Monte Hall Hoax

Fife

Re: Monte Hall Hoax

Post by Fife » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am

Get out of here with your Rasputin-level mysticism mumbo-jumbo, Math-Nerd.

The Spirit compels you to stick with Door Number One!

:goteam: :drunk:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:32 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:27 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 am
All I wanted to do was prove there was a god and get famous.
There is.
But apparently he doesn't want you to be famous this time around.
:lol:

Maybe expound on your hemoglobin theory. Why is hemoglobin less likely to exist in a godless reality?
I've never heard the argument.
I've done the hemoglobin one at least twice in MM, and lots of other times in online discussions: even computer scientist's eyes glaze over. The "irreducible complexity" well has been poisoned.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am

Both Hemoglobin and Number Theory give us a glimpse of God. Through a glass darkly, as it were.

That's why they are both so beautiful. Thoughtful people also get some laughs out of the blockheadedness of atheists. So there's that. :dance:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 am

Fife wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am
Both Hemoglobin and Number Theory give us a glimpse of God. Through a glass darkly, as it were.

That's why they are both so beautiful. Thoughtful people also get some laughs out of the blockheadedness of atheists. So there's that. :dance:
Ok, I’m curious.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:04 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 am
Fife wrote:

Ok, I’m curious.
Here's the first time I trot it out: Central Dogma My argument got better as time went by; I focused more on how the computer-like aspects of ribosomes create an irreducible complexity. (There are few viable in-between hemoglobin stages so evolution is not possible.)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:18 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:04 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 am
Fife wrote:

Ok, I’m curious.
Here's the first time I trot it out: Central Dogma My argument got better as time went by; I focused more on how the computer-like aspects of ribosomes create an irreducible complexity. (There are few viable in-between hemoglobin stages so evolution is not possible.)
Well, given that we just discovered and named this process a moment ago, I wouldn’t expect to understand how it all came into being.

But just to play with the idea, you’re positing that evolution couldn’t have produced any sort of ‘in-between’ stage to this process.

A brief visit to Wikipedia lays out the hypothesis:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribosome
The ribosome may have first originated in an RNA world, appearing as a self-replicating complex that only later evolved the ability to synthesize proteins when amino acids began to appear.[59] Studies suggest that ancient ribosomes constructed solely of rRNA could have developed the ability to synthesize peptide bonds.[60][61][62] In addition, evidence strongly points to ancient ribosomes as self-replicating complexes, where the rRNA in the ribosomes had informational, structural, and catalytic purposes because it could have coded for tRNAs and proteins needed for ribosomal self-replication.[63] Hypothetical cellular organisms with self-replicating RNA but without DNA are called ribocytes (or ribocells).[64][65]
RNA World: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_world

The RNA world is a hypothetical stage in the evolutionary history of life on Earth, in which self-replicating RNA molecules proliferated before the evolution of DNA and proteins. The term also refers to the hypothesis that posits the existence of this stage.
I won’t claim to understand all of that, but as a general rule, lack of understanding doesn’t demand a supernatural answer. We’ve done this ever since thunderstorms and comets in the sky.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:49 am

It's hemoglobin that has few, if any in humans, intermediate stages. How ribosomes work is where the odds against it forming spontaneously come from.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:37 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 am
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:42 am
Red Hat?

Is that a MAGA thing, or an open software thing, or something my normie google-search doesn't understand?
It took a while but I found it: Red Hat motto (you need to click the "Authentic" tab.)
:lol:

I actually googled "Red Hat" because I didn't understand what that meant, and the software company came up. I immediately thought, "well, that can't be it - what the hell am I missing?" Then I went full conspiracy theory, and thought that 'red hat' was some deep, dark-web shit that google wouldn't show me.

Turns out - it was the software company. Perils of lazy investigation!

(sorry... hemogoblins... please continue)
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:42 am

A lawyer schooling a bunch of nerds in a math problem. I love it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:22 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:42 am
A lawyer schooling a bunch of nerds in a math problem. I love it.
An Epic troll is when no one can tell.