The Era of Biden

Martin Hash

Re: The Era of Biden

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:56 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:37 pm
Hard to abuse $2000 that EVERYONE is getting.
Because they can just use the same $2000 to cancel your $2000.
It's why UBI will never work.
If we all start with $0 a month, or we all start with $2000 a month - nothing changes. We're all still starting from exactly the same point. Either everyone at zero, or everyone at +$2000.
Simple math, really.

(Of course, the key is in these programs NOT being universal. If me, TC, and GCF all get $2000, and Martin, Silver Eagle, and Partyof5 have to pay for it and don't get any back - THEN things change. We gain $2000, they effectively lose $4000)
You underestimate my accounting abilities... I will be collecting the $2000.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:03 pm

DBTrek wrote:
If we all start with $0 a month, or we all start with $2000 a month - nothing changes. We're all still starting from exactly the same point. Either everyone at zero, or everyone at +$2000.
Simple math, really.

(Of course, the key is in these programs NOT being universal. If me, TC, and GCF all get $2000, and Martin, Silver Eagle, and Partyof5 have to pay for it and don't get any back - THEN things change. We gain $2000, they effectively lose $4000)
Yup I won’t get it. Our Household is just north of $180k a year. We will not see a dime. This is all about “leveling the playing field”. :angry-banghead:
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:29 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:40 pm
If they want the money machine to go "burrr" then I am going to take full advantage of it. If they want to make it so that we get $2000 a person a month for six months, I'm going to abuse the shit out of that and move down south, so I can move to a red state and say "Fuck Mass" while flipping it the bird as I leave it.
Good for you. Some of us don't qualify for any of the stimulus money.
Hey, then you are the “rich” by the mindset of the Biden Admin.

Congrats, bend over and take it. Your Democrat Overlords demand it.
#NotOneRedCent

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:40 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:44 pm
Biden people seem to believe that printing money for people to spend is the same as people doing productive labor to earn money.

Of course, if you could just print money and give it to people to spend and achieve the same thing as nations where people have to add productive labor to the economy to earn money - why wouldn't everyone do it? All of sub-Saharan Africa could print money and give it to people to spend. Yet they don't.

Wonder why.

(Hint: If no one is producing anything, then you have nothing to spend money on)
Nonsense! Zimbabwe produced a ton of $trillionaires a few years back, just by printing money! They had so much money they had to put signs on the toilets not to use/flush Zimbabwe dollars! :twisted:
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:03 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Simple math, really.

Yup I won’t get it. Our Household is just north of $180k a year. We will not see a dime. This is all about “leveling the playing field”. :angry-banghead:
Equity baby, Equity.

To really level things, the government should take $160K from you, then give you $2000.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:04 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Simple math, really.

1. That isn't how economics work.
2. What would you propose we do when automation gets to the point where large swathes of the population are unemployable at no fault of their own? UBI certainly doesn't make sense today, but UBI isn't about today.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:33 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:29 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:28 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:40 pm
If they want the money machine to go "burrr" then I am going to take full advantage of it. If they want to make it so that we get $2000 a person a month for six months, I'm going to abuse the shit out of that and move down south, so I can move to a red state and say "Fuck Mass" while flipping it the bird as I leave it.
Good for you. Some of us don't qualify for any of the stimulus money.
Hey, then you are the “rich” by the mindset of the Biden Admin.

Congrats, bend over and take it. Your Democrat Overlords demand it.
This is how we all race to the bottom. The system is encouraging me to stop renting my other home. Less income may mean our family each qualifies for the 2k. Now the economy has 1 more rental family displaced. And 1 less rental property, so rent will go up due to lower supply.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 pm

I’ve posted on UBI numerous times: unless people are forced to work, they’re going to play videogames, smoke dope & masturbate all day; I certainly would have at 18. Only a decade of working maturity changed my mindset.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:55 pm
I’ve posted on UBI numerous times: unless people are forced to work, they’re going to play videogames, smoke dope & masturbate all day; I certainly would have at 18. Only a decade of working maturity changed my mindset.
Just curious, UBI... what if we we do a UBI for those who NEED it, and not based off of race, gender, or age. If they are of working age and refuse to, they don't get it, but if they need it, even though they work full time (getting paid under a living wage) this would take into effect?

There would be valves in place where if a company is purposely paying people under a living wage for a position that should not be, they are penalized?

I am not for a Universal Pay, but I would be for those that need it... I would replace two systems with this one, because if we are going to talk spending money, we may as well make sure they use systems that need to be fixed and cleaned up anyway...
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:26 pm

Everybody on UBI, like the dole, is lost. But America is lost anyway so grab what you can get.