Re: GoG:: Now mostly going by *Rusty*

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 am

The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:12 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:21 am
That group really played off each other well.

When you do the Four Feathers, you might take a little time and watch the 30s version of that film. I think it's a better.

Full movie
https://vimeo.com/459539764
Im going to watch the old one too thanks. Um if you don't like Once Upon a Time or Tarantino films skip to the last hour of part 2 and tell me what you think about what Richard and I talked about.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:13 pm

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Can someone tell me if it's possible to 'subscribe ' to my podcast and what podcast provider you get it from?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:14 pm
Can someone tell me if it's possible to 'subscribe ' to my podcast and what podcast provider you get it from?
I just tried. I got a wall of text and code. No luck.

Just finished the Generals podcast. That was great. James' info on Nathan Bedford Forrest is a complete shocker.
Great Questions Rusty, and James ability to go in depth on off the cuff questions is remarkable.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:28 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
I can’t find “Rusty Vignettes” with a search of the default podcast app on my iPhone.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:20 am

I use podcast addict. You should be able to just copy the RSS text and paste it into Apple Podcasts, though.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:11 am

According to my libsyn feed data people are using Spotify, apple, and Google play and any number of platforms to listen to it and I can't find my podcast on those sites either so it's strange idk. I need to figure this out though if I want to coordinate any growth that's for sure.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
I just tried. I got a wall of text and code. No luck.

Just finished the Generals podcast. That was great. James' info on Nathan Bedford Forrest is a complete shocker.
Great Questions Rusty, and James ability to go in depth on off the cuff questions is remarkable.
Yeah I need to figure out how people can subscribe to it bc its the only way to retain significant viewership if I ever build that. Right now the show is getting between 150-200 listeners a show. But after the traffic from James website dries up it'll be like 20-50 downloads. I just don't know what i need to do on a technical level to at least set up the ability to have folks subscribe on say at least Spotify...dammit.

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked it. James is 60 and never finished HS and is more well read on everything I went to College for haha. It's humbling.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:16 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
I can subscribe. I copied the link to your rss and added it manually to my app (Podcast Addict on Android). No problems.

You should submit your podcast to https://podcastindex.org/. That is the new open podcast directory that Adam Curry has started in order to prevent future banning of podcasts by Big Tech censors. A lot of app developers are incorporating it in their searches.
You should also look into the new features that are being developed in the podcasting 2.0 project.

Try this:
https://blubrry.com/manual/podcast-prom ... ast-index/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck