BREAKING NEWS

Martin Hash

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am

Egalitarianism is VERY alluring; almost everyone you know, including yourself, would financially benefit from it because wealth concentration has gotten so extreme that the mean is no where near the median. Of course, all the other Elitist shit that comes with “equality” would impact your life, and most people here would have to be “re-educated.”

The Median Net Worth of Millennials is $11K

The Average Net Worth in America is $692K
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:08 am
Egalitarianism is VERY alluring; almost everyone you know, including yourself, would financially benefit from it because wealth concentration has gotten so extreme that the mean is no where near the median. Of course, all the other Elitist shit that comes with “equality” would impact your life, and most people here would have to be “re-educated.”

The benefit would be fleeting. Once entrepreneurs start getting fucked over, they will simply stop producing, some even leave the country. Then, IDGAF about MMT, shit will start the long slide into everything Communism always produces.

My Liberty is not for sale.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:

Given the likelihood of anything ever changing about our current clusterfuck, it’s still pretty appealing. Government isn’t going to reform itself - that much is clear.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 am

The fact that government won’t change is the fault of democracy. I’m the world’s only-ever blah, blah, blah; with SOLUTIONS which I’ve extensively promoted, ran for office 5 times, and I can only get 400 votes more than nobody.

People deserve what they get.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 am
Even the 400 that voted for you?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:20 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:49 am
Even the 400 that voted for you?
I'm assuming you would have been one if you'd been here, so us 401 people will be grasping our guns & our Bibles when the Commies come to get us.

p.s. I got 3900 votes but the invisible guy got 3500, and actually beat me in my own county.
p.p.s. I was 3rd out of 248K votes; that means 244K people thought twits were better qualified than me, and 3500 people thought "nobody" was.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am
Martin Hash wrote:

The benefit would be fleeting. Once entrepreneurs start getting fucked over, they will simply stop producing, some even leave the country. Then, IDGAF about MMT, shit will start the long slide into everything Communism always produces.

It doesn't have to be egalitarianism or liberty; that's always been my point. The problem isn't income inequality, it's wealth concentration.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am
Martin Hash wrote:

It doesn't have to be egalitarianism or liberty; that's always been my point. The problem isn't income inequality, it's wealth concentration.
The trouble is most of these people don't understand the difference between "income" and "wealth". It's easy to tax income, it's harder to tax "wealth" without consequences they don't understand - I think I read somewhere that Bezos only takes like $80k/yr in salary, I'm sure he sells stock so gets income that way, but the vast majority of his "wealth" is in Amazon stock or property.

It's easy to say I have "wealth", but that's a couple $hundred-grand in my house, my retirement (401k, IRAs) that I can't even touch for a few more years (just turned 56), and some stocks/mutual-funds. I do get some "income" from dividends/distributions, but I already get taxed on that.

If you try and tax individual "wealth" - other than perhaps inheritance tax (a wealth *transfer*) it's going to be problematic. I can't sell "1% of my house" every year to pay a tax on that "wealth" (that I worked hard to pay off with my already taxed income, and pay property tax on yearly already). If house prices soared tomorrow and my house was suddenly worth twice what it is today my "wealth" has increased, my "income" hasn't.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Income can be handled with high progressive personal income tax rates. Wealth concentration can be handled at the end, when you’re dead. Your erstwhile heirs will be the ones affected.

We are literally letting our nation be claimed by the Communists because the other side believes in aristocracy.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:50 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm
Income can be handled with high progressive personal income tax rates. Wealth concentration can be handled at the end, when you’re dead. Your erstwhile heirs will be the ones affected.

We are literally letting our nation be claimed by the Communists because the other side believes in aristocracy.
Both are losing strategies.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0