brutal.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 am
In anarchy, I would kill you, rape your wife & eat your kids. That’s most liberty to the most brutal.
Sounds more like you're the type of guy who would be killed first, immediately reverting to bestial stunts like that.
I can see why centralized control is vital for you.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 am

Money is imaginary and only has value as a mechanism of achieving your personal goals. What are your personal goals? Mine was to be a complete homo Universalis. Money only facilitated that: every part being a combination of merit & luck.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:40 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:38 am
Sounds more like you're the type of guy who would be killed first, immediately reverting to bestial stunts like that.
I can see why centralized control is vital for you.
:lol:
It’s true that without government preventing it, since I’m amoral, I would be considered a bad, bad man. Me and millions like me.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am

It’s true that without government preventing it, since I’m amoral, I would be considered a bad, bad man. Me and millions like me.
Yet pirate kingdoms, drug cartels, and crime syndicates all operate without government, and don't collapse into chaos. They do, however, swiftly kill the mad dogs who think they have free license to victimize others. So, at least we're agreed on government being vital for your survival. Since a centralized force depriving individuals of liberty is key for your lifestyle, maybe consider the possibility that maximum liberty isn't really where you're at.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 am

Yet pirate kingdoms, drug cartels, and crime syndicates all operate without government, and don't collapse into chaos. They do, however, swiftly kill the mad dogs who think they have free license to victimize others. So, at least we're agreed on government being vital for your survival. Since a centralized force depriving individuals of liberty is key for your lifestyle, maybe consider the possibility that maximum liberty isn't really where you're at.
Crime cartels are government by another name.

Maximum liberty? R U straw-manning me? A king has maximum liberty. I say most liberty to most people.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:56 am

Crime syndicates, pirates, gangs, cartels, and the like have governance, but often no formalized government.
Every time you start a sentence with "The government should ..." you're taking another step away from liberty.

Now obviously a certain number of steps away from liberty is necessary for harmonious cohabitation of groups of people.
But you've walked such a great distance from liberty that now you're obsessing over how much other families possess at their time of death. You can't even see liberty over the vanishing point on the horizon at that distance.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:58 am

Liberty = Freedom X Opportunity

Living alone on a desert island you have maximum freedom but no opportunity so there's no liberty.
Living in an authoritarian society there's plenty of opportunity but no freedom so there's no liberty.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:59 am

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 am
Indeed. We all need to help the corrupt government find better and more effective ways to strip wealth from people.
I can see why that should be everyone's #1 priority.
Who can tolerate rich people existing?
Better to have an armed cabal of narcissists in power to keep them in their place.
That will surely benefit the little people.

:doh:

Y'all just different creatures from me.
I see that now.
Don't confuse my arguments as sincere. I am coming from a devil's advocate position. I am asking, what argument would I make to convince a leftist to go along with my goal of abolishing the current tax system. I see the current system as an overly complex undue burden on people's life. It is an obscure way for politicians and bureaucrats to easily manipulate society to get their way, or even to destroy people's lives.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:00 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:43 am
homo Universalis
Is that what they are calling gender fluid these days? :D