Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Smitty-48

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:29 pm
No doubt.
Bribeocracy and bio-Leninism for the short term win, long term lose.
this is why we need inflation, we need the interest rates to go up, it's the only thing which will constrain them
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:35 pm

mid to long this will work in your favour, your mortgage will be getting smaller faster

you just have to stress test your life to make sure you can cover your amortization

my father was paying 18% on his mortgage for awhile, but he made it through, we just lived with a budget
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:39 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:37 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am
basically everybody in the Anti-Democrat camp is screaming ZOMG inflation all of a sudden, because the Democrats are in charge

if Trump had won, the same people would be saying everything is coming up roses

nothing has actually changed, the Big Lie on the right in America is that Biden has changed the policies, which he hasn't

it's pure partisanship driving all narratives, none of them are to be trusted, certainly not for investment purposes

two seconds before Trump lost, the economy was Tremendous, two seconds later it was a Disaster, whatever

the Democrats have adopted all of Trumps economic policies, nothing has changed in a hundred days

Trump's policies were Democrat policies, he stole their platform, so there is nothing for them to change

Trump is not a conservative, he is a disgruntled New York Democrat and always was

America voted for Democrat style protectionism, now that is coming home to roost

protectionism is just a tax on yourselves, the cost gets passed through to you, the consumer

so just accept what you voted for, this is the result

you wanted a trade war, now you have one, this is how they go, this is how it went in the 70's trade wars too

it was the Democrat trade policies then too, and it was Nixon who adopted them, same as Trump did
I have to disagree, some of us were worried about the spending before, but we also wanted the economy to be back to where it was, with COVID and the over-hyping of the bullshit they were pushing... the republicans were in many ways being pushed in too many directions...

Now the Democrats control everything, and they are spending money like a drunken sailor
the debt went up 36% under Trump, that's drunken sailor too, but whatever
Again, some of us were worried about what was happening... I did not say we excused it... or liked it. Hell, I wasn't happy about the money being blown, but at least in the case of Trump, he kept the bullshit down that the DNC tried to get away with. Now it's in full parade.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:53 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:49 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:39 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:37 am

I have to disagree, some of us were worried about the spending before, but we also wanted the economy to be back to where it was, with COVID and the over-hyping of the bullshit they were pushing... the republicans were in many ways being pushed in too many directions...

Now the Democrats control everything, and they are spending money like a drunken sailor
the debt went up 36% under Trump, that's drunken sailor too, but whatever
Again, some of us were worried about what was happening... I did not say we excused it... or liked it. Hell, I wasn't happy about the money being blown, but at least in the case of Trump, he kept the bullshit down that the DNC tried to get away with. Now it's in full parade.
specific to general fallacy, I'm not blaming you personally for anything

I don't dislike Trump, I like the guy, as I say, he was the jester who said that the emperor had no clothes

but his economic policies were stolen from the Democrats right out of the 1970's, with similar results
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Trump really had no choice, it was the only way to win the election

the Information Age is making industrial jobs go away, making them obsolete

the Blue Collars in the Rust Belt didn't want to hear that

they wanted to hear that they could use protectionism to stave off the future

so Trump told them what they wanted to hear, so he could win
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 13, 2021 1:01 pm

Trump’s economic policies were losers. He campaigned on shrinking the debt with China, left with it being bigger than ever. We already covered tariffs. He did economics like the NY Democrat he used to be. Also sucked on gun rights, repeatedly floating the idea of soft bans or conditional ownership.

But his work done to forestall the Marxist losers and radical woke was priceless.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:05 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:01 pm

But his work done to forestall the Marxist losers and radical woke was priceless.
indeed, but as Marty says, he was only holding back the flood

politics is downstream from culture, Trump didn't change the culture, but the Woke have

this has been decades in the making, Trump couldn't really stop the future forever
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:10 pm

I would suggest that Trump simply came too late

the Blue Collars waited too long before abandoning the Democrats

we needed Trump instead of George W. Bush

by the time Bush & Obama had done so much damage, it was too late to save MAGA by then

somebody needed to say the emperor had no clothes much earlier than 2016

it's too late now, everybody knows, but the options have narrowed as the crisis has expanded

the die is cast, we are going to ride this one down as far as it goes, there's no righting the ship at this point

look around, we are being governed by sheer lunacy, actually crazy policies, theatre of the totally absurd

this is the Collapse in progress, right now, it's a cultural collapse, the economy is way downstream from that
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 13, 2021 1:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:10 pm

by the time Bush & Obama had done so much damage, it was too late to save MAGA by then

it's too late now, everybody knows, but the options have narrowed as the crisis has expanded

the die is cast, we are going to ride this one down as far as it goes, there's no righting the ship at this point

look around, we are being governed by sheer lunacy, actually crazy policies, theatre of the totally absurd

this is the Collapse in progress, right now
I honestly think if we voted in Perot we would have been in a much different situation than we had now.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:28 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:25 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:10 pm

this is the Collapse in progress, right now
I honestly think if we voted in Perot we would have been in a much different situation than we had now.
I don't know

but the catastrophic military defeat that is the GWOT, followed the catastrophic 2008 financial collapse after ?

that changed the culture itself, there's no going back now
Nec Aspera Terrent