Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

The Conservative

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 am
I have 4 kids in the house, so I’ll be getting a bunch of money. But it makes me wonder wtf I’m working for then.

And it won’t help much when a cheeseburger costs $100. That house you’re looking to buy? Well it’s about to double in price. Again.
It will double after I have it in my possession. That's what you are missing, there are going to be a few months where things fluctuate, and that is when I am buying the house. If I can get it before the spike, I will be golden.

And if you are going out to eat in this environment instead of saving money and making things at home to eat... don't know what to tell you. Startup a burger shop and make money?
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 17, 2021 8:29 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:41 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:05 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:00 am
They’ve essentially cut my salary by 40k.
Oh, same here... but at this point in time, you either complain till you are blue in the face, or take it and save it/use it accordingly.

This is one time you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, there are too many issues here that we know are coming down the pike, but we would be a fool not to take advantage of them until the midterms...

I can’t take advantage of it - I don’t qualify.

I’m getting fucked hard.
I was the same way until my wife lost her job due to COVID.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
I have 4 kids in the house, so I’ll be getting a bunch of money. But it makes me wonder wtf I’m working for then.

And it won’t help much when a cheeseburger costs $100. That house you’re looking to buy? Well it’s about to double in price. Again.
It will double after I have it in my possession. That's what you are missing, there are going to be a few months where things fluctuate, and that is when I am buying the house. If I can get it before the spike, I will be golden.

And if you are going out to eat in this environment instead of saving money and making things at home to eat... don't know what to tell you. Startup a burger shop and make money?
I wouldn’t count on that, but best of luck. We all need it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 17, 2021 8:36 am

Side note: looks like full payment up to $112k for HoH. Scales down beyond that.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 17, 2021 8:39 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

I wouldn’t count on that, but best of luck. We all need it.
I have been through hell, I have always come through ahead. I've been homeless, I've been kicked out of a house we just bought because of bullshit, I've had to keep stoic while my family worried about where the next meal was coming from. Uncertainty of where the next paycheck comes from, if at all. Sending out checks that would bounce if you don't find $100 to pay $2500 rent... for that month because your job doesn't pay enough to live.

Selling off things you own, things you wanted to leave your kids just to make it so you can eat that week...

Most people would not know how to handle the shit I've been through, yet what people are seeing now is what my life was like for almost a decade and change.

What people are seeing today, a portion of those like me have lived through already, you are coming into a world I thought I left behind 7 years ago.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 17, 2021 11:55 am

Gas Shortage Fuckery

Bonus:
$9.99 a gallon? Officials receive complaints about price gouging at NC gas stations
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dolla ... r-BB1gHYej
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 18, 2021 3:40 pm

:lol:
80% of DC gas stations have no fuel
https://youtu.be/n-cyF8biM7I

:twisted:

Couldn't happen to nicer bunch
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 18, 2021 4:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:40 pm

I bet, without searching, 100% of political swamp creatures have gas.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 18, 2021 6:32 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:12 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:40 pm

I bet, without searching, 100% of political swamp creatures have gas.
Oh the high ranking ones do, but the majority of the lobbyists and grifters don't, anything that will make them doubt build back better I'm in favor of.
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:12 am

You'd think with so many places running out of gas there would be more from the major "news" sites on this. Main page of Google News doesn't even mention it.

Are widespread shortages like the one in D.C. really happening? If so, how it is affecting the people living there that need to get to work every day? it just seems like there is either a blackout of this information or it's really not a big deal. Maybe the high percentage reports of being out of gas are incorrect, or maybe those running out are being replenished quickly.

Just feels like a disconnect going on somewhere with this.