Re: The Fed

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:09 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:50 am
If you just handled the pedo barbs the way you handle the cannibal barbs, clubby would get bored as fuck, and you'd have a lot more fun around here. Pro tip.
I wouldn't serve Clubby Goldman, no one would like the bitter aftertaste he leaves in your mouth.
You missed the point. If you applied the way you handle this to the way you handle that, it would work infinitely better. You are playing right into clubby's hands when you don't have to at all, lighten up francis, stop getting butthurt and start making jokes instead.
I've stopped ignoring Mort now anyway and he's only failed the punch in the mouth test once all year. He bored himself eventually.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:13 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:09 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:58 am

I wouldn't serve Clubby Goldman, no one would like the bitter aftertaste he leaves in your mouth.
You missed the point. If you applied the way you handle this to the way you handle that, it would work infinitely better. You are playing right into clubby's hands when you don't have to at all, lighten up francis, stop getting butthurt and start making jokes instead.
I've stopped ignoring Mort now anyway and he's only failed the punch in the mouth test once all year. He bored himself eventually.
Just saying, in the future, more jokes, especially of the self depreciating variety and less butthurt will go a long way the next time he "fails the punch in the mouth test".
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 am

I recognize Smits as the source for Covfefe-19, and I don't mind using the term freely everywhere without any attribution to the author. Intellectual "property" is a state racket anyhow.

WASH US CLEAN COVFEFE-19

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 am

Fife wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 am
I recognize Smits as the source for Covfefe-19, and I don't mind using the term freely everywhere without any attribution to the author. Intellectual "property" is a state racket anyhow.

WASH US CLEAN COVFEFE-19

REAL WOMYN are using COVID-19 to empower themselves. Its kind of eerie isn't it? That toddler handing the stripper a g-string dollar is gazing into her future come 18 years. With parents like that, she doesn't stand a chance...

Look at the proud parents with the phone taking a pic. The Prostitution Will be Televised.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:35 am

heydaralon wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 am
The Prostitution Will be Televised.
Ooo, Gil Scott-Heron. Good choice.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 am

4 trillion, 6 trillion, what's the dif?

Every American needs a few thousand, TODAY, why should we be hailed back into work for the robber barons?

I saw this interesting video from Matt Parker this morning and it reminds me of how completely illiterate and/or uninterested people are in math and simple, basic economic concepts, and how damned difficult it is to get people to think of things in even a slightly IRL way.

Heaven help us all when we are all millionaires and the empty shelves at the grocery stores are no longer a 24hr nuisance.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 am
4 trillion, 6 trillion, what's the dif?
Dude, we don't need your math, we need your sweet lawyer cash. You're probably a billionaire. Pay up son.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 pm

The Fed is the ultimate enabler of terrible governance. Prove me wrong.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm

kybkh wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 pm
Don’t get stuck in money is a number that needs to balance thinking. The Fed is doing a great job of keeping the plates spinning. It’s all going to come crashing down but not because of monetary policy; my goodness we’re locking people in their homes.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:33 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm
kybkh wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:52 pm
Don’t get stuck in money is a number that needs to balance thinking. The Fed is doing a great job of keeping the plates spinning. It’s all going to come crashing down but not because of monetary policy; my goodness we’re locking people in their homes.
The first time I was told what gave the $ value in my Econ 201 class, the answer given was so simple it seemed absurd, "faith" I was told. I was too ignorant a student to follow up with a meaningful question, so I have been left to ponder that statement for the last 20 years. The immediate question in my youthful mind was what does faith have to do with money? In the simplest understanding, people have to have faith that they can take a dollar and purchase what they need or want.

With that simple understanding the next, more complex question is how does a currency derive the ability to be used to purchase the specific goods and services desired by enough people to give it value not only on the local scale (cause you ain't getting shit for seashells around here), but on a global scale?

There's really only one way to ensure the type of acceptance the dollar has in global trade, the barrel of a gun. You can act like goodwill or sound currency policies make the difference, but at the end of the day we all know you take the $ or you are given the bullet. Military dominance ensures the world will accept your money. It therefore provides stability for your currency and faith that you can spend $ wherever you like and if someone refuses, CVN-73 will be arriving shortly.

So, once you get the ultimate credit score earned via body count, you get limitless credit. With that limitless credit, the government can enact any financially unsound policy it wants. The Fed is nothing but a printing press at this point, but its role in how we have arrived to today's pedophiliac utopia is undeniable. It sets the rules we citizens must abide while allowing the govt and entities to play fast and loose with our resources without causing too much immediate discomfort on the American people.

The damage is done now though. The bailed out banks have financed the sale of every major American asset to international corporations for pennies on the dollar. All that's left for the Fed to do is....

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama